PDA

View Full Version : XBox games are hard to use, apparently

Dark Nation
04-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Luckily, you can get them professionally installed:

http://consumerist.com/381845/let-best-buy-professionally-install-your-xbox-games

MottZilla
04-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm not surprised. BestBuy doesn't exactly have top-notch people working for them. Maybe they put those on it cause they would need help installing it themselves. :p

AlphaDawg
04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
As a former Worst Buy employee, I can affirm what the guy making the first comment said, that the games were most likely put in a case that previously held PC software such as Windows, or Office, or (god forbid) WoW. I don't suppose anybody reading this post would need help installing retail PC software either, but trust me, there are plenty of people who do!

Of course the only reason the games are in those cases in the first place is because people won't stop stealing them!

It is also true that employees are instructed to put those labels on EVERYTHING, from video cards to hard drives to DVD writers (external ones too).

Call me when BestBuy starts placing "Let Us Open It" stickers on products sold in blister packs.QFT. Those things are a bitch to open, even when using a box cutter! I may pay a couple bucks for that service. Again, they're only sold in those kind of packages to deter theft.

So the moral of the story is: stop stealing shit from Worst Buy!

MottZilla
04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
So true Alpha. But unfortunately we all know they aren't going away as people will continue to attempt to steal things forever. But what you said explains it perfectly, reused PC anti-theft cases.

Nicholas Steel
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
What is QFT? i've been wondering about that abbreviation/acronym for a while now >.<

Gerudo
04-21-2008, 08:03 PM
What is QFT? i've been wondering about that abbreviation/acronym for a while now >.<
Quoted For Truth

biggiy05
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM

quoted for truth.

cbailey78
04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Imagine what would happen if expensive are in CAST IRON blister package instead of plastic?

Aegix Drakan
04-22-2008, 12:50 PM
:P why not just go all the way and put a modified taser on it, so that the second you try to leave the store, it zaps you to death?

Warlock
04-22-2008, 01:42 PM
QFT. Those things are a bitch to open, even when using a box cutter! I may pay a couple bucks for that service. Again, they're only sold in those kind of packages to deter theft.

So the moral of the story is: stop stealing shit from Worst Buy!

Yes, I hate blister packs. They always remind me of this:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020930h.gif

:D