PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Mario Bros. Game and about SMB

MotleyCrueFan
05-17-2008, 01:43 PM
My most favorite Super Mario Bros. is Super Mario Bros. 2 for Nintendo Entertainment System.

What do I like about SMB 2 for NES: Stars, COOL Music, COOL PAUSE BOSS MUSIC!!!!!!! etc.

Russ
05-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Hm, this is tough. Super Mario World is one of my favorites (I've maxed out everything on it), and Super Mario Galaxy is also wonderful (have all 242 stars on it). I'd say it's a tie between those two.

vegeta1215
05-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Playing Super Mario Bros Deluxe on the GBC made me appreciate the original so much more than I ever had before. Same for SMB 2 after playing Super Mario Advance. But SMB 3 is soooo great, as are both Super Mario Worlds...

Man, it's tough to pick just one...

Petoe
05-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Super Mario Bros. 3 is not only the best Mario game for me, it is the best game ever in my opinion.

SMB 3 for the win! :)
But honestly, every Mario game is great, the 2D ones and the 3D ones. What a series!

MottZilla
05-17-2008, 03:27 PM
I would have to say the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros 3 is the best Mario game ever definitely. Super Mario World would probably be my next pick. But Super Mario 3 was definitely the top. Also I'd like to mention Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is a nice game and often ignored or forgotten about. It's a shame because it was a very nice looking and nice playing game. Super FX put to good use.

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Hmmm, 2-D, a tie between World and 3.
3-D is Galaxy, no question.

Nicholas Steel
05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
uh the pause boss music in Mario BROS. 2 is just the normal music but muffled and lower in volume o_O

I would have to say Lost Levels. No mario game is as hard as it and is just as good as the original Mario BROS. in gameplay.

ZTC
05-18-2008, 11:44 AM
In this order:
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World (first Mario game I got)
Super Mario World 2

And as for hacks:
Super Demo World: The Legend Contiunes (challenging and fun)
Luigi's Adventure (SMW, tough as nails)
AIR (I just enjoy watching the speedrun for this SMB hack)

Brasel
05-18-2008, 12:00 PM
My favorite SMB is the first Super Mario Bros. Followed closely by Super Mario Bros. 3. I think I play the first one more than I play any other game ever.

Oh, and who let you back out of your cage, Zelda Classic?

Dechipher
05-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Super Mario RPG, for sho.

Followed by Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Matthew Bluefox
05-18-2008, 01:46 PM
My favorite is Super Mario Bros. 3, followed by Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart 64.

Din
05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow, this is hard. I remember playing SMB 1,2, and 3 on the original NES a long time ago with my aunt, good times. I'd have to say Super Mario Brothers 3. I just love beating Bowser in that.

Russ
05-18-2008, 02:15 PM
That Bowser fight was too simple. All Bowser fights are too simple for that matter. The only good ones were in Mario World and Mario Galaxy.

Aliem
05-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Nothing beats Super Mario Bros 3. Super Mario Word, and Super Mario 64 are up there, too.

DarkFlameWolf
05-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Super Mario Bros 3 in All-Stars and Mario Galaxy

Revfan9
05-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Why are the mods even allowing a topic like this? "What's your favorite ____?" never amounts to anything but increased post counts.

Oh, and the first SMB, since it has the most glitches and physics exploits to mess around with.

rock_nog
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it's more that the concept that some people actually like things is just too much for you to handle.

Mario 3, all the way. Not only is the most kick-ass Mario game ever, not only is it the most kick-ass any game ever, but I worked my ass off for weeks to get the $60 or whatever it cost to buy it back when I was a kid. Damn, if they would just make a sequel to Mario 3 - same everything but more levels, worlds, enemies, powerups, etc., I would die of happiness.

Russ
05-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Mario 3, all the way. Not only is the most kick-ass Mario game ever, not only is it the most kick-ass any game ever, but I worked my ass off for weeks to get the $60 or whatever it cost to buy it back when I was a kid. Damn, if they would just make a sequel to Mario 3 - same everything but more levels, worlds, enemies, powerups, etc., I would die of happiness.
There is a hack of it lik that, called Mario's Adventure, or something like that.

Revfan9
05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I think it's more that the concept that some people actually like things is just too much for you to handle.

ROM patches. They win. There are at least a thousand fan-made hacks of Mario 3 exactly like what you described.

ZTC
05-18-2008, 05:06 PM
From what I saw of the speedrun, the Mario's Adventure SMB3 hack looks like fun.

Dechipher
05-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Why are the mods even allowing a topic like this? "What's your favorite ____?" never amounts to anything but increased post counts.

Oh, and the first SMB, since it has the most glitches and physics exploits to mess around with.

Are you kidding? I doubt anyone in here (aside from you) is thinking about post count.

Dragon
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I would say Super Mario 3 for 2d, and Galaxy for 3d... but all the Mario games are winners in my book, even the fake one (Doki Doki Panic).

For SMB3 fans, might I suggest the GBA version, it has all the glamour of the allstars version, plus fantasic extra levels if you are willing to put up with the hassle of the E-card reader. The new levels are pretty tough, and you can even import new items and skills into the main game like SMB2s picking up plants and the cape from SMW... all in all 2d mario at its best. Also the New Super Mario Bros for DS is a very good 2d game as well, even if you can't fly in it.

vegeta1215
05-19-2008, 08:34 PM
For SMB3 fans, might I suggest the GBA version, it has all the glamour of the allstars version, plus fantasic extra levels if you are willing to put up with the hassle of the E-card reader. The new levels are pretty tough, and you can even import new items and skills into the main game like SMB2s picking up plants and the cape from SMW... all in all 2d mario at its best. Also the New Super Mario Bros for DS is a very good 2d game as well, even if you can't fly in it.

I considered getting SMB3 for the GBA for the E-reader levels, but I decided to pass. I thought the expandability the E-reader offered was a cool idea, but it just seemed cumbersome to have to slowly scan several cards...

I borrowed New Super Mario Bros from a friend of mine, but I didn't think it was very fun, and quickly returned it to him :uhoh:

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I dunno... it's a toss-up between SMB3 and SMW. SMB3 is more challenging, and the level design is spot-on, but on the other hand, SMW has so many fun secrets and alternate routes. I don't think I could ever really decide between the two of them.

The_Amaster
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Heh, I still remember the commercial for SMW

A bit more secrets
A bit more enemies
A bit harder
A bit faster
A bit more Mario!
16 bit! Super Nintendo!

Russ
05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Mario World has a big spot in my heart. It was the the fist video game I ever had, and I've explored every single inch of that game.

Nicholas Steel
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Why SMB 3? it's so easy :P same with the original. the only 2d game to offer a real challenege is the lost levels.

Russ
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Why SMB 3? it's so easy :P same with the original. the only 2d game to offer a real challenege is the lost levels.
Lost Levels is impossible. So is the original. The other ones are at a good difficulty though.

ZTC
05-20-2008, 12:47 AM
also an interesting challenge is Super Mario World for the NES. (it's somewhere on the internet...) Too bad it was pretty short. (only 4 major areas with 4 bossed) :shrug:

Russ
05-20-2008, 01:53 AM
also an interesting challenge is Super Mario World for the NES. (it's somewhere on the internet...) Too bad it was pretty short. (only 4 major areas with 4 bossed) :shrug:
I am defenitely going to play that next.

mrz84
05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
My favorite Mario game would have to be a tie between the orignial(my first game I ever owned) and Mario RPG(funniest mario game EVER!) :kitty:

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Lost Levels is impossible. So is the original. The other ones are at a good difficulty though.

Lost Levels is certainly a very challenging game, but the original? I'd hardly call the original impossible. There's a few tricky bits world 8, and the maze in 7-4 is a bit of a bugger, but other than that it's pretty easy.

vegeta1215
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I beat The Lost Levels on Super Mario Deluxe, but I don't think that's comparable to the NES version cause you can save your game, there's no wind, some jumps are shorter, etc... though I did beat it without going down any pipe, hoping to make it to World 9. (and for fear of landing in a backwards warp zone) Sadly, World 9 and Worlds A-D are not present in The Lost Levels in Super Mario Deluxe.

Dogchew9
05-24-2008, 11:37 PM
My most favorite Super Mario Bros. is Super Mario Bros. 2 for Nintendo Entertainment System.

What do I like about SMB 2 for NES: Stars, COOL Music, COOL PAUSE BOSS MUSIC!!!!!!! etc.

Well... ehh... did you know that the Mario 2 we got wasn't even a mario game? It was some Japanese game with replaced sprites. What we got as The Lost Levels on the Mario all-stars cart on SNES was the real Mario 2.

Nicholas Steel
05-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Anyways, I only had trouble on 3 or 4 levels in the lost levels and was mostly just frustrated, i gave it to my bro he beat them for me... however i did use a warp so i never got to world 9 and i cant be stuffed going through it all again :P

yes i own it on the SNES so i get to save on a per level basis.

Banon
05-25-2008, 11:09 AM
1. Super Mario RPG (I guess I'm a sucker for RPGs :( )
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (flying raccoon for the win)
3. Super Mario Galaxy (gotta love Matter Splatter Galaxy :) )