PDA

View Full Version : SotW 1 (winner is Plissken)

Pineconn
04-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome one, welcome all to the first AGN Screenshot of the Week contest! We have seven entries for you to ponder over. Make sure to truly examine every screenshot, then pick the one you think is the best. Good luck to every entrant!

Plissken

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8997/zelda001cp1.png

This place is too big, where am I now?

Russadwan

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/Russ-/AGNSotW1.jpg

Link: She made it sound so simple. "Just walk into the temple and get the Triforce Piece." And now this maze just keeps going. Why do I always get caught up in these things?

Blaman

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/Blaman_1/zelda004-1.jpg

Dood! The prinny's gonna blow!! RUN!

Sam Atoms

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/RoUE.png

If Link wants to set foot in that shrine he will need all his ninja skills.

Mighty Darknut

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/md_sotw1.jpg

What's going on?

Joe123

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/Joe123ZC/FFA%20Tileset%20Screenshots/zelda044.jpg

Gleeok

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda022-2.png

And so one man, and a monkey, set off to save the future of Earth from a ruthless alien menace. ...Monkey, did you paint the spaceship pink again? (click here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1174773&postcount=12) for full caption)

Joe123
04-21-2008, 03:20 PM
What'd you do with Revfan's entry Pineconn?

Revfan9
04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I sent it to Amaster and Joe just like it said in the topic. What happened?

Pineconn
04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Please send submissions to all of the following managers: Joe123, Amaster42, Pineconn, russadwan, and bobrocks95.

I never got it. :shrug: So as a result, you'll enter SotW 2. Sorry.

Revfan9
04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Meh, that's alright I guess. I'll just sit this one out :p

Anyhow, let's tear all of these down. Lot of entries, but that's really to be expected. Nothing too special here in terms of tile selection, but ah well. Without any further adieu...

Plissken: This one gets my vote. It's a fairly well-made DoR shot, and I only have a couple of complaints. First off, there isn't much variation in terms of what's on the ground. There also seems to be a lot of walkability issues and it just feels overly crowded as a whole. I really don't like the perspective on the castle tiles. Fix that. Or better yet, get new ones altogether. Finally, the palette looks a bit washed out. I'm really a fan of low-saturation palettes, but the general rule with palettes is to make them high saturation, high luminosity, low saturation, low luminosity. Here, the palette is low-saturated, but it's bright as well. Either heighten the saturation, or darken it.

Russadwan: JPG... eww... The distortion of the JPG here really kills it, along with the dark, high-saturated palette. The shadows look just plain wrong and there's no variety anywhere, aside from the randomly placed trees. Along with the tile inconsistencies. The tile selection is nothing special either. I'm really starting to hate Radien for putting the SD3 grass in the DoR set, cause now we're seeing it being used in ugly shots everywhere. One last quip, why does the water look like radioactive dog shit?

Blaman: "Blah" really defines this shot. The general layout of the shot isn't too bad for the Pure tileset, my complaint with it is that there is far too much monotony with the mountains. Why couldn't more than 1 type of tree be used? And why not more details on the water? I also don't like some of the walkoff issues here, and the part at the top with the trees all lined up really hurts this shot... AND WHY IS IT JPG!?

Sam Atoms: A really, really basic GBZ shot. Same problem as the other screens, no variety on any of the tiles, not to mention the perspective issues as well as the tile errors and the really badly drawn sky.

Sharon: Big, empty, ugly palette, no ground details... etc. Repeats a lot of the same elements, making it just plain boring to look at. Not much else to say.

Joe123: First, I must commend you and Gleeock for being the only members on this poll to give us shots that aren't in Pure. Now on with it... Seeing that you used your FFA tileset, I have to give you points for creativity, but the rest of the shot fails. Color issues, space issues, perspective issues... Why is the castle shiny plastic?

Gleeock: "Hey guys, let's spill grey paint all over the screen, then put a shitload of plastic toy spaceships on it!" Nothing else needs to be said.

Joe123
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Why is the castle shiny plastic?

That's how Square drew it ^_^

bobrocks95
04-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, in Joe's defense, that's exactly how a screen like that would look, if you've ever played FFA.

Gleeok-Were those tiles ripped? If they were hand-drawn, thumbs up, though I'm hoping that whole game wouldn't be over a dark, cloudy sky.

Russ-The shadows are a little off.... I'm going to assume the water looks like it does for a certain purpose.

Joe123
04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh I don't need defending about the screen design, it's pretty crappy =P

It was an example screen I knocked up when I'd finished 2 months of ripping and organising and fancied actually doing something with the set.
It's not even from my actual FFA game.

Just, you know, I can't do much about the 'plastic' castle =P

Shazza Dani
04-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Sharon: Big, empty, ugly palette, no ground details... etc. Repeats a lot of the same elements, making it just plain boring to look at. Not much else to say.

I can't argue with those points. :P About the palette though, it's the LttP Darkworld palette that I made to fit Pure, not custom. So it's not my fault that it's ugly (aside from the fact I chose to use it).

I'll have something much better next week.

Joe123
04-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Sharon?

Are you SD?

Shazza Dani
04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Sharon?

Are you SD?

Indeed. :P

bobrocks95
04-21-2008, 05:18 PM
As a note to those interested:
The full version of Gleeok's caption!

And so one man, and a monkey, set off to save the future of Earth from a ruthless alien menace. We would've sent more ships, but due to the advent of the cheese-ray, over 90 percent of the Earth is now covered in cheese, and the budget for the development of a device that can use cheese as a form of super-efficient fuel has, very regretfully, been turned to cheese also. 0_o So one brave fighter sets out to confront the entire enemy fleet, outnumbered one billion-to-one. How hard could it be, right? ...Wait a minute; Oh Damn it! ...Monkey, Did you paint the spaceship pink again? Gah, you did, didn't you! ...Why don't we just put a giant bullseye on the thing with a big sign that says; "Shoot here to win"...Ugh...where did you say got your license from again?..The Internet? ..Earth is doomed.....

Joe123
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM

Oh lol

ok =P

erm2003
04-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Nice entries everyone! I am glad to see a lot of participation already. I really think Plissken's entry stands out this week. I love the colors you have going on there. That is going to be a very nice looking quest and I have seen a lot of great things coming from you. Keep up the good work.

Pineconn
04-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Okay, I'm jumping in.

Plissken: I almost hate to jump on the bandwagon like Revfan forewarned, but I truly feel that this is the best screen. Clearly every detail was looked at, but don't include so much detail that it is overcrowded. But overall, the shot is very pleasant to look at.

Russadwan: Ever since they were introduced, I've never stopped hating those walls. The shadow is a bit dark, and the water... shouldn't it be blue (unless it's poisonous or something)? Blue water would add a nice bit of color to the screen so that it isn't all green.

Blaman: A little bland (probably mainly due to the tall mountain), but still a nice shot with lots of color.

Sam Atoms: A good shot for Game Boy graphics. I really like the palette for some reason; it gives the shot some energy.

Mighty Darknut: Not much to say, other than some details appear to be random.

Joe123: Having never played FFA, I can't really comment on this. As Revfan mentioned, there are a few perspective issues (I'm looking at the water/waterfall).

Gleeok: This shot looks really nice (especially the intricacy of the layers of clouds), but it isn't really SotW-material. It's just a backdrop and a few sprites.

Gleeok
04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
First off; Congrats to everyone on getting Sotw started. There's some great looking shots here, and even a shot from Sam Atoms! :thumbsup: I don't think I've seen one from you before. I still haven't made up my mind yet for the vote, I'm kinda stuck between Russ and Plissken. Great screens you two.

I'm mainly aiming at revfan here, but note that there was some confusion on the actual deadline, so consequently some shots were rushed.

Gleeok-Were those tiles ripped? If they were hand-drawn, thumbs up, though I'm hoping that whole game wouldn't be over a dark, cloudy sky.
Yeah, kinda half½ ripped, arranged, and redrawn. I thought zc needed some clouds that actually looked liked clouds. Feel free to use them. Might look good with some layering effects.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda002-4.pnghttp://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda003-2.png

I'm sorry revfan, in your infinite aesthetic wisdom, that you don't like my clouds. Maybe I should use only three colors and make them poofy for you, but then you'd just say something like: "if I wanted cotton candy I'd go to the fair". ;)

As a note to those interested:
The full version of Gleeok's caption!

Quote:
And so one man, and a monkey, set off to save the future of Earth from a ruthless alien menace. We would've sent more ships, but due to the advent of the cheese-ray, over 90 percent of the Earth is now covered in cheese, and the budget for the development of a device that can use cheese as a form of super-efficient fuel has, very regretfully, been turned to cheese also. 0_o So one brave fighter sets out to confront the entire enemy fleet, outnumbered one billion-to-one. How hard could it be, right? ...Wait a minute; Oh Damn it! ...Monkey, Did you paint the spaceship pink again? Gah, you did, didn't you! ...Why don't we just put a giant bullseye on the thing with a big sign that says; "Shoot here to win"...Ugh...where did you say got your license from again?..The Internet? ..Earth is doomed.....

And Pineconn, what the hell man? Is your copy/paste function broken or something? It's not that hard to do. I'm in disbelief that you could manage to somehow screw up my shot on purpose. So it's not the best shot by any means, big deal. It's not exactly a Triforce/dungeon ridden quest is it. You can't look at the shot and know what is going on like a screen with Link in it. No, you need an alternate way to glimpse into a tiny bit of the game itself, which might put the picture in a context regarding an actual plot....Alright dude, PM time, you and me; :)

Pineconn
04-21-2008, 09:33 PM
PMed.

This is a screenshot contest, not a story/plot/caption contest. I don't know how you do it over at Pure, but here, votes can't be swayed by "lolol that capshun is teh funies." I am now limiting each caption to 50 words.

On a brighter note, I'm glad to see we got 10 11 13 16 votes in one day already.

Beldaran
04-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I think I like the look of Plisskens a little better, but I'm intrigued by the idea and the ambience of russadwan's. So I voted for russadwans because I thought it was really cool both graphically and conceptually, despite the fact that I thought Plisskens was slightly better looking.

Gleeok
04-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I too ended up voting for russadwan. That Screen is the most innovative use of ground tiles I thought. You can see the passing of time with the grass growing over the floor onto the water. Very nice. :)

Russ
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
You know what, I had this contest easily until Plissken made a last minute entry. Dang it, I was hoping I could win it easily. But now he has twice as many votes as I do. At least four people voted for me. :)

Icey
04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
I really liked Gleeok's clouds, and was thinking of voting for his, but in the end, I had to choose russadwan. His image is just conceptually very nice, it's very clean, and it stands out quite well.

Russ
04-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Yay, I got another two votes! Plissken's is still twice as far ahead as mine, but at least I got six votes! Thanks to everyone who voted for me! You know, I swear I've seen Plissken's shot in a Pure ZC SotW before. Maybe we should make a rule that if you have entered a screenshot at Pure ZC's SotW, you can't re-enter it here.

Hey, I never knew that.

Okay, I'm jumping in.
Russadwan: Ever since they were introduced, I've never stopped hating those walls. The shadow is a bit dark, and the water... shouldn't it be blue (unless it's poisonous or something)? Blue water would add a nice bit of color to the screen so that it isn't all green.

You know, I've always loved those walls. I don't know why you dislike them. As for the shadow and the water, they have to remain that color because of the palette's limitations, and I don't feel like creating a whole new palette (not to mention I would completely mess it up). Besides, the wtere is transparent. It's the floor underneath it that's green.

Shazza Dani
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Okay, I'm jumping in.
Russadwan: Ever since they were introduced, I've never stopped hating those walls.

Ditto. Sorry to the artist (ShadowTiger, I think), but I think they're ugly. Especially the grey mess on top.

Joe123
04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Maybe we should make a rule that if you have entered a screenshot at Pure ZC's SotW, you can't re-enter it here.

Why?

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Cool, this place got a SoTW? Awesome!

But why wouldn't we be allowed to re-enter it here if it won over there?! I'm going to enter next week!(Probably with an old shot that I entered at Pure a while ago)

EDIT: By the way, voted for Pineconn, for obvious reasons. Second choice would've been Russ.

Plissken
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Russ, same tileset =/= same shot. Go look for more than two seconds over at Pure's archive and you'll see that. I've seen almost everyone who regularly enters SotW over at Pure enter in different shots from a similar area or same style.

Thanks to everyone voting for me so far! It's great to be able to participate in the very first SotW somewhere.

EDIT: Wow, in fact I just realized. This is the first place anyone's seen that shot before. So please, don't think I just re-enter old winning stuff to...uh...I really can't think of a reason why I'd do it.

Pineconn
04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
We won't allow previous PureZC SotW winners, but I have no problem with submissions from PureZC contests that did not win. After checking, Plissken won a SotW contest with a different, though similar, shot.

(EDIT 9/30/08: Whatever.)

BTW, we're still accepting screenshot submissions for SotW 2. I believe we have only one so far.

Joe123
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
We won't allow previous PureZC SotW winners.

*grumble*
Why not?

I mean, this contest isn't linked to PureZC's anymore than AGN is to PZC

Pineconn
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Um, because they already won. It wouldn't be fair for other submitters to get screwed by a screen that has already been honored.

Joe123
04-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Well there goes my plan for the next one ¬_¬

It's not very fair on the person entering it having their options cut down because of another, unrelated event.

Then again though, I can see where you're coming from :shrug:

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
*Nods*

Fair enough. I've only won at PureZC twice, so most of my shots are still fair game, then. I'll be submitting shortly.

Russ
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
We won't allow previous PureZC SotW winners, but I have no problem with submissions from PureZC contests that did not win. After checking, Plissken won a SotW contest with a different, though similar, shot.

Sounds fair.

*Nods*

Fair enough. I've only won at PureZC twice, so most of my shots are still fair game, then. I'll be submitting shortly.
Well, there goes any chance of me winning. Oh well, at least I can get a vote here. Any time I enter at Pure ZC, I don't get a single vote.

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, dude, don't be discouraged! Just 'cause I'm entering doesn't mean you're screwed. Your last week's entry was very good.(Better than at least 2 or 3 of my entries at Pure). Besides, I'm going in chronological order for re-entering my shots(the ones I like, at least) so my best ones might not be for a bit.

I sent my entry to Russ, Pineconn and Joe. Did you all receive it?(And is it really necessary for me to send it to Bobrocks and Amaster?)

bobrocks95
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
It's preferred that you send it to me and Amaster as well, for the time being. Soon we should have another user set up, in which case that would no longer be necessary.

Tacomaster22
04-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Yay, I got another two votes! Plissken's is still twice as far ahead as mine, but at least I got six votes! Thanks to everyone who voted for me! You know, I swear I've seen Plissken's shot in a Pure ZC SotW before. Maybe we should make a rule that if you have entered a screenshot at Pure ZC's SotW, you can't re-enter it here.

That's a load of poppy-cock if I ever saw it. He only made it on Sunday, and if I'm correct, Sunday was, ooh let's see, three days ago? So on a technicality you're cheating in a way. And to be honest, I've never seen that screen before. Except when he posted it in chat, asking whether or not to submit it to AGN's SotW.

So therefore, you are lying Russadwan. EPIC FAIL.

And if I get banned because of this, meh.

bobrocks95
04-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm.... Pretty sure the screen wasn't made on Sunday, only submitted then. And we've now determined that a very similar screen won at Pure, and Russ was only guessing based on that screen.

Tacomaster22
04-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Plissken hasn't won a PureZC SotW since SotW 193. And the screen isn't even similar! Sure, it might be the same area, but that doesn't mean it's the same flipping screenshot.

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 07:58 PM
That's a load of poppy-cock if I ever saw it. He only made it on Sunday, and if I'm correct, Sunday was, ooh let's see, three days ago? So on a technicality you're cheating in a way. And to be honest, I've never seen that screen before. Except when he posted it in chat, asking whether or not to submit it to AGN's SotW.

So therefore, you are lying Russadwan. EPIC FAIL.

And if I get banned because of this, meh.

Russadwan was simply mistaken.(It is a very similar shot) I don't think you should be banned for that post, but... c'mon, be nice, nobody here is trying to be malicious.

(BTW, because of your name... are you Taco Chopper?)

Plissken
04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
-.-

Ok, yes I did make that screen on last sunday, and yes I entered another screen from that same area over at Pure. I've seen other people enter 'similar shots' before, and until people got to about 4-5 shots of the same style people didn't really care. I'd appreciate it if we could just move on, the subject isn't that big of a deal.

EDIT: Just saw LiH's post: Similar shot or not, it's a different shot, and two different contests. Unless I start duplicated all my 'winnings' over at pure (have one) it doesn't matter. Two different sites, two different competitions.

Tacomaster22
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Russadwan was simply mistaken.(It is a very similar shot) I don't think you should be banned for that post, but... c'mon, be nice, nobody here is trying to be malicious.

(BTW, because of your name... are you Taco Chopper?)

Simply mistaken? Meh. I've watched you and him spam the Pure boards endlessly and turn it into the place it is now. It's angered everyone, to be honest. We're just too lazy to say it to you out loud.

Yes, I am Taco Chopper. Don't ask. It's a long story.

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I never said that shot should be illegitimate, only that it would be easy for Russ to get it mistaken. I think it's a wonderful shot, and I voted for you.

Simply mistaken? Meh. I've watched you and him spam the Pure boards endlessly and turn it into the place it is now. It's angered everyone, to be honest. We're just too lazy to say it to you out loud.

:(

Hey, I thought we were cool now that I've taken a spamming chill-pill?

EDIT: Yeah, wait, weren't we just talking like... uh... friends about music not too long ago? Are you just pissed today or something?

Tacomaster22
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
:(

Who knows, and who cares. I don't think Russ has. All the new noobs annoy me.

But enough of me. I think everyone's probably not wanting an outburst from someone on the first SotW at AGN. Mind, this is probably the most amount of posts I've made here in a day.

The_Amaster
04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Actually, Joe and I are the two most in charge in SotW. Russ and Bobrocks are in charge of Gemstone. And Pineconn just kinda covers everything.

Just a friendly FYI. ;)

I couldn't think of anything constructive, that's why I haven't posted yet. They all just look good. Although Plissken's and Russ' are the best, and I really like Joe's for some reason. Just the old-school retro look.

Russ
04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Is it just me, or is this thread spiraling off topic?

Ah, that avatar incedent. LiH, I'd say he's just in a bad mood, ignore it.
Edit:

I don't think Russ has
What is that supposed to mean!? Are you accusing me of something?

Tacomaster22
04-22-2008, 08:11 PM
LiH, I'd say he's just in a bad mood, ignore it.

I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just telling the truth.

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Amaster- Oops, I thought it was Joe and Russ over here and you and Bob over there, I'll send my shot to you in a minute.

I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just telling the truth.

*Ahem*

EDIT: Yeah, wait, weren't we just talking like... uh... friends about music not too long ago? Are you just pissed today or something?

C'mon. I thought you weren't pissed with me anymore. Holding grudges for somebody's behavior as a n00b ain't cool, dude.

Pineconn
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Is it just me, or is this thread spiraling off topic?

Yeah, but I personally find it funny. However, we're getting close to handing out some official warnings.

Plissken, I merged your posts for you.

The_Amaster
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Okay, I'm not a mod, but please, try to get back on topic. This is a thread for the discussion and evaluation of the SotW. I posted off-topic above because it was a misconception that might hamper future events, but please try to reserve personal stuff to other forums.

EDIT: Well, if Pineconn's alright with it...

Russ
04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah, but I personally find it funny.

I have to say, I find it somewhat funny too.

Okay, I'm not a mod, but please, try to get back on topic. This is a thread for the discussion and evaluation of the SotW. I posted off-topic above because it was a misconception that might hamper future events, but please try to reserve personal stuff to other forums.
Actually, to be technical, you are a mod of this forum, just without the privlages. So, ya, let's get back on topic.

bobrocks95
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Actually, Joe and I are the two most in charge in SotW. Russ and Bobrocks are in charge of Gemstone. And Pineconn just kinda covers everything.

Just a friendly FYI. ;)

I couldn't think of anything constructive, that's why I haven't posted yet. They all just look good. Although Plissken's and Russ' are the best, and I really like Joe's for some reason. Just the old-school retro look.

Whoops, I momentarily got our quest-making confused with this stuff:googly:.
You need to send it to at least Joe and Amaster, though it's preferred you send it to me and Russ as well for the time being.

And yes, this thread is way off topic. Russ made a slight error, it was pounced upon, past things were brought up from Pure, etc., but this isn't Pure. Please keep things like these for at least other sections, but not here.

Russ
04-22-2008, 08:20 PM
You know, we should ahve a general off topic forum, like how Pure ZC used to have the "DS" forum.

The_Amaster
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
We do. It's called "So..." ;)

You know, looking at Gleeoks more, I'm really appreciating the smoke and stuff. Cool.

Russ
04-22-2008, 08:22 PM
We do. It's called "So..." ;)
True, very true. Hey, has anyone noticed the new thread title which Pineconn edited back out?

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Okay, I've been looking for this "So..." forum, but cannot find it. Where is it?

BTW, sorry about going so off-topic, and I won't post here again. Funny new thread title- was that you, Pineconn?

I personally love how good a sport you're being("You" being the Mods here) about our off-topicness. It makes it easier to hear and understand.

The_Amaster
04-22-2008, 08:27 PM
BTW, sorry about going so off-topic, and I won't post here again.
Hope you don't mean forever, or that was sarcasm, because we value your input, and you can say stuff in the proper areas.
And So... is a thread of awesomness located in General Discussion.

Okay, after this point let's all keep on topic, eh?
Starting with my question of "Russ, is there any way to modify the pallete to make the water blue? It just looks kinda odd"

Russ
04-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Okay, I've been looking for this "So..." forum, but cannot find it. Where is it?

It's a comletly random thread located in General Discussion. But be warned, the subject of the topic can change in the blink of an eye.

Okay, after this point let's all keep on topic, eh?
Starting with my question of "Russ, is there any way to modify the pallete to make the water blue? It just looks kinda odd"
Agreed, back on topic.

Well, I guess it would be possible to make the water blue. I see what I can do with the palette editor.

LostInHyru1e
04-22-2008, 08:40 PM
By "Won't post here again", I meant I wouldn't respond to Taco or you or anything else off-topic, but I am now because we're back on topic and...

Russ- I'd say use a different CSet or 8-bit to get the water Blue, instead of editing your original CSet, because that might screw up your entire screen.

Russ
04-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Russ- I'd say use a different CSet or 8-bit to get the water Blue, instead of editing your original CSet, because that might screw up your entire screen.
Hm, it's worth a try I guess. I'll see what it looks like.

Shazza Dani
04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
BTW, we're still accepting screenshot submissions for SotW 2. I believe we have only one so far.

I'm going to submit a shot. Reming me again who I'm supposed to send it to; I'm a little confused about that.

SpykStorm
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
For me, it was close between Plissken and Russ.

Where will the winner's screenshot be displayed?

Russ
04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
For me, it was close between Plissken and Russ.

Where will the winner's screenshot be displayed?
I think we should have a tread called Current SotW". There is only one post, and each week, we edit it to include the weeks SotW. How does that sound?

And on a side note, I can't believe it's actually a close shot between mine and Plissken's. I can't believe I actually got six votes compared to his!

SpykStorm
04-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Sounds good. :)

Are y'all still accepting submissions for SotW 2?

Edit: Never mind. I found out.

LostInHyru1e
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
You should just have an archive thread that shows all previous winners.

BTW, did everybody get my shot that matters?

Joe123
04-23-2008, 02:48 AM
Urm, Taco Chopper?

Why is it necessary for you to bring your bad feelings from Pure over here?

bluedeath
04-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Go plissken! :D

Russ
04-23-2008, 10:40 AM
You should just have an archive thread that shows all previous winners.

That would work, but unlike Pure ZC, we don't have a spot on the homepage to put the current winner. So it would probably be better to have an archive thread and a current SotW winner thread.

LostInHyru1e
04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Whoever edits the Site skin should just make there be a spot on the Homepage. :) Perhaps near the top-left?

Russ
04-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Whoever edits the Site skin should just make there be a spot on the Homepage. :) Perhaps near the top-left?
I believe that would be DarkDragon, who already has enough work trying to make ZC 2.5. Wait, is it DarkDragon or War Lord or somebody else who does the ZC site's skin?

Pineconn
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
No..... we won't be able to get each SotW onto the Zelda Classic homepage. Warp pipe dream, unfortunately.

We have three SotW 2 entries and we're still accepting more. Also, it looks like Plissken has this contest wrapped up. :p

Revfan9
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Is my entry already in there from when I entered it for this one, or do I have to re-send it?

The_Amaster
04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Nope, you're already in. :cool:

EDIT: Wow, that smiley looks weird under my avatar.

LostInHyru1e
04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
So, to establish: you have my shot, correct? And the next SoTW gets posted on Monday, right? Any specified time or just whenever?

bobrocks95
04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
No specific time, but definitely that day. Though, 3 submissions isn't the best number. However, I'm sure this wouldn't postpone it.

Pineconn
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
[You beat me. Argh.]

We have an entry from Revfan, LostInHyru1e, and Blaman. Three entries are enough for a SotW... but four would be nicer. Even five.

Yeah, Monday at whatever time. Hopefully Amaster or Joe123 would set it up so it doesn't look like I do everything. :p

The_Amaster
04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I could post it really late Sunday night, or Monday afternoon. But Monday morning is out.

Shazza Dani
04-24-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm going to submit a shot. Reming me again who I'm supposed to send it to; I'm a little confused about that.

Pineconn
04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102105

The procedure will be changing starting with SotW 3, however. Instead of sending your screenshot to five people, you'll have to send it to only one. But for now, go with what the above link says.

Joe123
04-25-2008, 02:40 AM
I can post it monday morning if you like, I usually get up and check the forums for a few minutes before I go to college.

What do we actually do with that account though Pineconn?