PDA

View Full Version : Subscreen scripting during screen change

C-Dawg
05-15-2008, 12:37 PM
This is a minor point, mostly aesthetic, so not a big deal. But if there's a solution, I'd like to know about it.

I'm replacing alot of the passive subscreen with script-based items. At this point, scripting handles the life and energy meters, and a character portrait that reacts to the character's condition (getting tired with less health, reacting to injury or items). Took a little math to figure out the coordinates of the subscreen, but it works great.

The only glitch is that, when moving between screens, the global script stops acting and the subscreen goes mostly dark. Nothing fatal, but it would be nice if the subscreen kept displaying graphics during the scene change.

Any ideas?

Joe123
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
There's a quest rule, 'FFCs are visible whilst screen scrolls'.
Don't know whether it'd help or not though.

How are you putting things on the subscreen? :confused:

And are you still having trouble with spawning bombs?
Because mine seem to work fine half the time, and the other half they set they're own fuse to about 30 or something without me telling them to, and have graphics of a sword instead of an explosion.
It's just bizzare.
I think it might have something to do with item override.

I do have the bombs in my inventory.

C-Dawg
05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Re: Subscreen Scripting

It's just like anything else. The subscreen goes from (0,-55) to (250,-1). The 250 might be off - what I mean by "250" is the normal width of the screen. So if you want something on the subscreen, just put it there. I'm using draw primitives to slap tiles and draw colored rectangles at the appropriate place. It's a little tricky to figure out the coordinates, since you can't drop a blue square up there or anything, but it works fine. I don't know what layer the subscreen draws on, but draw primatives on Layer 6 seem to go above it.

Re: Bombs

Yea, my bombs work fine. But I'm going to have to give up letting the player use superbombs, I think, in order to get around the wierd behavior I've noticed.

Joe123
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Ohhh, I thought you meant you were scripting on top of the active subscreen.

Eh, I'm not using bombs or superbombs and mine still won't work =(

Also, howcomes you posted here? =S

C-Dawg
05-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Also, howcomes you posted here? =S

Er... oops. Can I get a mod?