PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, annoying policy

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 12:26 AM
You know what annoys the fucking shit out of me? When this happens:

http://www.forrestkyle.com/annoy.jpg.

Do we really need this stupid "feature"?

Starkist
05-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Strange. Never happens to me.

:)

phattonez
05-16-2008, 12:49 AM
I think you've been posting too much.

And it's not really stupid, imagine how open this forum would be to spam if that protection wasn't there.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 01:39 AM
It's not my fault you guys type and think very slowly. I'm fast and amazing, and this feature hinders my genius. It's horrible.

Breaker
05-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Waiting 60 seconds is really not that big of a deal.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 03:13 AM
It's not a big deal. It's just stupid and unnecessary.

Drawing a smiley face on your dick with a marker is also not a big deal. It's also stupid and unnecessary.

Breaker
05-16-2008, 03:16 AM
I believe it's to stop spam bots from hitting the forums with abunch of advertisements, which you don't see any of because we've gotten pretty good at moving them to the hidden trash forum pretty quickly after they're posted.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Can't we just setup a system where, if a spambot makes a post, the guy who programmed the spambot has his testicles explode?

Nicholas Steel
05-16-2008, 04:46 AM
So, your pissed off at a feature then make a wildly stupid unfeasible solution to replace the feature.

erm2003
05-16-2008, 05:19 AM
Can't we just setup a system where, if a spambot makes a post, the guy who programmed the spambot has his testicles explode?

I am 100% in favor of this new policy. Let's start enforcing it now! :tongue:

But seriously, it would suck without the 60 lapse if a bot gets in here, floods the place with posts and makes the forum crash in the process because it can't handle the volume of crap. Not fun.

rock_nog
05-16-2008, 06:46 AM
That would be a silly thing for a spambot to do - then nobody could actually see the spam. Then again, it's silly when bacteria multiply to the point where they kill their human host, too.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM
It would be a lot less annoying if it was 40 seconds. The reason I break the barrier so often is because a) I type fast and b) I usually have 10 or so tabs open with all the threads I'm following, and I reply to them one after another in quick succession. There's no "browsing" between posts. First I setup all the posts I'm interested in.

40 seconds would be better.

Nicholas Steel
05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
make it -60 seconds so that we are always posting and it is a 60 second break for stopping posting!

Dechipher
05-16-2008, 12:33 PM
It would be a lot less annoying if it was 40 seconds. The reason I break the barrier so often is because a) I type fast and b) I usually have 10 or so tabs open with all the threads I'm following, and I reply to them one after another in quick succession. There's no "browsing" between posts. First I setup all the posts I'm interested in.

40 seconds would be better.

That makes you somewhat pathetic.

:P

Maybe you could try posting like a normal person. Because we are all normal people.

Grasshopper
05-16-2008, 02:52 PM

What if its a woman? I don't want discrimination.

Russ
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I think it should just be thirty seconds. I think it was originally made because if you accidentally clicked on the post button twice, it would post you message twice. With this sytem, it will prevent the accidental double posting from happening.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
That makes you somewhat pathetic.

:P

Maybe you could try posting like a normal person. Because we are all normal people.

Being more efficient does not make me pathetic. I don't feel the need to water down my massive intelligence so you will think I'm normal.

DarkDragoonX
05-16-2008, 04:24 PM
What if its a woman? I don't want discrimination.

Their fallopian tube is forcibly removed by Roto-Rooter.

Russ
05-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Being more efficient does not make me pathetic. I don't feel the need to water down my massive intelligence so you will think I'm normal.
You know, for once in my life, I agree with you. It does get annoying seeing that "please wait x seconds" message when I'm trying to post.

Archibaldo
05-16-2008, 06:48 PM

HA!

Efficiency is not needed on a casual level. Unless you're getting paid per post. If so, I want in.

AtmaWeapon
05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
I move that if this thread hits 100 replies we should lengthen the period to 120 seconds for twice the annoying factor.

ZTC
05-16-2008, 08:02 PM
lol
I'm just glad to be able to post again. When I'm speed posting between 3-4 forums w/firefox, it can be bothersome sometimes to wait 'x' seconds; but I deal with and wait :shrug:

Russ
05-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I move that if this thread hits 100 replies we should lengthen the period to 120 seconds for twice the annoying factor.
I say if your plan gets put into action, we ban you. :D

Jemsee
05-17-2008, 06:33 AM
So you get a mssg that you have to wait.
Your response is to take a screen shot, edit it, host it, post it with a
rant. So.... if you take a screen of every post and just save it for
prosperity, like saving your wisdom for future generations then
you will not have this problem will you.

Just a thought.

Jem~

AtmaWeapon
05-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Usually when I get that message I get down on my knees and pray to Jesus to let me post. Sometimes it doesn't work, so I pray again. Usually, by the third prayer, I am allowed to post.