PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting Game Icon (2.10)

bgates87
05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm using ZQuest version 2.10, and the Dance of Remembrance tileset and palettes.

Here's my problem:

When I try to set a Game Icon for my Quest, all of the tiles appear blank on Csets 6 - 9. They appear normally when viewing them in the tile editor or by viewing them through any other means, but they are all blank when I try to select a Game Icon.

Has anyone had this problem before, or is there a simple solution? I'm not very far into creating this Quest so if all else fails I can just start over from scratch and hope that whatever went wrong doesn't go wrong again.

Purplemandown
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't exactly know what you mean, but I believe I encountered the same problem with other tilesets.

Anywho, the CSets are "different" when You are selecting an icon. In extra Sprite pallete 1, CSets 9-12 are used for the game Icons, replacing (6-9(I think). You may want to check those CSets.

bgates87
05-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't exactly know what you mean, but I believe I encountered the same problem with other tilesets.

Anywho, the CSets are "different" when You are selecting an icon. In extra Sprite pallete 1, CSets 9-12 are used for the game Icons, replacing (6-9(I think). You may want to check those CSets.
Thanks, that worked perfectly. The extra sprite palettes were empty so I copied CSets 6-9 of the main palette to CSets 9-12 of extra sprite palette respectively and all of the game icons appeared (well technically they were always there, I just couldn't see them). I didn't realize the Game Icons used a different palette, but I guess it kind of makes sense. I've only been using ZQuest for about two months so I'm still learning new things every day, and will be for quite some time I suspect.

AaronJer
05-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I've been using ZC since some build of 1.92 I can't remember many years ago... and I still can't figure out what the crap some stuff is for.

Purplemandown
05-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Don't mention it! No, seriously, don't. GAH! I FORBID YOU TO MENTION IT! (kidding):)