PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - Password

skier
05-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Hello - I am totally new to Zelda Classic and the new quests that have been developed, and I can't wait to start. There are several quests that are loaded into ZQuest v2, in particular "Link to the Heavens." My problem is that when I try to load any of the other quests it asks me for a password.

Where do I get the passwords for these quests?

Sorry to ask such a lame question, but I appreciate whoever can help! Thanks!! :confused:

Zaphod Q. IX
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
If you are trying to load quests such as "Link to the Heavens", or other such custom quests in ZQuest, the passwords are required because those quests are the intellectual property of other people. ;)

If you're in need of inspiration, or want to look at some quests to see how to get started, there are quests that are not password protected. I believe that the example.qst file is one of these (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Starkist
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
You want to load the quests in Zelda Classic itself, not the Quest Editor. This will allow you to play the quest as a game. ZQuest is for creation and editing of quests. People put passwords on their quests to keep players from cheating, as well as to protect their work.

skier
05-09-2008, 01:06 AM
You want to load the quests in Zelda Classic itself, not the Quest Editor. This will allow you to play the quest as a game. ZQuest is for creation and editing of quests. People put passwords on their quests to keep players from cheating, as well as to protect their work.

Thanks for the replies - i'm so new I didn't even know what to ask for!

How do I load the custom quests in Zelda Classic? I've already put the quests in the ZC program file folder.

I found this in your FAQ section - someone else asked a password question. However I tried what the person said about loading custom quests in Zelda Classic, but I couldn't get to a screen to load the custom quest in Zelda;

"How to load custom quests in Zelda Classic
1) Double click on zelda-w.exe
2) Press "Enter" to pass the flames.
3) Press "Enter" to pass the Zelda intro screen.
4) register a name, and press enter.
5) press "A" (Alt)
6) Press "A" (Alt) again
7) browse to the quest you want to play, choose it and press "ok"
8) press "Enter" to play.
The above steps assume you have put the custom quest in the folder with Zelda Classic :O)"

I put the quests in the right program folder, but I still can't load the quest. That's what I need help with! In case it matters, i use Win XP. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies - i'm so new I didn't even know what to ask for!

How do I load the custom quests in Zelda Classic? I've already put the quests in the ZC program file folder.

I found this in your FAQ section - someone else asked a password question. However I tried what the person said about loading custom quests in Zelda Classic, but I couldn't get to a screen to load the custom quest in Zelda;

"How to load custom quests in Zelda Classic
1) Double click on zelda-w.exe
2) Press "Enter" to pass the flames.
3) Press "Enter" to pass the Zelda intro screen.
4) register a name, and press enter.
5) press "A" (Alt)
6) Press "A" (Alt) again
7) browse to the quest you want to play, choose it and press "ok"
8) press "Enter" to play.
The above steps assume you have put the custom quest in the folder with Zelda Classic :O)"

I put the quests in the right program folder, but I still can't load the quest. That's what I need help with! In case it matters, i use Win XP. Thanks again!

I figured it out (finally :rolleyes:) - the key is #4 - register a NEW name that can now be associated with the NEW quest. Follow the other instructions, and you're all set to enjoy the new quest. Thanks all!

Russ
05-10-2008, 12:01 PM
And just a tip, ask ZC questions in the ZC forums. And try not to double post. I don't mind, but a lot of people do. Just use the edit button.

biggiy05
05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
And just a tip, ask ZC questions in the ZC forums. And try not to double post. I don't mind, but a lot of people do. Just use the edit button.

Watch the rent-a-modding.

Moved to ZC forum.