PDA

View Full Version : Link Between Violence and Video Games

MottZilla
05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8858/mariogg7.jpg

As you can see now, Nintendo is in big trouble for sneaking by this monster that should have been rated adult only! :p

The_Amaster
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
ROTFLOL!
Nice.

On a more serious note, it's an interesting idea.
People/the media often express concern over an alleged connection between playing violent video games and being violent.
But has anyone considered that most racing games involve wild out of control driving, or looked for a link between these games and irresponsible driving?

Wise
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Are you kidding me?
That is so totally LAME!
"I only throw bananas at cars because I played Mario Kart!"
Dude needs to get a life, fo seriouse.

*edit*
I realize this is satire, and I'm just playing along.

Cloral
05-13-2008, 07:28 PM
But has anyone considered that most racing games involve wild out of control driving, or looked for a link between these games and irresponsible driving?

Actually they have, and have found that there is some correlation. If I wasn't lazy I'd go find a link or something. :)

MottZilla
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, I think they're onto something. Ever since playing Gears of War I've been wandering the neighborhood with a chainsaw/assault rifle and sawwing my neighbors in half, gunning them down to the ground so they're on their knees bleeding to death and then curb stomping their heads off. But I think that's just a coincidence. :p

I do remember a good point about the difference between a violent movie and violent games being the amount of time spent with it, and the interactivity of it. About driving and games, I don't see how you can confuse those but I guess it is possible. Probably those Gran Turismo freaks.

Masamune
05-13-2008, 10:38 PM
FYI, driving with the Mario Kart 64 soundtrack on one of the most fun things you'll ever do.

AlphaDawg
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
I always keep spare turtle shells in my car in case some asshole cuts me off in traffic. Red ones, of course...

What, you guys don't?

Right now for some reason I'm imagining someone spinning out in the Indy 500 a couple weeks from now and launching one of those spiny homing shells at the leader!

Dann Woolf
05-14-2008, 06:39 AM
People who are easily influenced by violence shouldn't be playing violent video games.

If you can't tell the difference between reality and fiction, put the goddamn controller down until you learn some common sense.

Aegix Drakan
05-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Right now for some reason I'm imagining someone spinning out in the Indy 500 a couple weeks from now and launching one of those spiny homing shells at the leader!

They did something like that in this episode of Robot Chicken that my friend showed me YEARS ago. :P I'll ask him if he can link me to it.

Banon
05-26-2008, 12:16 PM
OMG! Video games cause retards to do retarded things! Font page news!:D