PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this has been asked before...

AaronJer
04-28-2008, 11:30 PM
...but is there any kind of tutorial/list/explanation as to what the misc. properties on the enemy editor mean? I've kinda figured out a few things by screwing with it, but seriously, that needs some definition.

Plissken
04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Not everything has documentation on it, but here's where you will find all of that information. The wiki has a lot of other useful information on other complicated issues within ZQ as well.

http://www.shardstorm.dreamhosters.com/ZCwiki/Enemy_Editor

AaronJer
04-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Is there like, a latest stable version of 2.5 or do they all crash while idling?

_L_
04-29-2008, 06:44 AM
"Crash while idling"? Gee whiz, that's never happened in months and months.

AaronJer
04-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Given that I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, I'll provide two responses.

If you were sarcastic:

Does this mean there are no stable versions of 2.5? Sadness? 2.1 is basically non-functional on my computer now. That would be bad.

If you weren't sarcastic:

Well, then reset your "days without an accident" counter. It crashes about once every 30 minutes while doing nothing at all and about once every 4 minutes if the "save every four minutes" thing is on.

The_Amaster
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Heh, L is rarely sarcastic.
Which version are you using, and what OS you running?
And when you say
It crashes about once every 30 minutes while doing nothing at all do you mean just the program sitting and ideling for half an hour? Or that you don't do anything to cause it crash, but are still working in the program.

AaronJer
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I was using 2.50 Build 780 on Windows XP.

Literally leaving it with the monitor off and me in another room. I left it that way 4-5 times and it had crashed by the time I came back. The average time I was away was one half-hour. Each of those times there was a quest loaded, at least. This in combination with the fact that 1 out of 100 button presses seems to randomly crash the editor makes it mostly unusable for me. I haven't been able to consistently reproduce any of the crashes except that it always crashes when clicking "view pic".

I know that these are beta, so I can't complain that they crash... but I can't use 2.10 either... I don't even need any of the new features after 2.10, I just want to finish my quest!

Oh, and "gee whiz" in conjunction with the word "never" turns any sentence into sarcasm. Whether or not sarcasm was intended is what I'm worried about.

bobrocks95
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM
2.5 has never crashed on me once. Try updating to 788 and make sure you're using the ZCLauncher. Also, is 794 Linux only? Because I want that huge list of DN fixes...

The_Amaster
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Well I'm wondering now, has anyone ever considered how ZC would react to a prolonged period of idle sitting? I know I keep it open only as long as I'm using it.

_L_
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh, and "gee whiz" in conjunction with the word "never" turns any sentence into sarcasm. Whether or not sarcasm was intended is what I'm worried about.
'Tis sadly not the first time that my idiosyncratic diction has caused unfortunate miscommunication. My apologies.

ScaryBinary
05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Well I'm wondering now, has anyone ever considered how ZC would react to a prolonged period of idle sitting? I know I keep it open only as long as I'm using it.

...or maybe it has something to do with a screen-saver starting up, or the hard discs or something "hibernating"?

bobrocks95
05-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Hasn't it been discussed before that there's a possible memory leak in ZC?

The_Amaster
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but I thought it got fixed months ago.

Russ
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I've left ZQuest build 780 open for a whole day, and it never crashed on me. :shrug:

Pteryx
05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
All I've ever noticed as far as problems of the sort is that ZC programs and Final Fantasy XI don't like each other. :shrug: -- Pteryx

AaronJer
05-03-2008, 08:04 AM
I'd never attempt to insinuate that my problems are common problems. Given that 2.10 won't even run on my computer it's gotta be something about my hardware. However, it has nothing to do with my graphics card or it's drivers, I've tested for that as a side-effect of trying to ZC to work.

Also, "I" have a memory leak in all versions of ZC. After about 2-4 hours it gets so slow I have to restart my computer to get it to work normally again. This happens with a couple other programs as well though, so once again there has to be something the matter with my computron. I'm on of my brother's many computers right now and it runs flawlessly. Except for the fact that ZC reacts very strangely when you're using 6 monitors. I've stopped trying to get it to display across more than 4 at once... don't think it appreciates the resolution. Not that I have any reason at all to get it to display on multiple monitors... I'm just wasting time.