PDA

View Full Version : then()?

Master Maniac
05-20-2008, 10:48 PM
does this function exist at all? it would be really nice if it did...

Gleeok
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Huh...:odd: You mean 'else'?

Joe123
05-21-2008, 04:25 AM
And what is the purpose of this 'then()' MM?

C-Dawg
05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Can I stick a boner array in a butt loop?

(Kudos if you get the reference.)

Gleeok
05-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Can I stick a boner array in a butt loop?

(Kudos if you get the reference.)

Ahahahhahaa!!!! Dude, I was about one second from displacing a mouthful of coffee on to my monitor in some type of touhou bullet pattern!

..And no, don't get the reference.

C-Dawg
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Online web comic named "Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal." There's a comic script about a new, super-elegant programming language designed by 12 year olds. My quote was one of the questions from a student in the class in the comic strip.

On a more series note, I meant the post to mean: no one has a clue what you're asking, Master Maniac.

The_Amaster
05-21-2008, 06:23 PM
...it sounds like if-then...
but thats a really basic function. MM should know that.

Master Maniac
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
no i meant as in a sequence.
like this:

if(this happens){
then(this happens){
then(this happens){
make this happen

meaning if a certain condition is met for the if() and then the next few conditions are met in the order specefied by the sequence, then the final line is to make this happen

i found a way to navigate around it, but it would bt much easier to make ocarina scripts without having to use else() every other function...

Joe123
05-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Lol n00b!

(Sorry, I've been calling everyone n00bs recently, no need to be offended =P)

if(this is true){
this happens;
this happens;
this happens;
make this happen;
}

There is no need for then, you just put them one after the other and then they happen in that order.

The_Amaster
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
No, he means like, if all three conditions are met in that order, then the fourth result happens...I think.

Joe123
05-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Put more ifs then :eyebrow:

ScaryBinary
05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
....like....

if (condition-A) {
if (condition-B) {
if (condition-C) {
// ...only gets executed if A, B, and C are true.
}

// ....gets executed if A and B are true,
// whether or not C is true.
}

// ...gets executed if A is true, whether
// or not B and/or C are true.
}

Or if you're only going to do something if all three are true, then use the logical AND (http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Logical_operators#Logical_AND) in one if statement:

if(condition-A && condition-B && condition-C) {
//...only gets executed if A, B, and C are true.
}

If you really do need the conditions to become true in a particular order, then there is some additional work involved...even in the first example, the order in which the conditions become true is not important (though if Condition-C became true first, for example, nothing would happen until Condition-A and Condition-B also became true). I'll see if I can dream up anything that would work.....

Master Maniac
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
yes i meant what amaster said. and if()'s work fine too, but for what im using them for, i have a lot of else()'s and it would be so much easier to say something like if this then this then this in this order, and if not in that order or something completely different then quit.

wow... that was a horrible explanation... so ill sum it up. basically i was being a lazy-ass. XD