PDA

View Full Version : Ugh.

Cloral
05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
My stupid-ass brain hates me.

I had a dream Saturday night that made me wake up with a dark knot in my stomach and I haven't felt good ever since. Not just because I didn't get nearly enough sleep that night; I've felt down, empty, and tense ever since. I don't know what the fuck to do to get back on track?

rock_nog
05-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Ah, I've been there. Unfortunately, I've got no real useful advice, other than maybe to try breaking your routine. Sometimes a sudden jolt can get you out of a funk. I'm actually in sort of a funk myself right now, though a different type - I've got lots of free time, and an entire city to tool around in, and yet I just can't seem to decide what to do with myself - nothing seems particularly interesting. Stupid faulty brain wiring

Prrkitty
05-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Find a good book to get engrossed in. :) That's the way I handle things when I get like that. :)

rock_nog
05-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, what about music? That sometimes works for me - pick a CD depending on my mood, and just crank it up. By the way, I didn't say before, but it's funny, your particular choice of words - saying that your brain hates you. It's just weird, because I've described my brain in exactly the same way, in exactly the same circumstances.

Masamune
05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Drink a lot of orange gatorade.

Brasel
05-13-2008, 04:02 AM
When I feel really shitty, I like to take a long drive or a long walk. Get yourself lost and find your way back. Only crappy part is price of gas these days, so hoof it or take a bike. Always feels refreshing to get out of the real world for awhile and forget about work and responsibilities without having to get shitty ass drunk to do it.

Aliem
05-13-2008, 04:08 AM
This happens to me every once in a while. It's annoying as hell. I'll have a really vivid dream, which I often can't recall when I wake up, but it just leaves me in a shitty mood with a load of anxiety. The feeling's never lasted for more than a day or so, though. I'd do what rock_nog suggested. A relaxing song or something along those lines ought to help a bit.

Aegix Drakan
05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
aaah...I've had that problem a lot. (especially if I feel a bit sick in the stomach, or I'm having an all around shitty day, AND it's raining. ...or I jsut wake up like that sometimes).

Anyway, what works for me is this:

#1: SUNSHINE. If you stay inside, in the semi-dark, it only makes you feel even MORE gloomy.
#2: Physical excersize. DO something to get your mind focused on not thinking at all, and get your body moving. This gets your mind off your gloom, and gets the blood moving, which makes you more energetic, and helps clear the "funk". DDR does wonders for that (for me, anyway).
#3: Music. Start off with music that fits your mood. Focus yourself on the music. After a Song or two, you'll have used up some of this "funk" by focusing on the song. then, slowly work up to more peppy music. That'll clear out the rest of the funk.

And I hope this helps. :P I know for a fact that being in a gloomy funk downright sucks.

Cloral
05-13-2008, 12:42 PM
I think I'm feeling a lot better now. I think getting a good night's sleep made a huge difference. Still, the fact that the dream I had affected me as much as it did worries me. I thought I was mostly over this crap, but maybe I've just been suppressing it all these years.

Thanks for indulging me on this post by the way. I know it was kinda selfish, so thanks for putting up with it.

Aegix Drakan
05-13-2008, 12:47 PM
:P Hey, dreams are pretty damn powerful sometimes. They've affected me pretty strongly as well sometimes.

And I'm sure we were all glad to help, having had to go through that kind of unpleasant feeling before. ;) no problem.

Prrkitty
05-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Cloral... ain't no "... puttin up with...". Lots of us have been there and unless you ask, when you need something, how else do ya learn new things? :) <hug>