PDA

View Full Version : Caves (Overworld 0x80 - 0x81)

Matthew Bluefox
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM
I wanted to enter a simple cave (like the ones in 2.10 with special items or shops or whatever), butt I landed on the top left edge of the screen (and I had to use stairs for transition since the black square didn't work for stepping down, I just walked through that one) in the cave, and the color was grey instead of brown. I found four blue Keeses as enemies (even though I didn't define any), and no guy (even though I defined Abei as the guy). No message string (I set one), and the special item was on the lop left edge as well. I was able to walk inside the cave after materializing and of course I couldn't reach the item. :(

Why's that?

XMuppetSB
04-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Go to the Quest Menu, click DMaps, select a DMap number, click the Flags Tab, and check the following flags: 'Use Caves Instead Of Item Cellars', and 'Special Rooms And Guys Are Only In Caves'.

Matthew Bluefox
04-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Those are both ticked. It still doesn't work though. :(

Edit: The problem is now different. The cave works, butt I still land on the left edge of the screen. What is the black square that makes you usually enter a cave (similar to the stairs when you burn a bush)? Which tile is it?

XMuppetSB
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
The problem is now different. The cave works, butt I still land on the left edge of the screen. What is the black square that makes you usually enter a cave (similar to the stairs when you burn a bush)? Which tile is it?

Are you using a direct warp combo to enter the cave? If so, replace it with any Cave (Walk Down) or Cave (Walk Up) combo in your combo table. By the way, are you even using the New Default Set?

Matthew Bluefox
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes, it's the new default set with sub-titles for overworld, dungeon outside, dungeon inside, etc. And yes, I am using the blueish warp cube field like in the older versions to enter the cave. Walk down, walk up? Is there no black entrance field anymore? Can you tell me which tile that walk down and walk up is?

XMuppetSB
04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Yes, it's the new default set with sub-titles for overworld, dungeon outside, dungeon inside, etc. And yes, I am using the blueish warp cube field like in the older versions to enter the cave. Walk down, walk up? Is there no black entrance field anymore? Can you tell me which tile that walk down and walk up is?

Check the ZC Wiki Combo Type List for details. Here! This should tell you what they do:

Cave (Walk Down) [A-D]
Link appears to walk down on the combo when stepped on, warping him to the specified letter warp. Any pixels filled with a colour other than transparent will appear about Link while the walking down animation plays.
Cave (Walk Up) [A-D]
Link appears to walk up on the combo when stepped on, warping him to the specified letter warp. Any pixels filled with a colour other than transparent will appear about Link while the walking up animation plays.

When Link leaves a cave, dungeon, etc., the walk down animation will be played if he comes out of a walk down cave, but if he comes out of a walk up cave, the animation will not be displayed.

Oh, and, there are no walk up caves in the default combo table. You'll have to add them yourself, but combos 4-7 are walk down caves (4-A, 5-B, 6-C, 7-D).