PDA

View Full Version : Atari 2600 games

ZTC
05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I've been working on and off collecting 2600 games, and was wondering if there are any fully comprehensive listings of all cartridges released with all the variations in label/box design. I have around 70 games (not including variants) which I need to recatalogue (lol). Since I have no clue to play a couple of games, are there some resources for game manuals? Also, is there any advice for trying to get carts to work, as I have a few carts that refuse to play.
Aside from that, the 2600 was my 2nd system, and I've been enjoying it for 14+ years including the following games: Stampede, River Raid, Combat, Battlezone, and E.T.(j/k lol)

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Hmm... I'm afraid that I can't really help you much there, as aside from a handful of games such as Pitfall, the system has never interested me too much. Doing a google search for "atari game manuals" brings up a few sites that look fairly promising, in particular a couple sites apparently dedicated to the old Atari systems. If you ask around there, you'll probably be able to get better information from other Atari enthusiasts. I suppose there could be a few Atari lovers hanging around AGN I don't know about, but for the most part retro gaming doesn't go much further back than the NES around here.