PDA

View Full Version : The world ends with you. GET THIS GAME!

Aegix Drakan
04-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm surprised. One of the most quirky, yet awesome DS games ever comes along, and no one here is talking about it at all!

...For those of you who have no idea what "The World Ends With You" is, allow me to explain. It's an RPG (Battles play out in real time) that takes place in the modern day, and it's made by Square-Enix. No, don't let the name turn you off if you're not a final fantasy fan. This game is nothing like anything they've made before. It's a new style, and it kicks ass with it.

Story: (SPOILER FREE!). Neku (the dude as my avatar at the moment) is a seriously anti-social jerk who just can't stand other humans. And that's big problem, since he's trapped in downtown Shibuya, Japan. ...He wakes up in the middle of an intersection, with no idea how he got there. Suddenly, a text message comes in on his cell phone: "Get to the 105 building in 60 minutes, or face erasure". And if that wasn't enough motivation, then that pack of insane looking animals running at him sure are. Neku is a participant in a contest...a deadly contest with his life on the line...The Reaper's Game.

As to gameplay...it's quite different. You walk around Shibuya, clearing missions, and scanning people's thoughts. TO engage in battle, you simply scan the area, and tap the enemy icons that are floating around. Then, you'll be warped to a battle field where the combat takes place on BOTH screens at once. On the bottom screen, you have Neku, who fights using psychic pins that are used via touch screen (slash the screen, toss objects around, etc). On the top screen is his partner, who fights using combos done by either the control pad, or via the XABY buttons. IF it's too hard for you to handle both at once, you can set the top to auto, and take over if you feel it's needed.

Also, this game fixes the whole *grinding* issue. You see, you have a little slider in your menu. By sliding it, you can control your current level. SO, you could fight at level 5 instead of you max level, if you so choose. And the game rewards you for lowering your level by boosting the drop rate accordingly. So, if you need cash, just drop your level a bit, chain a few battles together, and voila, the pins (and from them, cash) just keep on coming.

SO...GET THIS FREAKING GAME NOW! It's got to be one of the most amazing DS games I've played in a long long time.

Warlock
04-23-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm planning on checking Best Buy on my way home, but SE DS games are notorious around here for not actually coming out until 2-3 days after the "official release date." So we'll see. My bet is on them not having it until tomorrow or Thurs. though.

Sam Atoms
04-23-2008, 05:45 PM
And that's big problem, since he's trapped in downtown Shibuya, Japan. ...He wakes up in the middle of an intersection, with no idea how he got there. Suddenly, a text message comes in on his cell phone: "Get to the 105 building in 60 minutes, or face erasure". And if that wasn't enough motivation, then that pack of insane looking animals running at him sure are.

Hey, I wouldn't mind facing Erasure at all. I've been thinking about picking up their latest album, as a matter of fact...

vegeta1215
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
This game has caught my attention too, if only for the style. It sounds neat, but also sounds really complicated. As I've gotten older, I have less patience for highly customizable games, and especially for games where you collect things. I'm a completionist with most games, but I just can't play games as much as I used too.

I'm still eager to hear more about the game though! Is the battle style hard to get used too?

DarkDragoonX
04-24-2008, 03:44 AM
It's a fairly fun game, but wow, is it ever angsty! The fun is also diminshed (for me) a bit by the fact that I hate Nomura and his insipid character designs. It takes "zazz" to the edge of taste. Then over the edge. Then does a few laps to cross the edge multiple times. The fact that Nomura has not yet been fatally struck by lightning is just one more piece of evidence supporting atheism.

Warlock
04-24-2008, 10:23 AM
I picked it up yesterday - surprisingly Best Buy actually got it somewhat fast (I do think they only just got it yesterday though.. their website finally listed the game for the first time yesterday as coming out that day, so yeah).

It's a lot of fun so far. The music is awesome. The combat takes a little getting used to though. I don't like the little "arrow maze" on the top screen. I find it impossible to do anything but > > > > > [+] (or whatever) without completely ignoring Neku on the bottom screen (which is usually bad). Also, the pin powers seem kind of flakey and don't quite activate when I want them too (except icicle, which works flawlessly and is probably one of my favorites just due to how well it works). It's more or less a matter of scribbling all over the enemies and hoping they die :P And none seem to want to drop any new pins (other than money), so I don't really have any new abilities yet.

But yeah, so far it's a lot of fun.

Aegix Drakan
04-24-2008, 12:30 PM
:D Allow me share some of my wisdom, Warlock.

I don't like the little "arrow maze" on the top screen. I find it impossible to do anything but > > > > > [+] (or whatever) without completely ignoring Neku on the bottom screen (which is usually bad).

I remedy this by switching my partner to Auto-fast. That way, they can take care of themselves if Neku is in a bind. Then, once in a while, when Neku is in the clear for a bit, I focus on the top, and direct the combo to go for a fusion move. It works most of the time.

Also, the pin powers seem kind of flakey and don't quite activate when I want them too (except icicle, which works flawlessly and is probably one of my favorites just due to how well it works). It's more or less a matter of scribbling all over the enemies and hoping they die :P

It takes a bit of practice. I, for one have a lot of trouble with said icicle, yet, I am amazing with pyrokinesis, and both "sword" slashing types. ...also, please note that the order you load them into your deck determines their priority (I.E. if they both have very similar motions, the one in front will trigger. and sometimes the game confuses the two... I've had many times when my slashing pin mixed up with my piercing beam pin (one is slash enemies/air, and the other is slash across neku...).

To fix this, set the similar pins as a sub-pin (press L or R on it at the deck). Then, you press L or R in battle to turn those on , and turn off the others. It helps out a bit.

And none seem to want to drop any new pins (other than money), so I don't really have any new abilities yet.

Yeah, in the beginning, they don't drop very many new skills. but as you progress, they do so more and more. (also, you can buy some)

Warlock
04-24-2008, 12:44 PM
I remedy this by switching my partner to Auto-fast. That way, they can take care of themselves if Neku is in a bind. Then, once in a while, when Neku is in the clear for a bit, I focus on the top, and direct the combo to go for a fusion move. It works most of the time.

Does she attack faster? She kind of took her time whenever she reverted to auto, which was annoying.

It takes a bit of practice. I, for one have a lot of trouble with said icicle, yet, I am amazing with pyrokinesis, and both "sword" slashing types. ...also, please note that the order you load them into your deck determines their priority (I.E. if they both have very similar motions, the one in front will trigger. and sometimes the game confuses the two... I've had many times when my slashing pin mixed up with my piercing beam pin (one is slash enemies/air, and the other is slash across neku...).

To fix this, set the similar pins as a sub-pin (press L or R on it at the deck). Then, you press L or R in battle to turn those on , and turn off the others. It helps out a bit.

That's probably true. I have a lot of trouble with the fire one - it was fine when it was the only one I had, but now it's not very consistant as to when it gets used.

I'll try the L & R thing, though I don't quite get how that works yet. Do you set those in the phone menu, or in battle?

Yeah, in the beginning, they don't drop very many new skills. but as you progress, they do so more and more. (also, you can buy some)

Yeah, so far I haven't found many stores. One was selling all girly french maid crap, and the other refused to sell me anything. And of course I found the Ramen shop :P

Speaking of which, is there a way to tell which characters like what food? I gave them some to try and boost certain stats, and only after I actually fed it to them did I get any kind of reaction ("yuck", etc). So I have no clue. And actually, I'm not even entirely sure what feeding them stuff they don't like does, if it has a negative impact or whatever.

Aegix Drakan
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Does she attack faster? She kind of took her time whenever she reverted to auto, which was annoying.

If you set her to auto-Fast, she only has about a 0.5-1 second delay.

I'll try the L & R thing, though I don't quite get how that works yet. Do you set those in the phone menu, or in battle?

Set it to sub-type from the phone menu. Then, in battle, hold L or R to bring them up.

Yeah, so far I haven't found many stores. One was selling all girly french maid crap, and the other refused to sell me anything. And of course I found the Ramen shop :P

aaahh...You're not very far. As you keep going, more and more of shibuya will open up. And you'll find more shops.

Speaking of which, is there a way to tell which characters like what food? I gave them some to try and boost certain stats, and only after I actually fed it to them did I get any kind of reaction ("yuck", etc). So I have no clue. And actually, I'm not even entirely sure what feeding them stuff they don't like does, if it has a negative impact or whatever.

You can't really tell...but so far, I haven't had much trouble with that. and as for a negative impact...I think you get less synchro from eating it, but that's about it. (I THINK synchro affects how fast you get fusion stars, but I'm not totally sure)

Warlock
04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I tried auto-fast, that's a lot better. She at least doesn't stand there helplessly every so often :P

I was reading online that the icicle pin can evolve if you give it the "turn off your DS" type of PP, so I tried that (advance the DS clock ftw!). Now it shoots three icicles up and does a lot more damage - it's awesome :D

I also think I found a pretty good combo of pins, at least for now. I have that one, the one that shoots energy bullets, one that automatically does Defense Down on a lot of Noise at the start of battle, and since I recently got an extra slot, I put the soda can healing one back in (just in case, I rarely have to use it). I've been fighting everything at level 1 and it's been easy. It's crazy how on Day 4 you get rediculous amounts of money for killing stuff. Granted, stuff costs a rediculous amount as well now, but yeah :P

Aegix Drakan
04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
haha, good to hear.

And don't worry about getting more pins. At the point where I'm at, I get TONS of random pins (and very few money-only pins). While this is good for the collection...It annoying to have to drag 7 or so lovely beam pins to the trash one by one after each battle...

Oh, and just a friendly tip...if you see any Jellyfish shaped noise...

BEAT ON THEM LIKE A MADMAN. Do not give them any room to breathe. If you ignore them, they will start spawning more of them. And once you have, like, 10 of them on you... It takes a while to get rid of them all...(especially since as you take out one group of them, another group will be spawning more :( )

...So just...massacre the crap out of them while there are only 2 or 3...

bobby_C
04-27-2008, 03:24 AM
There's a trick to the jellyfishes, in that when they divide, mutants appear that cannot divide further. For example when you see blue and red ones, the blues are the ones you want to take out if you don't want them to multiply.

Warlock
04-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I really didn't have a problem with the jellyfishes. They are overall pretty weak. The kangaroos are the annoying ones :P And the crows that steal your pins.

Also, the second partner sucks horribly. I really hate him. I want Shiki back :(

Edit: Someone posted this over at the 1up boards:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1579/1209256406833ru1.jpg

That line cracked me up. It's like Nomura is taking a jab at himself :D

Warlock
04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Haha, pictures of the REAL Shibuya:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3007.html

That is so awesome. I swear they must have based the screen designs on these pictures because they match almost EXACTLY. It's funny how very slightly they changed the street/place names, and how easy it is to recognize which is which.

Masamune
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
So far I hate this game. I hate the main charcter, I hate the fighting system, and I hate the dialogue. And so far I've hated the limited amount of time I've actually spent playing the game, as opposed to skipping over the crummy dialogue.

Warlock
05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Haha, Tycho was talking about the game today:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/5/2/

My favorite quotes:

This is a game that makes digestion cool. Many games have food, it's classic really, but how many games model the size of your stomach? Foods act as buffs, with ongoing effects that last a certain number of battles, capped off with a permanent increase when they complete. This makes me so happy that I want to pop the fucking cartridge out and kiss it.

I mention in the podcast that the Japanese district of Shibuya (where the game apparently takes place) may have some global position but is no more "real" to me as a result. The name might as well be drawn from a Scrabble bag. I understand now, after having done research on the Internet, that young people there are known to be brand-obsessed. They can be forgiven for this, certainly. They're only trying to seize any advantage they can. Their Goddamned town is under perpetual demonic assault.

:D

Anyways, I think I am close to beating this. I have to keep contiously *stop* playing otherwise the damn game sucks away all of my time and before I know it, it's 2am and I have to get up for work in the morning :P Of course, I understand there is like a sidestory or something after you beat it, so I will have more to play still :P It's really a crazy game - everything you think you're going to beat it, the game keeps going ;) I don't quite understand the "it's very short" comments I keep seeing, given that I've sunk at least 15-20 hours into this I bet already (I wonder if this is recorded anywhere). I mean, it's not Final Fantasy long, but damn, it's long enough for a handheld title.

AtmaWeapon
05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I really like the game for its art and music; more and more I am appreciating how well all of the factors of a game comes together and this game is a work of modern art. However, I have to agree with some of Masamune's sentiments: the first hour or so of the game was little more than a frustrating series of "dialog -> battle explaining a new skill -> dialog -> battle -> dialog -> movement -> battle..." Even late into day 3 I was still experiencing stupid flashback cutscenes to teach me to use skills. So far on day 4 I haven't seen any of it happen, but I have no doubt that before the end of this day I'll find out I've been carrying a pin that makes the partner ravenous for candy and I have to feed her candy periodically throughout the battle or she'll refuse to wear a shorter skirt that shows pubic hair instead of just the outlines of her crotch at the end of the game.

The real-time clock is a cool feature, but annoying. I don't want to muck with my DS clock to evolve pins, nor do I want to wait a day. A clock would be nicer on a 12-hour cycle.

Still, this game is hot stuff and I'm glad I got it.

AtmaWeapon
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I really want to have more discussion about this game.

Is it just me, or when you get to the part where -=SPOILER=-, does the difficulty take a huge kick in the pants? I've been having a simply awful time of it and I've had to grind like crazy, which is hard because I can't survive a 4-chain battle without taking healing pins, which pisses me off because I'm trying to max other pins.

Warlock
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I really want to have more discussion about this game.

Is it just me, or when you get to the part where -=SPOILER=-, does the difficulty take a huge kick in the pants? I've been having a simply awful time of it and I've had to grind like crazy, which is hard because I can't survive a 4-chain battle without taking healing pins, which pisses me off because I'm trying to max other pins.

Yes, there are a few spots like that. Later on he will be crazy powerful though, but unfortunately not for very long (maybe 2 days worth).

What you want to do is try to boost his defense as much as possible. Think of it like having to build up a level 1 character all over again. To start out with, if you are having trouble, you may want to keep you level somewhat high (i.e. not level 1), until he eats enough food, etc. to not be such a liability.

Anyways, regarding your other post. Yes, there is kind of a lengthy tutorial. However the battle system is so freaking complex that it's kind of necessary.

As for the "real time" pin evolution, it's seriously better than you think. For one, it's not necessary to do at all. You could play the entire game without using shut down PP at all. But you'll also be surprised just how much it helps, without manipulating the DS clock. I mean, you can't play the game 24/7. So yes, you'll get a decent amount of this PP just in between play sessions.

Now of course, if you are absolutely after every pin, then yes, you do have to manipulate the DS clock, or else be crazy patient. But if you look this stuff up ahead of time, it's really not a lot of work - you just equip as many pins that evolve via SDPP as possible, and boost the DS clock up by a few days. Once you're done, save, then set it back to normal. No problem :)

P.S. - http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_Ends_With_You

Good source for pin lists and such.

AtmaWeapon
05-06-2008, 01:01 AM
It turns out that part of the challenge seems to be I tried Hard difficulty and never turned it back off, but I agree with you. Once I spent a while grinding, got some defense stickers, and found a new set of pins I liked I'm kicking butt. This game is fun :)

Warlock
05-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I finally "beat" this last night (that is to say, I killed the last boss.. there is still quite a bit more to do after you beat it though). The, I think, third to last fight is freaking insane and I am convinced that I did something wrong, because I turned my level all the way up and still had a rediculously hard time with it (well, one aspect of it). By contrast, the last boss was not that bad with all my fancy HP :P But, you know, he didn't take my freaking pins away.

Edit: Ok, I looked it up.. Yeah, I don't know *how* I could overlook THAT :rolleyes:

Anyways, Penny Arcade is talking about the game again:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/5/7/

I went over some of the basic ideas in The World Ends With You in the hopes that you might get curious enough to play it and learn the rest yourself, but now I can't stop thinking about how delicious they are. I hope you will tolerate another detour into that game's strange cosmology.

I mentioned before the different ways its collectable "pins" project into many different systems, but I have to take a moment to specifically address the idea of MPP, or the experience points you receive from other players.

Tracked distinctly from "Battle PP" (the kind one receives from old-fashioned murder) and "Shutdown PP" (a type of experience you get from not playing, strangely enough), Mingle PP is generated anytime your system comes into contact with another DS. Mingle is a mode you earn, and once you have it, you can set your system to this mode. At this point, any DS wireless signal is going to dish up this special sauce, which is required by some pins to evolve. You get more PP if the other person is in Mingle Mode themselves, but any advancement you get just by walking around is better than a poke in the eye.

I need to express how completely I love this mechanism. There are other games that have this "bark mode" functionality, but this is a tight integration with real systemic meat. Because only the pins you have currently equipped gain the benefits, you have new decisions to make now: what pins do I want to refine, while I'm away? Sitting at my desk with the system open, it feels like the electronic version of spontaneous fermentation. Just so we're clear, that's a good thing.

As you play the game in single player, you enter different shops and meet different shopkeepers. An interesting aspect of Mingle Mode is that you can set your system to have its own shopkeeper, in any shop you want, with any music you want, who will sell a portion of your inventory to other players. They'll even sell things that you worked really hard to get, weird things, like those which would ordinarily require rare materials. These stores are listed in your "Friends" menu, and if your friend makes a purchase from your store you'll get paid next time you see them. Seriously, I'm not fucking kidding. I love this game.

You can also contact "Aliens" while you're mingling, mysterious creatures who dish up a comparatively ridiculous amount of PP. At first I assumed Aliens were another kind of signal, but I think now that Aliens are a cool way to make the entire game available to players who don't have a crew they can farm experience with. They're essentially random drops, lucky rolls, and their extraordinary reward coupled with their funny descriptions always equal joy.

The last way you earn MPP is by playing "Tin Pin Slammer," a four player minigame you can buy in a shop. It's like a bad-ass version of Marbles, loaded up with crazy stats and special moves. I unlocked this right about the time I thought the game couldn't get any better.

Aegix Drakan
05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
:P I beat the game last night too. I could not put it down, despite the fact that I had to get up early.

and holy crap, I did not see most of that coming 0_o. The ending...holy crap...so much insanity...

:P and the final form of the last boss was CAKE for me. I had this pin, I think it's called "self found, other lost" or something like that. If you tap like crazy, it sprays sparks all over. ...considering all the stuff involved in that fight...he went down FAST.

so now I'm going though the incredible end-game options, and wow...I still have a massive load to do!

^_^ I smell a handheld game of the year title here!

Warlock
05-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Have you played the extra mode yet? It's freaking hilarious.. All of the dialog is very over-the-top, it's great. "Must... fight... emo urges..."

Make sure you go to Udagawa Back Streets and talk to Joshua for a HILARIOUS conversation about Shiki in this mode (which I won't spoil but if you've even beaten the first week you'll know what I'm talking about).

I didn't have a ton of time to mess around with it (it was friggin' 1:30 in the morning, this game is too freaking addictive), but so far it has been very funny.

AtmaWeapon
05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm lagging on Day 6 of the Joshua game because it's too fun to grind in this game and I'm having fun finding good pin synergies.

I'd love to grind on hard difficulty but I've apparently got lots of power to gain; every time I do it I end up in a fight with those crabs and between getting tossed back and forth and having boomerangs thrown at me I go down fast. Even when I pick out pins that tie the crabs up really well with a combo, I die because that jerk Joshua sucks at dodging. If I take my eyes off the bottom screen to tend to him, I lose Neku.

Crabs are the new metroids. :mad:

Warlock
05-08-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm lagging on Day 6 of the Joshua game because it's too fun to grind in this game and I'm having fun finding good pin synergies.

I'd love to grind on hard difficulty but I've apparently got lots of power to gain; every time I do it I end up in a fight with those crabs and between getting tossed back and forth and having boomerangs thrown at me I go down fast. Even when I pick out pins that tie the crabs up really well with a combo, I die because that jerk Joshua sucks at dodging. If I take my eyes off the bottom screen to tend to him, I lose Neku.

Crabs are the new metroids. :mad:

haha... can he jump yet? You dodge them by jumping (or laying the smack down on them, assuming Joshua has gotten his "crazy death beams" :P I can't remember if you get that Day 6 or 7...)

Or you know, just beat the crap out of them with Neku and then Joshua doesn't have to worry about them at all :)

AtmaWeapon
05-08-2008, 08:16 PM
He could jump, but the crabs could too. Those things are really evil. I just beat Joshua day 7 though, so I don't have to worry about that for a while again, either. I'm trying not to read too many spoilers, but it's obvious to me there's probably some kind of serious New Game + action once you beat it. I mean, how else am I supposed to fill the noise report out for bosses on difficulty levels I haven't even unlocked yet ;)

Warlock
05-08-2008, 08:36 PM
He could jump, but the crabs could too. Those things are really evil. I just beat Joshua day 7 though, so I don't have to worry about that for a while again, either. I'm trying not to read too many spoilers, but it's obvious to me there's probably some kind of serious New Game + action once you beat it. I mean, how else am I supposed to fill the noise report out for bosses on difficulty levels I haven't even unlocked yet ;)

Yeah, you can replay any day you want when you beat it. Plus they add some extra objectives to each day, which is kind of nice.

AtmaWeapon
05-11-2008, 10:52 AM
So... the Wikipedia article claims the soundtrack is for sale in the Square-Enix online store, but when I went to what looked like the online store, all I could find was Final Fantasy merchandise. Google searching for "The World Ends With You (soundtrack|OST)" and even "Subarashiki Kono Sekai (soundtrack|OST)" brought me lots of torrents, but I wanted the real deal.

For some reason, the real Square-Enix store is the one you get to by clicking "Store" from the main Square-Enix North America page (http://www.square-enix.com/na/index_f2.html). If you Google search for "Square Enix Online store", you get to some crazy site that only contains Final Fantasy merchandise and no music.

If you just want to get to the CD, here's your direct link: http://www.shopcdsbooks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=9780099270409&Category_Code=MSCD&Store_Code=SQX

Warlock
05-11-2008, 03:26 PM
You can buy it on iTunes right now. I don't believe there is a physical CD (in English) ATM tho.

AtmaWeapon
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't want to buy it from iTunes for the following reasons: No box art. No physical CD. DRM limitations of how many times I can burn a CD. If Apple ever gets trumped (and the music industry wants this, mind you) and their DRM stops working, what happens to my files? CD quality > ITMS encoded quality.I hope video game companies are listening; this is a neat distribution method but there are guys like me who will pay a premium to import this stuff ;)

The art for this game was top-notch, and the consistent graphical style in combination with the complimentary urban soundtrack is 90% of the reason this game is awesome to me. Putting the tunes on a blank, uninteresting burned CD seems almost sacrilegious to me. I just bought a GPS thing for my car though so it's going to have to wait for next paycheck :D

If they had picked Amazon.com's DRM-free music service, I might be more interested, but I still really want the CD itself. Also, at $.99/track, I think it comes out as more expensive to buy it from iTunes than to purchase and ship it (this is assuming there's no discount for buying the entire album, which there may be.)

AtmaWeapon
05-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Double-post for update; thread's a week old so I figure it's no big deal.

The soundtrack came in today. It's my new favorite CD! It seems like most of the tracks in the game are lower-quality loops of larger tracks; not only are they compressed but I think some of the instrument tracks are missing (though I haven't put it to a headphones test to see -- the DS speakers are pretty cruddy). I recommend it, even in the iTunes form, to you guys.

Also I finally figured out why the game was so hard for me: no one told me that defense was such a broken stat. I started hardcore farming dark and shadow matter to get scarletite, so I started beefing the defense of my characters. If you have a defense of about 50, you're practically invincible. During the game, I'd been shoveling everything into HP because I figured more HP = live longer, but I'd be willing to bet each extra defense point is worth a few hundred extra HP. If you're still farming/collecting, do yourself a favor and start pumping defense NOW. It's kind of retarded that I can play on Ultimate and take no damage except from the strongest of bosses :cool:

Warlock
05-23-2008, 12:33 AM
BTW, Taboo Sho ftw :)

Oh, and I've been busy :P
http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/User:WarlockSoL

Dann Woolf
06-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh, and just a friendly tip...if you see any Jellyfish shaped noise...

BEAT ON THEM LIKE A MADMAN. Do not give them any room to breathe. If you ignore them, they will start spawning more of them. And once you have, like, 10 of them on you... It takes a while to get rid of them all...(especially since as you take out one group of them, another group will be spawning more :( )

...So just...massacre the crap out of them while there are only 2 or 3...

Wouldn't you want them to keep spawning so you can keep beating on them?

You'd get shitloads of PP and pins that way.

Also, in response to Masamune hating this game so much: there's a pin called Masamune in the game. Thought you'd like to know that :)

Yeah, you can replay any day you want when you beat it. Plus they add some extra objectives to each day, which is kind of nice.

About damn time, a game that lets you refight bosses.

More games need that function.

Warlock
06-14-2008, 07:17 PM
About damn time, a game that lets you refight bosses.

More games need that function.

Not only that, but it adds a couple extra bosses as "optional fights" too.

Dann Woolf
06-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Not only that, but it adds a couple extra bosses as "optional fights" too.

I know, it's awesome.

I hope more games have this kind of stuff from now on. There are certain bosses in games I enjoyed fighting so much I'd love to be able to keep challenging them.

Here's looking at you Stallord.