PDA

View Full Version : What the hell just happened with Yahoo!!??

The_Amaster
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
So I get home from school, right. And I check my Yahoo mail. Try to log in, says "invalid username or password". So I try every variation on capitilization that I'd ever use for my name or password, nothing.

I try to log onto Yahoo messenger. Same thing. No result. Kepps saying "invalid". I figure it's weird.

So I call up my girlfriend because we can't talk online, she says "By the way, whats wrong with your email? I tried to send you a message, but it gave me a Mailer Daemon failure notice"

I think my account has been...deleted. And I have absolutley no clue how it happened.

Arghhh! What just happened here? I have no clue whats going on.

Joe123
04-30-2008, 07:31 PM
They're probably doing maintenance on your account or something, it happened to my hotmail the other week.

The_Amaster
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I dunno, there haven't been any warnings like: "Notice to our users. During this week your accounts may goo offline as we preform maintenence" or anything.

I'd like to hope so, so I'll hold of re-registering for now...

phattonez
04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Are you sure that no one hacked it and deleted it?

ctrl-alt-delete
04-30-2008, 08:33 PM
When was the last time you logged in?

Sometimes accounts are deleted after a month of inactivity.

The_Amaster
04-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Nope, check it every day.
And if someone hacked me, it was a random hack-and-run. I've never really made any enemies online or anything.

erm2003
04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Maybe Microsoft started their take over early and started screwing around with the accounts... j/k.

That's really odd man. Hopefully it was just a little server work or something and it doesn't effect you in the long run.