PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for May's Gemstone ('08)

Russ
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, it's that time again. This is the place to nominate old quests for this month's Gemstone. Here are the spillovers from last month:

Hero of Time- Ocarina of Time remade with BS graphics.
Molka- Explore the mountain region of the same name in that classic Zelda feel
AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest- A new twist on an old game, expect to both be reminded of the old design, yet excited by the new content
James Quest/Armageddon Quest- You'd better be up to the challenge of this incredibly frustrating yet fun quest.

So, anyone have more quests to add to the list?

bobrocks95
05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Where have I been the past year :P?

Russ
05-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Does anybody have any nominations at all? Sheesh, this is going a lot slower than I expected.

Oh, I relized I put the year as ('09). This is changed in this post, but I think Pineconn might have to come in and change this little error on my part.

bobrocks95
05-09-2008, 11:41 PM
No one likes Gemstone :S

s2dve
05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
The quests you have nominated are all very tough quests for a below average player like me. So I never get very far before I have to give up.

How about quests like Swan Song or Link To Tortuga.

At least they are quests I managed to finish, and something I could vote for.

Russ
05-10-2008, 12:02 PM
You can only nominate one. Which will it be, Swan Song or Link to Tortuga?

s2dve
05-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Link To Tortuga.

Thanks!

And I'm not saying the others aren't great quests, besides screenshots, I don't get to see much of them. :)

Pineconn
05-11-2008, 01:11 PM
You think Hero of Time and Molka are more difficult than Link to Tortuga? Hm...

The_Amaster
05-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I actually am interested in Gemstone, but I don\'t have any nomination ideas. I like the idea of Molka, if only because I\'ve never heard of it, and isn\'t that the whole point of this?

s2dve
05-11-2008, 01:47 PM
You think Hero of Time and Molka are more difficult than Link to Tortuga? Hm...

Freedoms are always tough puzzle wise. And there are places where the enemies are too. But he rarely, if ever, has screen after screen of swarms of wizzrobes and Darknuts.
I was stopped in Link to the Heavens by a room in level two with a timed puzzle after you used the boomerang.

I haven't tried Molka.

bobrocks95
05-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Link to Tortuga may not be the best option for Gemstone. It's just too well known to convey the true meaning of Gemstone, which is old quests that have been forgotten but are amazing.

Russ
05-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Link to Tortuga may not be the best option for Gemstone. It's just too well known to convey the true meaning of Gemstone, which is old quests that have been forgotten but are amazing.
I agree. So we'll add Swan Song to the nomination list.