PDA

View Full Version : I quit WoW

Master Ghaleon
04-27-2008, 02:37 AM
I have tried to quit WoW 2 other times before and I have always came back to it. This time it is different. I haven't logged on for 3-4 weeks and have no urge in playing again. Didn't think I had it in me to leave this game completly but I have done so. It finally just got boring to me, a gold/rep grind for the ages. Must say by far for me the class that I loved the most is the Mage. So many great times in the game but now I have finally put it to rest.

DarkDragoonX
04-27-2008, 04:49 AM
My interest in the game plummeted when BC came out and Blizzard randomly decided to destroy everything I loved about the warrior class. I mean, I had been playing the guy for two years, it was the only class I really loved, and then Blizzard did their huge class revamp with the expansion and all the fun disappeared. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like having a spec and playstyle you've been enjoying for years arbitrarily removed for no good reason. Goodbye fury tree, you shall be missed.

Pineconn
04-27-2008, 10:45 AM
What, is WoW the new smoking? What, once smoking/nicotine addiction is eradicated, will there be commercials in the future to quit WoW? :p

But seriously, I'm glad you were able to overcome your addiction. I'm glad I'm not addicted to anything. *takes a sip of soda*

rock_nog
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
And I just got started on that sinister road. I gotta admit, the mage is my favorite class so far.

Beldaran
04-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I have tried to quit WoW 2 other times before and I have always came back to it. This time it is different. I haven't logged on for 3-4 weeks and have no urge in playing again. Didn't think I had it in me to leave this game completly but I have done so. It finally just got boring to me, a gold/rep grind for the ages. Must say by far for me the class that I loved the most is the Mage. So many great times in the game but now I have finally put it to rest.

dude, roll another toon. You know you want to.

moocow
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I just started playing a few days ago... woooo go me.

Russ
04-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey, congrats on quiting. I've heard that game can be very addictive, so I can understand how hard it would be to quit. Congrats.

The_Amaster
04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Eh, I dunno why, but I never could get into MMORPG's. Something about seeing myself in my brown robe and sandles with a dagger, and that guy over there in the Black Armor of the Demon Queen with the Sword of Intense Smiting who can cast Fireball Obliteration at level 8.

Way to go on quitting man. I've heard how hard it is to get off that thing.

ShadowTiger
04-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I stuck to the Rogue class. It has everything I want and need. She is my raiding and farming machine.

If you want to quit WoW, switch to a Private Server with very fun rates. It's totally free, and you get a different play experience. Eventually, you get bored of not having to earn everything, and you quit on your own. Either that, or get a Speed Hack. That'll get you tired of it for sure. :rolleyes:

Better yet, be a high level GM on a private server. You've gotta have both a lot of free time on your hands, and the heart of mother Theresa to stomach it and do your job well. n00bs asking you for levels and gold as if it's their right to get it. (Because, hey, it's the opposite of "You get what you pay for," huh?) ... You'll go badshit insane in a jiffy.

Master Ghaleon
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
dude, roll another toon. You know you want to.

I rolled one of every class lol :P

Revfan9
04-27-2008, 02:37 PM
What, is WoW the new smoking? What, once smoking/nicotine addiction is eradicated, will there be commercials in the future to quit WoW? :p

But seriously, I'm glad you were able to overcome your addiction. I'm glad I'm not addicted to anything. *takes a sip of soda*

WoW is just as addicting, and is just as bad for you as smoking is anyway.

rock_nog
04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Meanwhile, I'm just excited that I got my first pvp kill today. It was something of a draw, we skirmished a couple of time, basically each time managing to kill each other (it was close each time, but he had a lower-level friend with him who helped finish me off - I also killed the friend a couple of time, but that didn't really count), so it kind of ended in a draw, but nonetheless, it was really exciting.

biggiy05
04-27-2008, 05:11 PM
I just started playing a few days ago... woooo go me.

You and I were bashing Lee and some others, always cracking jokes about WoW a few years ago then I got into it a bit. Now you're playing.

Hey, congrats on quiting. I've heard that game can be very addictive, so I can understand how hard it would be to quit. Congrats.

WoW is just as addicting, and is just as bad for you as smoking is anyway.

You can't compare smoking to a game. They are nowhere near the same. As for WoW being addicting there is a difference between having fun and being addicted. Are you addicted to a game because you want to beat the final boss or make it to the final level? It's the same concept with WoW but slightly different. You can hit 70 and be done or you can raid all the dungeons and be done.

I played WoW for a few weeks back in 2004 then quit because I had no idea what I was doing. I picked it up in early 2007 and played a lot during the day because I couldn't do anything due to surgery. I've been playing casually since July 07'. It's only as bad as you make it.

AlphaDawg
04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
My brother, cousin, and several of my friends are all WoW addicts.

I don't know about everybody else posting in this thread, but I use the term "addict" rather loosely in this case.

I'll never forget a couple months ago when my brother said he couldn't go out because he had a raid scheduled for 4:30. I was like, "dude, at that point it's not a game, it's a job!" If you can't log in and play whenever you feel like, and not play whenever you don't, then what else is it?

Feasul
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Indeed, and a job you pay someone else so you can do it, as well.
I dunno, I guess I don't see something like that as much different from scheduling some sort of gaming party or something with a few friends, but that's probably because I don't see much of a difference between playing with someone online and playing with someone "in real life." It's not like the person playing WoW with you isn't real, just the method of communication is different. I'd personally rather do something with someone in real life, because I just enjoy face-to-face communication better, but that's just my personal preference.

biggiy05
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I'd personally rather do something with someone in real life, because I just enjoy face-to-face communication better, but that's just my personal preference.

It's also easier to smack the person upside the head for screwing things up.:D

rock_nog
04-28-2008, 10:57 PM
It's also easier to smack the person upside the head for screwing things up.:D
Wow... You just managed to hit the nail on the head with regard to my biggest gripe in team gaming - someone acts like an idiot, you just don't have the option to smack 'em, whereas in real life, it's an excellent deterrent to future idiotic behavior.

Lilith
05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
---

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I must say that I wasn't addicted like I would choose the game over my GF/Friends. But yea this game swallowed a good amount of time. Last year I did take a week off work to level my priest to 70 lol I would play from 7 am til 5am except on Tuesday cause it is the update day.

Beta Link
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Dude, I must say congrats. It seems too many people are addicted to World of Warcraft... Even though I have absolutely no interest in it. In fact, one of my friends at school is always making fun of it, it's hilarious. :tongue: But whatever... Don't you have to pay $15 a month to play it though? I'm sure you'll get back more than just time. :)

Beldaran
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I would play from 7 am til 5am

What the hell? 22 hours a day? That's gross! How can you live without sleep?

biggiy05
05-01-2008, 11:21 PM

How can you sit in front of a monitor for that long?

Master Ghaleon
05-02-2008, 12:03 AM

I got my supply of around 10 2-liters of fruit punch and kept it in my room. With the bathroom right next to the hall I could just walk over and do my thing and walk back. Its actually not that hard to sit in front of the monitor for that long, people do it with TV. Wake up sit in on the couch and watch TV all day long.

Dechipher
05-02-2008, 12:49 AM
I know a guy who made his summer income off leveling up characters and selling them.

cbailey78
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
http://www.1pstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/woauv4.JPG