PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Power moon

Pineconn
04-30-2008, 06:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/moon.png

Nintendo Power hinted in volume 229 that there is a secret in the above moon about a top secret game they haven't told us about yet. Does anyone else see the entire moon as a Poké Ball?

Russ
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
It's a Poke Ball. No doubt about that.

Beldaran
04-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Gee. Who could have foreseen another pokemon game?:rolleyes:

Shazza Dani
04-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't have thought it was a Pokeball if no one mentioned it, but I do see it.

Masamune
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Maybe a 3D pokemon adventure that doesn't involve taking bullshit pictures. I hope so. :(

Dechipher
05-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Pokemon in Space. You have to travel around to different planets and capture pokemon. The game is in 3D, and different planets have different types of pokemon.

It's called "Pokemon: Lunar Cheese"

Shazza Dani
05-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Maybe a 3D pokemon adventure that doesn't involve taking bullshit pictures. I hope so. :(

O: Pokemon Snap was, like, the best 3D Pokemon ever made.

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Military Madness!!! Hey, I can dream :P

DarkDragoonX
05-01-2008, 04:15 AM
I hope it's a pokemon game that involves killing all of the little fuckers with a flamethrower.

Brasel
05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Are you sure its not supposed to be the Death Star? Cause that would be waaay cooler.

Breaker
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
a new harvest moon?

ctrl-alt-delete
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
a new harvest moon?

That would be really shitty...but possible. Harvest Moon Wii has to be discussed sooner or later.

If I had a lame guess I would say it is an exclusive about FF IV.

It is supposed to be coming out in July, and the moon turned red in that game...

Breaker
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Disgaea: Prince of the Demon World and the Red Moon

There's a pretty good chance this is what they're referring to. I've played Disgaea for the PSP and it's a pretty neat little RPG, comparable to Breath of Fire III. Apparently it's coming to the DS.

Shazza Dani
05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Are you sure its not supposed to be the Death Star? Cause that would be waaay cooler.

That's no moon--it's a space station! O:

DarkDragoonX
05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I've played Disgaea for the PSP and it's a pretty neat little RPG, comparable to Breath of Fire III.

Wait, what? How? Disgaea is a TRPG that bears more resemblance to games like FFT than it does to the extremely traditional BoF III, which isn't even a TRPG at all. They're two completely different genres.

Breaker
05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
OK, bad comparison. I haven't played very much of it yet. I didn't even realize Disgaea was a TRPG.

Linkus
05-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Here's what I can see out of it--

Death Star, upside down: Factor 5 is sucking up to Nintendo with a new Rouge Squadron game. Of course, to do it right they might as well forget about doing on-foot missions, but the AT-ST or AT-PT missions can stay, if missions occur in large areas (same goes with speeder bikes) instead of straight runs seen in Rebel Strike. And more heavy bombing missions! The one from the original Rouge Squadron was awesome. That, and more tactical attacks instead of direct suicidal attacks that are successful almost every time should be present. And keep movie clips as cutscenes out! In fact, don't recreate anything that happened in the movies, but instead make "undocumented" missions that happened between Episodes V and VI, much like the original did with the time between IV and V.

Poke Ball: It could just mean another Coliseum game. Although, if there is a new series, it would be best if they would start with a whole new set instead of adding to the current list. Is it 400 now? That's a little excessive, given that most are just for collecting and not for fighting, while HMs and TMs allow for customization, which means broadening uses of your current set of six.

Final Fantasy IV: This is most likely what it means. But really, do we need another FF remake? III was understandable given that it hadn't came to the US, but IV is a lame excuse. Unless there is planning for a sequel, which I have heard about before.

Finally, one I'd like to see: Star Fox. Maybe a decent one this time, too. I could beat SF64 easily back then, but that type of great rail and area space shooter gameplay I'm already starting to miss. Oh, and of course, the lackluster on-foot missions that also brought Rebel Strike down in the same terms for Assault also must not exist.

AtmaWeapon
05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
If you were to show me the picture and say "Does this look like a Poke Ball?", I'd say yes. The resemblance is faint, but noticeable if you're led to it.

If you were to show me the picture and say "What does this look like?" I'd say "The moon."

You shut your mouth about the FFIV remake Linkus! It's a 3D remake and apparently Square was rushed to finish the original and left out some story elements. The music has been remixed by the original composer and I am going to eat it up. I'm pretty sure that "previously announced game in the making" doesn't qualify for "super secret project", though.

Aliem
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Final Fantasy IV: This is most likely what it means. But really, do we need another FF remake? III was understandable given that it hadn't came to the US, but IV is a lame excuse. Unless there is planning for a sequel, which I have heard about before.

Final Fantasy IV: The After (http://wireless.ign.com/articles/843/843122p1.html).

Ehh, considering it's a picture of a red-tinged moon, and a major plot point in FFIV is a red moon, I'd have to put my money on that.

Pineconn
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
The more and more I look at it, the more and more it looks like a Poké Ball. I'm about 80% sure that's what it is.

The_Amaster
05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Nintendo Power hinted in volume 229 that there is a secret in the above moon about a top secret game they haven't told us about yet.
Keyword: secret. It being a red moon reference to FF IV seems a bit...obvious.

Icey
05-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm going to go ahead and place my money on the moon representing Decipher's testicle. We know he's had some problems with it, so that could explain why it's red.

Seriously though, what's the point of speculation except to provide the possibility that when the secret is revealed you might be able to go "I TOLD U GUYZ"?

Pineconn
05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Because when I am found to be correct, I'll deftly say, "I TOLD U GUYZ," and move on to something else. :p

Yoshiman
05-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Most likely, it's a Pokeball. Knowing Nintendo, they wouldn't hesitate to make another Pokemon game. Most likely a Wii game.

But just for the sake of argument:

- Another Harvest Moon game? Harvest moons do have a reddish appearance and all that.
- The Final Fantasy IV remake is another possibility. Nintendo Power is known to be rather late on news.
- I wouldn't say a new Starfox game (sadly :< ). Maybe if it was an actual planet instead of a moon.
- I see a distorted skull in the lower right-hand section. It's got it's jaw open. It's a really big stretch, but Castlevania is known to frequently include both red moons and skulls. :p

Pineconn
05-03-2008, 12:46 AM
I see a distorted skull in the lower right-hand section. It's got it's jaw open. It's a really big stretch, but Castlevania is known to frequently include both red moons and skulls. :p

I can't say I see the skull. However...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/moonP.png

P for Pokémon?