PDA

View Full Version : ps3 to Xbox 360 converter

Master Ghaleon
05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Let me say that I wasted a year of gametime by getting a PS3 and now loving life with the 360. I only have a hand full of games (listed in the sticky thread) but it is way better then the PS3. Now this isnt coming from a fanboy or anything. A gamer like me that loves multiplayer online games, this 360 is where it is. Now I know why most of my friends got the 360

Forgive me god for I have sinned by getting a PS3. Let me embrace the light of the 360 and enjoy gaming! lol

I never played Ninja Gaiden but it looks badass so I am waiting on that game but is any games you recommend? I pretty much like all types of games, Love sports/rpgs.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
On the RPG front, you absolutely positively without question must have Lost Odyssey. GET IT NOW. Also, Eternal Sonata is a high-quality RPG well worth owning.

WarTech: Senko no Ronde is a shmup/fighter hybrid, and quite fun. It's not for everybody, but if you fit the niche, it's a great game.

N+ is a pleasure and well worth picking up.

On the 3-D fighter front, aside from the upcoming Soul Calibur 4, Virtua Fighter 5 is a great title. DoA 4 is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't played it as I've never been too fond of the series.

I have no opinions on FPS titles worth picking up, as I find console FPS games to be worthless.

EDIT: Also, DMC 4. Whether NG2 will be better remains to be seen (though the answer is almost certainly "yes"), but DMC 4 is still a great action game.

Brasel
05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I'll kick myself if Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII come out on 360, otherwise I'll stick with PS3, as I love it so.

Cloral
05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
For console FPSs, both CoD4 and Halo 3 are worth playing online. Also, Bomberman Live is a really great rendition of Bomberman and highly recommended if you're a Bomberman fan.

Honestly, I haven't gotten that many games on the 360 lately. The last game I got was Lost Odyssey, before that it was probably Halo 3. Lately I've been mostly playing Mario Kart.

Breaker
05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Shadowrun is an awesome and underrated FPS for the 360. It's also only like 29.99 now, so no excuse not to pick it up! Gears of War, Halo 3, and The Orange Box are all good picks as well.

RPGs: Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, and pretty soon Fable 2. Fable 1 is available on the Xbox Marketplace if you've never played it. Pick it up for 10 bucks. Oblivion is also definitely worth checking out.

BioShock is an awesome FPS with hints of an RPG added to it. Playing it alone in the dark will creep you out as well.

Culdcept Saga is a very unique boardgame / cardgame that you can play single player and online. It's D&D meets Monopoly.

Universe at War is a pretty solid RTS.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Oblivion is also definitely worth checking out.

No.

Oblivion is complete, utter, unadulterated SHIT on the 360, and I cannot stress that enough. The level scaling system alone ruins the entire game and makes it a miserable experience. The only, only worthwhile way to play Oblivion is to get the PC version and use a mod that removes the fucking awful level scaling, such as Oscuro's. If that's not an option, then don't waste your money.

To quote myself from this old thread: (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101497)

Oblivion is complete and utter garbage without Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, or another such mod that removes the game's retarded scaling system. With vanilla (unmodded) Oblivion, you run into the problem that every encounter, and the rewards you get from them, are based on your current level. That means you can't go into a particularly nasty dungeon to get a exceptionally powerful item. It means that a bandit that takes three hits at level one with a stick will still take three fucking hits at level ten thousand with The Ancient Sword of Godlike Power. There's nothing stopping you from finishing the game at level 4. Vanilla Oblivion is pure sandbox, and doesn't actually have any real *game* to it at all.

So, yeah. Don't get a console version of Oblivion. Bioshock, CoD 4, The Orange Box... if your PC can't handle them, then it wouldn't kill you to play the console versions, but Oblivion is another matter entirely. It's worthless garbage without the appropriate mods, plain and simple.

MottZilla
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
I must second ShadowRun. It's a really neat FPS with good game design and neat ideas. Sadly it didn't catch on that well and somehow the value of the game dropped dramatically. But don't let that fool you, the game is very fun.

As for other Xbox 360 games, since you've already got CoD4, there's also Gears of War, maybe try out Rainbow Six Vegas. You might have some fun with Grand Theft Auto 4 online as well. Assassin's Creed is worth a play through too though there's no multi. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

These days I just play Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 for 360.

Master Ghaleon
05-21-2008, 09:20 PM
I have played Halo before and it was alright but for me Call of Duty 4 is the shit.

Also, Bomberman Live is a really great rendition of Bomberman and highly recommended if you're a Bomberman fan.

I never played Bomberman before so I dunno how that is.

Warlock
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Awesome 360 games:
-Lost Oddysey
-Mass Effect
-Crackdown

And like, Halo 3 and Gears I suppose :P I will also concur that Bomberman Live is great. Get that one.

ZTC
05-21-2008, 10:18 PM
How the hell have you managed not to play bomberman before? ;) I've heard that BioShock is pretty kickass. Other than that, I can't think of any other games to suggest.

Master Ghaleon
05-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I was thinking about getting Saints Row 2 when it comes out too. I will try out bomberman, If I like it should I go ahead and get the 3 xpacs too? is it worth it?

Cloral
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I didn't bother with the addons. I think they just add new maps and costumes. And I personally don't like all the odd configuration maps. The original style is the best.

Breaker
05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Some of the costumes are very cool. My bomberman looks like Hunter S. Thompson, and that's only available in one of the expansions.

Master Ghaleon
05-26-2008, 12:16 AM
So I got Saints Row, only 20 dollars. Figured I would play it and see if I like it enough to play Saints Row 2. Its actually pretty fun lol