PDA

View Full Version : Gamertag bans and names that are hilarious.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 03:52 PM
RichardGaywood banned from Xbox live. (http://kotaku.com/392304/xbox-live-gay-crackdown-might-be-getting-a-little-out-of-hand)

Short version: the gamertag "RichardGaywood" was banned from Xbox live for being a "gay reference." What they apparently didn't know is that Richard Gaywood is the man's actual name.

Now, the whole gamertag banning thing doesn't really interest me. The important thing about this story is that it brings to light a real human being named Dick Gaywood. That goes straight to the list of Funniest Names Ever, if you ask me.

Cloral
05-21-2008, 03:57 PM
If my name was Dick Gaywood, I wouldn't be stupid enough to use that name online. Just look at how many people there are all over the internet making fun of his name now.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I dunno, a name like that is so unintentionally hilarious that it moves into the realm of being completely awesome. Further, how many people would actually believe it was your real name?

Beldaran
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM
If my name was Dick Gaywood, not only would I use it as my online name, but I would wear t-shirts with my name printed on the back. No one could kick me out of their establishment or say I was being inappropriate!

Shazza Dani
05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Why the hell is a "gay reference" a reason for banning someone?

richardgaywood
05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I dunno, a name like that is so unintentionally hilarious that it moves into the realm of being completely awesome. Further, how many people would actually believe it was your real name?Hah, thanks man!

@Cloral: I don't care. Seriously, I heard all those jokes before I was 10 and I'm 30 now. I've outgrown being bothered by it. On the other hand, I've had a lot of people on a lot of different forums go out of their way to tell me I'm being a good sport and that Microsoft are being stupid. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

@Beldaran: t-shirts, you say? Hmmmm...

Dann Woolf
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Why the hell is a "gay reference" a reason for banning someone?

I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with tomophobia, starts with a h and it's homophobia.

Prrkitty
05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome to our forums Mr. Richard Gaywood. :)

Dogchew9
05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
If I had a name like that I would use it everywhere, because it's fricking hilarious.

Feasul
05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow, Richard, what were the odds of you joining this forum just in time to post in this exact thread? :tongue:

Russ
05-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow, Richard, what were the odds of you joining this forum just in time to post in this exact thread? :tongue:
I'd say impossible. I doubt it's really him. :tongue:

Sam Atoms
05-31-2008, 12:31 AM
I'd say impossible. I doubt it's really him. :tongue:

Either that, or someone saw this topic and referred him here. Who, or why, I have no idea.

Russ
05-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Either that, or someone saw this topic and referred him here. Who, or why, I have no idea.
You know, I don't really care either. :D