PDA

View Full Version : looking for betatesting of HowHigh 1.90 rerelease

trudatman
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35726

trudatman
05-01-2008, 08:48 AM
why can't I "find all posts by...." myself? I wanted to see what I have posted in this forum, as I've been away for years. are my accesses constrained?

AlphaDawg
05-01-2008, 12:30 PM
The search feature is only enabled for moderators (and above) and premium members I believe. Major bandwidth hog.

On a related note, linking directly to PureZC's forums is bad form, as they're private and you can't read anything there unless you register.

Speaking of that, I actually DID register there yesterday and validated my e-mail only to get a message saying no go yet because an admin wanted to personally verify all new accounts. No response yet. Perhaps you could light a fire under one of the admins over there?

trudatman
05-02-2008, 12:29 AM
sorry. guess I assumed everybody here was there, too.

"I will be rereleasing HowHigh.qst for 1.90 in the near future. I have finally built a PC again and have been working on the quest again after years off. it is much improved, but still very difficult. so, I'm hoping there are some folks out there willing to go back to 1.90 for a bit to help me with betatesting. thing should be complete and fully functional, but I could use the outside influences. so, I need to borrow a friends computer to email out the quest, but that should be no problem; I figure I could send it out tomorrow (or a few days after I get replies here, if it takes a while to get people interested enough). please reply below and PM me your email address if you are willing to try to battle through a tough quest in 1.90. thanks! be well."

trudatman
05-03-2008, 06:25 PM
nobody. why am I getting more replies on sites with nothing to do with Zelda Classic? huh.

wkz
05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi. The quest seems to be working using 2.10.

But I'm stuck. I can walk like one screen in each direction, but don't know what to do next....

I think many of these quests are too difficult, too early. Help the player out in the beginning and less in the end!

ms_zelda_lady
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I think that most people are using version 2.10 and that's probably why nobody has posted. If you fixed it to work in 2.10 I bet lots of people would reply.

trudatman
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
edit: you do have the right file, but it isn't difficult for the first few minutes, so I think you should try it again.

trudatman
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
word is that it works just fine with 2.10.

ms_zelda_lady
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
It's worked fine for me although I really didn't get that far. Found a whole heart, something that looks like a blue candy cane, 2 shops but can't figure out where the bridge is. I can also see the lighter but can't get there. So what's comes next?

trudatman
05-14-2008, 03:46 AM
you have the glass pipe, the sword, bombs, the boomerang and one extra heart, right? you are stuck at the screen where you see the lighter, yeah? keep trying, it isn't that hard. think like the second quest of the original Zelda; not everything is going to be obvious, but nearly every screen will have something going on. you may find a stair/cave/warp/door in each overworld screen, so if you are on a screen where nothing has happened, try harder.

ms_zelda_lady
05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the help. BTW What is the glass pipe for?

trudatman
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
it's the cross (allows you to see invisible enemies), but it's really so the letter and medicine make sense when you get them.