PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 4 Tomorrow

MottZilla
04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
So who's getting it and for which platform?

I wasn't sure if I would buy it right away or at all. But since there isn't much else to play that is new, I decided to go ahead and plan on getting it tomorrow.

The only thing I've noticed so far is what I mentioned before, the damn frame rate. But I can live with that.

Anyone goes to a midnight launch? I probably would if I could. But I'll have to settle for going out tomorrow to get it. I'm very curious what the multiplayer modes will be like. But primarily I just want to play the single player game.

I plan on getting it for the Xbox 360 ofcourse. Even if I had a PS3, I'd get the 360 version for Xbox Live alone.

Breaker
04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm picking it up tonight at midnight for the 360. I've had it pre-ordered for months. My GamerTag is Draezius.

DarkDragoonX
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Eh, I'll pick it up on the 360 eventually. I already spent waaaaay too much money this month on Atlus releases and a damn joystick, so GTA IV and the new Mario Kart get to wait.

To be honest, although the GTA games are quite good, I've never creamed myself over them the way most people seem to, so waiting a couple weeks before I grab a copy isn't going to kill me.

EDIT: Actually, word seems to be that the missions (and more importantly, the characters and story) are far more interesting this time around. The exploration was always the best part, but the missions, plot and characters always fell short, so if they did a better job with those for this installment, it may manage to get past "quite good" and make it into the territory of "awesome." We'll see.

Yoshiman
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm thinking about picking it up after work today. The only other GTA game I've played was Vice City for the PC, and I definitely had fun with that. After seeing some of the reviews the game has been getting, it looks quite promising.

And Cops 'n Crooks mode looks like it's made of win.

Radium
04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
I just bought it this morning! Now I gotta wait 'till 4:30 to play! O_o

ShadowTiger
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
It wouldn't happen to be on the PC too, would it? I'm looking all over for various indicative phrases, but not turning much up. Thanks, aye.

DarkDragoonX
04-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, if it follows the pattern of all the previous (3-D) games in the series (and the pattern of PC ports in general, really), it will make a PC showing roughly 6 months to a year after the console release.

Radium
04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
From what I hear it will hit the PC in August...

Matteo
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
have it... won't be playing too much until thursday... but look forward to playing multiplayer with you guys in the future... cops n crooks FTW.

MottZilla
04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes! Cops and Crooks is fucking awesome. I played alot of that last night. Several times, I went and got a Helicopter and picked up 3 allies with assault rifles and flew them around shooting at the people on the ground. It was a blast really. I also loved going around with a fully loaded 4 door vehicle and seeing someone and all 4 people just start spraying them with soooo many bullets.

Honestly I was very surprised by how much fun Multiplayer turned out to be. But you gotta have team mates that aren't garbage. ;)

Mr. 207
05-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Cops and Crooks mode can be a whole lot of fun, but sadly for the most part I keep ending up in games with people who apparently don't know how to play it. Every time, the crooks win because the cops don't even attempt to chase down the boss. Sadly, the game I was just playing had that happen, only my team (the crooks) managed to still lose cause the boss fucked his car up so bad and killed himself haha.

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I just picked this bad boy up tonight. I'll get to play it over the weekend ;) Anyone here except for me that has the PS3 version? I looked at the sticky thread and there is only like 2 PS3 owners on AGN :(

Masamune
05-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I got it for 360. The gamertag is DiZfunxion, so I'd enjoy playing with some of you.

Breaker
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I just picked this bad boy up tonight. I'll get to play it over the weekend ;) Anyone here except for me that has the PS3 version? I looked at the sticky thread and there is only like 2 PS3 owners on AGN :(

is it too late for you to exchange it for a 360?

MottZilla
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
You're right you need people with a clue to play Cops n' Crooks. When you have a good group of people it is so much fun. And I remember a number of times seeing the Boss kill himself or die from a teammate's car wreck. It's hilarious when that happens.