PDA

View Full Version : Two Swords at the same time!

Misopesaminos
05-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I saw a video on youtube(http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=257ruyWWvrE) about using 2 swords (for example) at a same time.
How can i do that? Using script!?

XMuppetSB
05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
jman2050 must have been able to keep lower level items. There is indeed a 'Keep Lower Level Items' Flag in the Item Editor.

Keep Lower Level Items
If Link had previously collected lower-level items of the same class, then the lower-level items are not removed from his inventory when this item is collected.

It was a quest rule in 2.10, but it was made into an item editor flag in the 2.5 betas.

Pteryx
05-09-2008, 03:11 AM
Actually, to do that you use the Item Override function in an active subscreen, not a script. That's a fairly recent addition; here's what the release notes had to say about it:

* Fun thing number one: The "Current Item" subscreen object now has a new variable, called "Item Override." Under normal circumstances, the object will select the highest level item in the selected family during gameplay, but if Item Override is anything other than -1, it will instead select that item directly. This allows one to have different selectable items within the same family (selectable swords, arrows, etc). Make sure to test that everything works correctly.

Misopesaminos
05-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Ok i get it done, don't need to use the flag in the item editor only the item override in the current item at the subscreen. Now how i'm able to now in the item override wich item is wich? I now that the wooden sword is item override 5 the white sword is 6 and the magic sword is 7 because i randomly tried it.

Russ
05-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow, this is amazing! I have got to try this!

jman2050
05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Ok i get it done, don't need to use the flag in the item editor only the item override in the current item at the subscreen. Now how i'm able to now in the item override wich item is wich? I now that the wooden sword is item override 5 the white sword is 6 and the magic sword is 7 because i randomly tried it.

In the item editor when you select an item, its number will be in the title bar.

ShadowTiger
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Ah, so the lowest level of an item family needn't necessarily automatically be numbered as 1 or 0? Intriguing. Thank you many. ^^,

Shoelace
05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Okay, just so I know as this would be very helpful in my puzzles. Say I had a regular bow and arrow, and then a Fire Arrow, and you can use them separately. And across the screen that is a target that can only be triggered by a fire arrow, and in another screen that could only be triggered by a regular arrow or ice arrow, whatever it is. Is that possible, to only be triggered by that certain item. Because I don't know the first thing on how to flag it. Would I have to script a flag or something to make it work? Just wondering.

jman2050
05-09-2008, 10:59 PM
you would likely have to script a flag, as the current flags can be triggered by any lower level item.

Russ
05-09-2008, 11:28 PM
you would likely have to script a flag, as the current flags can be triggered by any lower level item.
That script wouldn't be hard to do, would it? You would just have to make the script respond to being hit with a certain item.

By the way, jman, you are amazing!

Oh, and another thing:

Post 2000!

SpacemanDan
05-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I've seen the video before, and have always woundered how to do it. I always thought it was a script. I'll have to make some use of this somehow.

Off Topic:
Congrats on your 2000th post Russadwan! :D

Jigglysaint
05-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Ah crap! Now on top of my other projects, my plans for a ZC quest are one step closer to being a reality(the quest with 5 possible paths though the game).

bob1000
07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I have encountered one serious problem with the Item Override-it only allows two digits. I put a custom item as 200 so it is different from any other number, but I can't get it to show up because of this. Any way I can get around that?