PDA

View Full Version : Nubcake question: missing alleg42.dll?

Aes
05-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Since it seems my original post never made it into the bugs section, (I since found my solution in this section through tedious thread skimming, since I don't seem to have search permissions) I'll (try to) briefly outline what I had going on:

Originally, the ZC game & editor 2.10 worked fine for me, everything is great aside from general bugginess. Wonderful. One day, both components refuse to work--edges of the screen flicker like something is going to appear, then crash. I saw a fix in here with a slightly upgraded version--2.10.2 or something like that, so I grab them, throw them in the right folder, and...oopsno, sosry! :'(

Now, when I try to run either, it says I'm missing alleg42.dll, and I can't really find anything useful about it by searching. Any thoughts on solving this, like a (reliable) place to find said dll? I'd like to try and finish my (mediocre) quest at some point, but fate seems to want to stop me from doing so.

(If this is in the wrong place, sorry. I'd try searching, but for some reason, I don't have permission to use search...lawl)

Pteryx
05-10-2008, 10:26 AM
You may have downloaded build 795, which accidentally renamed the dll. ny download of ZC normally comes with it as part of the package. -- Pteryx

Aes
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM
See there's still a problem though. The standard 2.10 build (only recently too) refuses to run at all, but instead of claiming to have a missing .dll, it crashes in the manner mentioned above.

:(

The_Amaster
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Just check out the latest build. If you got 795 you must have downloaded it in like the three hour window it took the devs to notice.