PDA

View Full Version : Link... He is frozen!

the goomba guy
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah... he just stands there. This normaly only happens when I accidently download a quest made on a different version, and then when I play it Link moves two inches and then stops. Alright, that's fine. I can live with that, besides, I shoulden't expect it to work right on the wrong version. Only problem is it's doing this on a quest of my own creation. I've tested it many times before with no problem, and it suddonly just started doing it. Help?

XMuppetSB
05-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Is it a 1.90 quest? If so, then Link will likely freeze after that beep sound at the start of the quest. If that happens, press F6, then click the Yes button when it asks 'Quit Current Game?', then choose continue, and Link will be able to move again.;)
Hell, I've also had this problem with 1.92 and 2.10 quests that have an intro string on the starting DMap.

the goomba guy
05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Actualy its a 2.10 quest... also I woulden't want to release it with something like that still there, even if you can fix it with the push a button.

EDIT: K, thanks Pokegamer, it works even for 2.10 quests :D. Of course, I'd to get rid of this problem for good for wehn I finish and release it, so more help please?

erm2003
05-06-2008, 05:46 AM
He told you what it could be. Did you have Link appearing on an overworld screen with a dmap string showing up at the same time? That will sometimes freeze quests. See if eliminating the string stops it from freezing.

the goomba guy
05-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh, I didn't see that :weirdo:. Anyway, yes it does have an intro sring, which I don't want to get rid of, but if its the only way, I will. But I'd rather not, so are there any other ways to solve it?

erm2003
05-06-2008, 06:10 PM
It's a bug that was fixed in the 2.5 builds. If you want to build your quest in 2.10, you will have to do something else because the bug will make it freeze every time.

the goomba guy
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Meh, I'll just get rid of the intro string. Thx!