PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Link?

SpacemanDan
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I remeber reading a long while back that you could enemies make Link "drunk" which would mess with the controls for awhile. Is this still possible to do, because I've looked at the wiki and haven't seen anything related to it.

XMuppetSB
04-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Uh... This feature isn't implemented yet. But it will be when _L_ starts working on his New Enemy Misc Attributes.
See this thread for details: http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97010

SpacemanDan
04-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh, I thought they were implemented a long while back, but were taken out later. Sorry about that.

Din
04-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I remember a scripting command called, LINK_DRUNK in Shardstorm. It says that it makes the screen very wavy, and messes up the controls. I think it was an Item Command, not sure. I do believe there is an ability to make Link Drunk via Scripting. But enemy wise, not yet.

Linkus
04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
What about Drunk Link?
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4334/drunklinklo4.gif
Well, as you can see, Link doesn't hold the local brew very easily.

...Back to the point. I'm sure that you can simply imitate the effect with a script that utilizes the random() command and using a combination of the Link->Dir and boolean statements. Not to mention add a "timer" so that the effects aren't permanent.

Joe123
04-20-2008, 06:20 PM
What is this 'random()' feature?

Linkus
04-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, I mean int Rand():

int Rand(int maxvalue)
* Computes and returns a random integer i such that 0 <= i < maxvalue.
* The return value is undefined if maxvalue is 0 or negative.

The int Rand will randomly pick numbers, of which each can be "assigned" through booleans to affect Link in some way.

For instance--

import "std.zh"
itemscript booze(){
int t;
loop(){
t + 1;
int b;
int Rand(5) = b;
if (b = 5 && Link->Dir == 4) Link->X * -1 && Link->Dir == 2;
//...Alter directions, different speeds, affect attack and defense, etc...
if (t == 20){
breakloop()
}
Waitframe()
}
}

Joe123
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Ohhhh

Yah I know what Rand(); does, I just got confused.

What are loop() and breakloop()?

And this 't+1;' command?

I think you're gtting a bit confused.

Linkus
04-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Forget the script, it's not important. Just a pseudo-script to show how to set up the effects of "booze". But if still want to know, "t" is the integer that serves as the timer, so it wouldn't be permanent; "loop" is meant to be while() and "breakloop()" Quit().

I'd set up a proper script if I had the time...

Din
04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
* Added ZASM variable LINKDRUNK. This makes the screen wavy just like WAVY, but it also messes with Link's controls for awhile. This effect has actually been lying dormant in the code since before my time...

Sorry, I'm a little late. I managed to find the ZASM variable, LINKDRUNK. I was a little off apparently.

_L_
04-20-2008, 11:31 PM
To clarify this confusing manner:
* ZASM variable LINKDRUNK controls this function, much like WAVY etc.
* Link->Drunk doesn't exist yet.
* Yes, in the future you can make enemies that inflict this status effect.

Joe123
04-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Forget the script, it's not important. Just a pseudo-script to show how to set up the effects of "booze". But if still want to know, "t" is the integer that serves as the timer, so it wouldn't be permanent; "loop" is meant to be while() and "breakloop()" Quit().

I'd set up a proper script if I had the time...

Yah, but you can't just put 't+1;', cause there's no assignment.

You have to put 't+=1;'

SpacemanDan
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
To clarify this confusing manner:
* ZASM variable LINKDRUNK controls this function, much like WAVY etc.
* Link->Drunk doesn't exist yet.
* Yes, in the future you can make enemies that inflict this status effect.

When you say "in the future", is that referring to post 2.5, or during? (I'm not sure if that's considered a feature or not. Just curious.)