PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Forrest, I Just Had Lunch With Misty

Modus Ponens
05-16-2008, 06:49 PM
When I was in third grade I had a crush on a girl named Misty. This lasted until about eighth grade or so; by tenth grade I never saw her anymore because she went to a different school. Once in a while I'd bump into her and it was fun, because she's always been so damn nice to me.

Well, I got in touch with her on MySpace a while ago, and I just now got back from having lunch with her-- just me, her and her 13-month-old son, Connor. I was so nervous to see her that all I could order was toast and coffee, but it was quite pleasant, and her little kid was fun.

You know how they say that when an alcoholic stops drinking, even for years at a time, if he starts again he's immediately just as bad as he ever was? I wondered if it might be like that with Misty, and I was almost right, but I found myself very much able to communicate with her as if she were a fellow human of my age, rather than the 14-year-old kid I last remembered her as. We talked about getting together again sometime this weekend; I'm looking forward to it, but I hope that her son doesn't have to come.

Archibaldo
05-16-2008, 06:51 PM
MySpace is for emo kids.

I've never experienced said emotional attachment after being away from some girl for a while. If anything, you should feel less attached because of the time gap.

Modus Ponens
05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Well, I was less attached. I tried to convey that fact in my post.

Dechipher
05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I was wondering what Beldaran had to with this, then the Forrest Gump reference occurred to me.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I was wondering what Beldaran had to with this, then the Forrest Gump reference occurred to me.

It's not a Forrest Gump reference. I knew Misty too. I asked her out in 8th grade. I was so in love with her I thought I'd shit my fucking pants every time I saw her.

She was the most beautiful girl in our school.

EDIT: I found her page.

Glitch
05-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Least you know she puts out,

ZING

rock_nog
05-16-2008, 10:04 PM
What are you, Beldaran, a hippo? Apparently, male hippos shit all over the place when attempting to attract a mate.