PDA

View Full Version : Braden Update

Blisspath
05-10-2008, 11:38 PM
For those that asked to be updated, Braden is doing good. He has a small heart murmur and possibly sleep apnea. All the other labs look good and he should get to come home within the month. He is also starting to take some feedings PO instead of the dreaded tube..We can't wait to leave that place...even though the hospital food isn't bad; I look forward to the day when we get to eat at home again. It's amazing how expensive hospital stays are..one ride in an ambulance was 1,300 dollars and Braden's hospital stay could top 200k. Thankfully our share is maxed out at 1.5k. We are big believers in insurance. I have seen far too many people lose their life savings because they didn't see the need to purchase it. Even with our above average income, Braden still qualifies for Medicaid because of his low birth weight. We declined(at the shock of the hospital social worker)..my son isn't disabled only small. Pics over at my place.
http://blisspath.livejournal.com/

The_Amaster
05-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey, great to hear stuff\'s going well man. And yeah, hospitals are killer on the bills. It\'s like movie theaters and their 6 dollar tubs of 50 cents worth of popcorn.

Prrkitty
05-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I've heard and read that heart murmurs are common in preemies (I was born with one). Even to this day only if I'm really really sick (bronchitis, pneumonia) do the docs still hear it... otherwise it's not hearable.

I'm glad your li'l guy is doing so well. May he continue forward on the path of his life. :)