PDA

View Full Version : SFX sharing

TwilightKnight
05-18-2008, 02:01 PM
This is more of a suggestion than bug, but:
Some SFXs, like rupee counting and subscreen selecting, use the same SFX.
I guess it should be fixed, because the certain sharing SFX's won't fit each other when changed into another SFX.

_L_
05-19-2008, 03:22 AM
The existence of custom sound effects means that we can't add any more hard-coded sound effects unless, like, we make "Subscreen Cursor Sound" an available option in the Init Data Constants or something.

Pteryx
05-19-2008, 11:36 AM
unless, like, we make "Subscreen Cursor Sound" an available option in the Init Data Constants or something.

I gather this sort of thing is what he was suggesting. -- Pteryx

TwilightKnight
05-20-2008, 09:50 AM
I mean there should be an apart sound, for every thing the sound triggers..., no I don't mean that every bush you slash needs hardcoded SFX, you know what I mean please don't be sarcastic, I'm only trying to find bugs and if I get rude answers I'm not posting them anymore.
So my suggestion is, some SFX's shouldn't share, while being the same sound. Is there anywhere to change the subscreen SFX SOUND NUMBER, no!
Gosh, this irritating. I'm just trying to speed up 2.5 you know.

Nicholas Steel
05-20-2008, 10:23 AM
So in short, all hard coded sound FX should not be used for multiple things? right?

Pteryx
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
So in short, all hard coded sound FX should not be used for multiple things? right?

No, I think what he means is that it should be possible to set sound effects seperately even if by default they share a hard-coded sound effect. -- Pteryx

Nicholas Steel
05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Ah, ok then :)

_L_
06-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Gosh, this irritating. I'm just trying to speed up 2.5 you know.

Pardon me, but what you're suggesting isn't a bug per se - just a personal inconvenience. Not that it won't be fixed, but its priority is quite low.

Umm, have you tried editing all 6 of the rupee items in your quest so that they use a different sound effect? You do know that's possible, right?