PDA

View Full Version : Random Crashing on Restart -798

Gleeok
05-08-2008, 12:05 AM
After you die and continue that is. I'm not entirely sure if it is linked to global script slot 3 or not at this time. I'm going to run a few more tests to see if I can narrow it down with some Trace() statements. This has happened twice in the same day, which warrants a bug thread, and maybe others have encountered this as well...though I don't know how many people actually use global slot 3 for anything.

The next time it crashes I should have some extra debugging results or at least a quest if that doesn't help.

Gleeok
05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
My apologies, but it seems it doesn't have too much to do with any said global slot 3 script. It also doesn't seem to be particular to a restart either. It can happen (infrequently too it seems, as It hasn't crashed for anyone else yet that played it) when you simply switch screens, though I am not using any screen init options, or getting any kind of errors from allegro.log.

I'll be giving the quest a thread in the next few days, (Plus I need more people testing it :p) so I'll update with a link then. Probably not much that can be done about it right now anyways.

Gleeok
05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Well I though it would've crashed at least once for someone else by now..but I haven't heard anything. I don't know if it's good or bad...But the quest is in this thread. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=102675) It's crashing for me plenty though. I don't know....

_L_
07-12-2008, 12:08 PM
So you say it never crashes in the same place twice?

Questwizard88
07-27-2008, 05:02 PM
I get crashes at random as soon as enemies go to spawn on a screen no matter what quest I'm playing. I was just going through the 1st quest and it crapped out on a screen with 4 octoroks and a zora. Crashes with the "this program has encountered an error and needs to close" box, with no info in the log file. Seems it might not have anything to do with scripts, cause that's about the 10th time it's crashed at random while the enemies are spawning. It's done it in the 1st quest, the BS 1st quest, revenge 2, the pure quest (3 times in 5 minutes!), and a couple others I've tried. Still does it on 846 too by the way.

Dark Nation
11-09-2008, 02:55 AM
Still doing it?

Dark Nation
11-10-2008, 11:07 PM
No reply = Limbo

Nicholas Steel
11-11-2008, 02:02 AM
I used to have random crashes in the player too, but I have not encountered one since the 700 alpha's. (aside from zquest)

Gleeok
11-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Actually, this turned out to be an alternate-music related crash, which DN fixed a while ago, and was the only crash bug I was getting. Seems to be working fine in 887.

Fixed!