PDA

View Full Version : Stack over or underflow: script 80

Gleeok
05-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Needless to say script 80, the script that controls all of stage 1b, is quite large. I got about 10 MB of this error in the log file. So...Is this possibly a bug, to much redundancy, unneeded variables, calling to functions too frequently? How can I fix this? I'm basically this one little setback away from a demo, and I'd sure love to get it out in a day or two.

Is there maybe a formula that we can use to guesstimate the amount of data we can use in a singular script, or perhaps a little trick for cleaning up space? I could use any suggestions you have. If you're wondering, script 80 is 75kb and 1,092 lines in length. There's not really any nested else statements though, it's pretty much just a mass of raw data.

C-Dawg
05-18-2008, 05:19 PM
You sure there's no nested if/thens or anything? I got memory errors when I had too many nested statements, but it went away when I made everything higher level.

Gleeok
05-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Nope. It compiles fine, but then it freezes at runtime. Spewing out endless errors into the log file.

C-Dawg
05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Are you doing things like declaring new integers in your while loop? In other words,

int counter = 0;

instead of

counter = 0; ?

Or you could post the code and we can see

beefster09
05-19-2008, 07:27 PM
uhh. I don't think you can put that much text into one post... 75kb?? O_O