PDA

View Full Version : dreams

ZTC
05-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Aside from having a couple of sex-related dreams as of late(in walmart, no less lol). I had an unusual one last night. I was waking around a hopsital talking on my phone. The only person that I remember talking to in it was phattonez about life and such. Now I actually want to talk to him irl lol. Sure, it wasn't anything spectaculiar, but it was different from my flying dreams(or sex lol). Anyone else have any interesting/odd/unusual dreams lately?

Russ
05-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Here's one of my strange dreams: Me and my mom were driving on the highway, being directed by our talking navigation system. There was an overpass ahead. The navigator, in it's annoying female voice, said "Dementors on overpass ahead". Sure enough, they were there, staring at us. This happened a few times, with various creatures (wizzrobes, gorriallas, Spongebob, etc.), until about the end. There was an erie drumbeat, and some creatures, not particularly scary (I couldn't even see their faces), but somehow, they left me with a feeling of pure terror strong enough to wake me up sweating. They were creapy. Well, that's the weirdest dream I've had in a while.

Zaphod Q. IX
05-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Aside from having a couple of sex-related dreams as of late(in walmart, no less lol). I had an unusual one last night. I was waking around a hopsital talking on my phone. The only person that I remember talking to in it was phattonez about life and such. Now I actually want to talk to him irl lol. Sure, it wasn't anything spectaculiar, but it was different from my flying dreams(or sex lol). Anyone else have any interesting/odd/unusual dreams lately?
I had a dream once where I was a language arts teacher at a middle school. I woke up screaming.

Russ
05-18-2008, 11:43 PM
I had a dream once where I was a language arts teacher at a middle school. I woke up screaming.
And you have a right to; I certainly don't blame you.

Yoshiman
05-18-2008, 11:46 PM
This isn't a recent one, but it's definitely one of the strangest I've had:

So, in my dream, I walking down a sidewalk. You know, just minding my own business, until a pimped-out convertible drives up next to me. I turn and look, and sitting inside are Ronald McDonald, Grimace, and The Hamburglar. Ronald is decked out in a leather jacket and fingerless gloves, sporting slicked-back red hair. He got out of the car and mugged me. Then he drove off laughing. :<

I also flew around on a pumpkin before.

rock_nog
05-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Man, craziest dream I ever had. Alright, so I was in a bar, when all of the sudden, a guy in a trench coat came up to me and shot me. Everything went black. Suddenly, I was in the bar again. I recognized the guy in the trench coat, and I realized he was going to shoot me. I tried to run, but it was too late. Everything went black again. This time, I dodged and ran for the door. Unfortunately, he still got me. The next time, I realized I had a better chance if I went the other way, toward the back stairs. I dodged, ran to the stairs, went up, and then climbed out of a window. I climbed down to the ground, and started running down the road. That's when the dream ended.

Lilith
05-19-2008, 09:55 AM
---

rock_nog
05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Ulysses S. Grant kept interrupting the orgy
I am 100% positive that in the entire history of the English language, that phrase has never been uttered before.

Russ
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Man, craziest dream I ever had. Alright, so I was in a bar, when all of the sudden, a guy in a trench coat came up to me and shot me. Everything went black. Suddenly, I was in the bar again. I recognized the guy in the trench coat, and I realized he was going to shoot me. I tried to run, but it was too late. Everything went black again. This time, I dodged and ran for the door. Unfortunately, he still got me. The next time, I realized I had a better chance if I went the other way, toward the back stairs. I dodged, ran to the stairs, went up, and then climbed out of a window. I climbed down to the ground, and started running down the road. That's when the dream ended.
Be lucky the dream ended there. If it didn't, there would definitely be more shooters along the road.

Cloral
05-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Ha, here's a topic I can excel at. I've had lots of weird dreams. Here's a partial list:

I went down Las Posas road towards Pt. Mugu to watch a missile launch. The missile was huge, it reached all the way up as far as I could see without looking upwards (so probably a few miles tall). When fired, something went wrong and it came back down and started bouncing around in a cartoon-like fashion (like it was made of rubber or something).
The portugese were like native americans and were protesting that my apartment was on their sacred ground and they wanted it back.
I was at a driving range with my dad. When we finished, we came back out through the clubhouse. My dad decided to take out a golf ball and putt it through the clubhouse. Someone came to tell him to stop, I just kept walking because I had also told him to stop. At the far end of the clubhouse, we met back up at which point I heard the employee say, "I'm sorry about that sir, please continue." Somehow my father had convinced them that he should be able to putt through the clubhouse and that they were wrong for trying to stop him.
I went to a Dunkin Donuts restaurant. It was a sit-down restaurant, like a Denny's or something. We sat down at a booth and looked at the menu. It had three items: Regular donuts. You know you want 'em! Classic donuts. Our miniature powdered donuts. A true classic! Caramel donut surprise. Mini powdered donuts, caramel, and whipped topping, mixed together in a large clear plastic bowl.
The next line in the description of the caramel donut surprise was the weirdest part of the dream, I will never forget it. It said, "Great with cake when skiing!" At this point I imagined myself on a ski slope with cake and this dish. At that point I knew I was dreaming because things were way too messed up.
I drempt that myself and an old friend of mine went to the house of this girl I knew from high school to invite her to come do something with us. I hadn't seen her in seven years, yet in the dream my subconscious had done a very good job of aging her to how she probably looks today. Somewhere along the line my friend got the idea that he was kinda getting in the way and disappeared. There were various details that were wrong, like that she was living with her father even though she had always lived with her mother after their divorce. Somehow I realized these things during the dream and asked her about these things, to which she actually gave reasonable responses. This was the dream that really bothered me last week. I guess I miss her more than I'd like to think.

The_Amaster
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm playing Brawl, as Sonic vs. Snake. Only I'm living it, like I am Sonic, and it's like Halo type full 3-D deathmatch in a warehouse type arena and such.
And then suddenly Megaman busts in and yells "So, won't invite me to your party, eh? Well I'll show you. I'll show you all!"

Just then the walls kinda fall away, and suddenly I'm rapping in that first dojo stage from Parappa, and then suddenly it's DDR instead of rapping, and because I suck at DDR I fail pretty fast, and the floor falls out from under me, and I fall down into what looks like that Senate Chamber from Star Wars, only infinitely long, and then I wake up.

Yeah, it was weird.

Brasel
05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
You have been playing far too many video games little one.

PLAY WITH YOUR PENIS INSTEAD!!!

I can fly in almost every dream I have. Its like I know exactly how to do it in every dream and its really odd. Um...yeah, sorry, nothing too unusual lately. I've been sleeping pretty deeply.

PENIS PENIS PENIS!!!!

Russ
05-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I can fly in almost every dream I have. Its like I know exactly how to do it in every dream and its really odd. Um...yeah, sorry, nothing too unusual lately. I've been sleeping pretty deeply.

Dang it, no matter how hard I try in my dreams, I can't fly. You're lucky in that aspect.

moocow
05-20-2008, 12:32 AM
The only dreams I ever remember are about sex. They're very vivid and I wake up wondering if I snuck and out and humped whoever I dreamt about.

Brasel
05-20-2008, 12:37 AM
I was wondering who that was last night.

Russ
05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
The only dreams I ever remember are about sex. They're very vivid and I wake up wondering if I snuck and out and humped whoever I dreamt about.

I was wondering who that was last night.
Save that kind of talk for the mature forums please. There are people here (myself included) who don't want to here about it.

Brasel
05-20-2008, 01:16 AM
This coming from a person with Link drowning in a pool of his own vomit from being too intoxicated. I'd say its about the same level of naughtiness.

Oh, and Penis.

rock_nog
05-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Reminds me of TV censorship - you can show hundreds and hundreds of murders, but God help you if you show a nipple.

Anyway, last night I dreamed I was in Ocarina of Time. Only it was the future, and there were these high-tech bases instead of temples, and there was this woman following me around with a PDA instead of Navi. And I don't think the Triforce was involved or anything. But I did have a sword, which was weird with all the high-tech stuff.

We were running through this base, solving puzzles and whatnot, and trying to track down this evil woman. When we got to the boss room, we caught her, but she released a giant fish on us and escaped. The fish itself, though, was kinda lame. It was in a fish tank, and couldn't get out of the tank, so all you had to do was not get too close to the tank. I defeated it by repeatedly throwing a baseball at its eyes, after which it turned to stone. When the dream ended, we were tracking the evil woman down to another base, this one built inside of a mountain.

Russ
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
The funny thing about that is, that's basically the formula Zeldagames follow now, just without future technology. That fish is even one of the bosses.

This coming from a person with Link drowning in a pool of his own vomit from being too intoxicated. I'd say its about the same level of naughtiness.

Well, it used to be him just slashing. I'm using this as a placeholder until I can find a good one.

bigjoe
05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I had a strange Zelda-esque dream too, only mine was more like LTTP. The castles were similar to Zelda and in my mind it was probably a Zelda game itself. But the enemies were completely unusual. One of them was a blue squid thing that darted back and forth angrily and in great numbers. There were these things that were sorta like Hyrule Guards but actually fought with you rather than just charging.

There were some strange places too. The one I particularly remember was a small area with a bunch of rundown and destroyed buildings. The area strangely resembled one from a certain online game I used to play. I talked to an old man there who said something like "These were once great lands where people would frolick, play, and make conversation. Alas, the nobles forced unwarranted taxes upon them, and they all left."

That may be over-articulating what the guy said, but that was the general message. Dreams are freaky.

rock_nog
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Heh, the rundown area sounds like you ran into Simcity. Damn Sims, they can never make up their minds. First they whine and cry about the taxes, but when you lower the taxes, the roads all fall apart and you can't build anything and then there's rioting because of lack of police funding and then a fire gets started and everybody dies.

Aegix Drakan
05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
:P this is reminding me that I need to get back to attempting lucid dreaming.

And I can only fly on very rare occaisions. Usually, the second I go lucid and think of flying, a ranodm guy in the dream will say "you can't fly!" which momentarily makes me think I can't, and this makes it downright impossible to get any air at all. :( the best I could do in that state was this really lame slow-mo airdash across an intersection.

Most of my dreams are just totally random stuff that I forget easily. But...I have been having this recurring theme in my dreams. I pick up my DS, and notice another Giant hinge crack. And then when I next open my DS, I freak out for a sec...and then realize that there IS no hinge crack.

>: ( I hate that.

bigjoe
05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
The moment I realize that Im dreaming I get excited and wake up before I can attempt to bend the dream world to my will. Sucks.

Beta Link
05-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Anyway, last night I dreamed I was in Ocarina of Time. Only it was the future, and there were these high-tech bases instead of temples, and there was this woman following me around with a PDA instead of Navi. And I don't think the Triforce was involved or anything. But I did have a sword, which was weird with all the high-tech stuff.

We were running through this base, solving puzzles and whatnot, and trying to track down this evil woman. When we got to the boss room, we caught her, but she released a giant fish on us and escaped. The fish itself, though, was kinda lame. It was in a fish tank, and couldn't get out of the tank, so all you had to do was not get too close to the tank. I defeated it by repeatedly throwing a baseball at its eyes, after which it turned to stone. When the dream ended, we were tracking the evil woman down to another base, this one built inside of a mountain.

lyk 0mgz u can cee teh futur lol wut. how did u no that wud be teh nxt zelda game??????

Kinda reminds me of one dream I had a few years ago. I dreamt I got a Nintendo Revolution (yes, this was before they named the Wii) in the mail. Why I got it in the mail, I have no idea. It looked like a huge NES on crack. It came with a bunch of different games, including a Zelda game. There was nothing special about the game, it was just some random dungeons using the original graphics. But then there was the artwork for the game. I looked at the artwork for Link, and he looked kind of weird. About a year later (after the dream), I got TP and started playing it. The weird Link from my dream looked exactly like Colin! I'm pretty sure I had the dream before Nintendo revealed any TP screenshots with Colin in them. Weird, eh?

(Seriously though, rock_nog, that dream of yours sounds kinda like what I'd expect a "futuristic" Zelda game to be like... Minus all the crap of course, like the fish. :tongue:)

mrz84
05-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I've had some weird dreams and some sweet dreams. One of the weirder ones I had was in the town I used to live in (Excelsior Springs) and I'd just woken up insed the dream to my neighbor entering my room and was a zombie. Aparentlly I had played too much Resident Evil 3 and 4 and was having the events from Racoon City occur. Having knowledge of the fate of said RE city, DO and I armed ourselves with what weapons we had in our apartment (DO has a sweet samurai sword in real life that he used in the dream whilst I found a shotgun that my neighbor had in his apartment for some reason with plenty of ammo. I used a sword my dad gave me long ago he called the Bone Collector) then we go off to the local Wal-Mart killing zombies all the way. When we got there we found the employees and some civilians holded up in the electronics department for some reason. We then told them of what was to come and those who believed us were willing to drive to safety. Then as we were leaving, the city was nuked. Why we didn't die in the shockwave was beyond me, but meh. Its a crazy dream I have every other month.

Another dream I had that was weird came to me after playing 3 days straight of Ogre Battle with only 3 hours of sleep. Ogre Battle characters appeared in my school and began to kill people senselessly. It was very odd. :odd:

I have odd dreams. :sweat:

Aegix Drakan
05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
mrz84...0_o I have the oddest feeling I've seen exaclty the same dream posted on the Gamefaqs sleep and dreams board a while back. you don't post there do you?

:P and I had some really weird dreams last night. first, I dreamt that I was working at this random store, and that my externship report (due tuesday) was due that afternoon, and I hadn't even started. Plus, I apparently had to work that day too. For some reason I was taking a shower in an office at osme point...and then I woke up panicked.

My next dream was more fun. something about this nasty king who lived in a skyscraper, and was causing harm. I was leading a team of people to take him down, and we were all hiding in front of the scyscraper while they fired some weird type of non-lethal ammo at us. I tried to climb up the wall (0_0) and wasn't able to since for osmereason we were no longer outside. It's like...the front of the sidescraper had this large building around it. Then, they started firing LIVE ammo at us. worried about the other members of my team, I somehow used this ability thah allowed me to almost fly, and I jumped up, flew through a random window, ran through this door that Knuclkes (form sonic) broke open...and...the rest is just so random it's not worht mentioning, culminating in the king surrendering, and me offeirng him a freshly BBQ'd hamburger. 0_o

rock_nog
05-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Man, I had a ton of crazy dreams last night, including one that was just hella freaky. I was hanging out with some people, when the sky started getting stormy. There weren't even any storm clouds, though. Just a bunch of little cumulus clouds, but they were all shooting out these massive bursts of lightning. Then it suddenly got dark, and the people I was with decided it was time to leave.

They booked it, and I was about to do the same, when suddenly I heard this horrible roaring sound. I figured it must be a tornado, so I tried to find shelter. I was going for this house when the tornado struck the house, completely demolishing it. After it passed, I dove into what used to be the basement, which now had a foot of water in it, and hid under a table, finding things to put on top of me to protect me from debris.

Soon, though, there was an odd pattern to the lightning - there were a bunch of rapid bursts, then it stopped. Then, this giant wave came up out of a nearby lake and completely submerged the basement. I got out of there, and found another ruined foundation to take shelter in. This time, there were other people there, too. Unfortunately, this foundation was closer to the lake. I covered myself up again, and the lightning did its weird pattern - this time, another tornado formed, and it went right over us. I clung to a nearby tree trunk, until the tornado ripped it out of the ground, taking several other people with it. Then the lightning pattern happened again, and another wave came up. I got out of the foundation and ran, but a bunch of people were swept up into the lake. It was just horrifying, and every time I thought the storm was gonna die down, the lightning did its weird pattern and something else horrible happened.

Banon
05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
The strangest dream I've ever had is one where all I saw was black, because it was too bright to open my eyes. I walked around, as a man guided me around. He would shout warnings of the most random hazards like "There's a flying cow! RUN!" or, "Look out for that pineapple!" Eventually, we started walking up a hill (I could tell from the angle of the ground). Once we got to the top, the man said, "We're here..." I struggled to open my eyes, but once I did, I found myself in my house, in my room, and in my bed. (I woke up) :eek:

Aegix Drakan
05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
rock nog...that dream sounds pretty darn scary... :( freaky even..

And Banon, I've had that happen too. I have my eyes closed in a dream, and I want to pen them, yet I know that if I open them I'll wake up. :( having a moment of lucidiy, but being blind is kinda boring...

Russ
05-26-2008, 10:40 PM
And Banon, I've had that happen too. I have my eyes closed in a dream, and I want to pen them, yet I know that if I open them I'll wake up. :( having a moment of lucidiy, but being blind is kinda boring...
Happens to me too. So I just keep them closed and go with the flow of the dream.

mrz84
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
rock_nog - That's not only freaky, but kinda scary.

Aegix - I've never done anything at Gamefaqs, but look up info directly related to video games, so to answer your question, no I don't post there. That is odd, but then again there's always a chance somebody could have the same dream as somebody else does. At least that's what I think.

Another weird dream I had last year after playing Soul Calibur 3 was I was fighting Misturugi on the roof of my house during a thunder storm as one of my custom characters. I don't recall who won though.

Sam Atoms
06-02-2008, 11:15 PM
It was awhile without me having any memorable dreams, but at last, around they go.

Yeah, so last night I dreamed that I had Ebola. It was pretty graphic, including me having to vomit. Eww. I was certain that in very short order I was going to die. Yikes.

Later on last night (this morning?) I dreamed that I had to rescue some princess in a real-world, life-size Zelda quest. The overworld looked very much like a large city park. Wow. I've had this kind of dream often before, but not for a long time until now.

Russ
06-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Last night, I had a relitively undesirable dream. I dreamt that I was hospitalized with a disease, which was very hard to cure. Once it maid itself known, you had 24 hours. If the medicine didn't work by then, you died. What's worse, it slowly manifested in body parts, requiring them to be amputated. After ten hours, the doctor (who happened to be one of my moms friends) had to amputate both of my legs. They were able to cure me right before the required amputation of my arms. Then, I was at a train station with my family, walking with crutches and robotic legs, of which only one was able to support me, hence the crutches. However, the disease wasn't giving up. At random times, an evil wind would blow, and somebody at the station would suddenly die, I was terrified, thinking I would be next. I hid in a small room, only to find that the desease had mutated one of the personal members (basically like a dark seeker from the movie I Am Legend). I was terrified, and ran out. The the whole train platform split off, and I woke up sweating. I hate dreams like that, because they are not really scary, but install this feeling of hopelessness in you.

mrz84
06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Had another wierd, but funny dream two nights ago after getting home from work at 3am. I dreamt my younger brother who lives in st,joe telling me he was dying from 'hair cancer' and as soon as I questioned the fact he was dying from something that sounds so ridiculous, I woke up. :kitty:

Russ
06-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Hair cancer? Wow, that sounds funny! :laughing:

ZTC
07-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Had a gaming-related one last night. I was playing a game where I could select various areas on a general map and then fight through the area in real-time. Once I cleared a few areas a new section opened up. It had a mid-evil rpg feel to it and it looked like something from the SNES (or for the PC from the mid-90s). The thing is, it was like I was watching the gameplay and controlling it with my mind and I was enjoying it quite a bit. Are there any games like that? (aside from the mind control, lol)

mrz84
07-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Ogre Battle perhaps? That game doesn't require a lot of imput to win battles. You just need to set up units and their destinations and watch as they move and fight as they go. :kitty: