PDA

View Full Version : Rent question

rock_nog
04-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Okay, I know this may be a bit odd, but I was wondering... Years ago, I remember stumbling upon a website that allowed you to view average rent rates by neighborhood. I actually found it incredibly useful with regard to convincing my then-roommate that the apartment we were getting was actually a good deal (it actually was pretty clearly a good deal even without that website - but my then-roommate has this obsession about getting the most value - he's the kind of person who will waste huge chunks of time in the grocery store trying to decide whether to go with the name brand can of peas or the store brand which is $.05 cheaper).

Anyway, now that I find myself apartment hunting again, I realized that it would be a useful tool to narrow my search. Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't seem to remember what it was called, and have thus far been unable to find it. I was wondering if anyone else out there had heard of this, and could point me in the right direction. Yeah, I know, it's a total shot in the dark, but I figured it was worth a try.

Lilith
04-20-2008, 01:52 AM
---

Breaker
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM
http://www.zilpy.com/

http://moving.move.com/move/Tools/Closeup.asp?poe=homestore

Wow, that took me all of 2 seconds and 1 google search. You need to learn to Internets better.

rock_nog
04-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh, right, there we go. Thanks Breaker. Yeah yeah, I failed at a basic Google search, I know. My skills at the Internets just ain't what they used to be. What search terms did you use, anyway? Just trying to figure out how widely off the mark I was.

The_Amaster
04-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, I see the title of this thread and "La Vie Boehem" starts playing in my head. I don't even like the musical all that much...

Breaker
04-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh, right, there we go. Thanks Breaker. Yeah yeah, I failed at a basic Google search, I know. My skills at the Internets just ain't what they used to be. What search terms did you use, anyway? Just trying to figure out how widely off the mark I was.

"compare+neighborhood+rent"

rock_nog
04-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Ah, yes, I see... DUH! Well thanks, I'm just gonna go sit in a corner and feel like a dumbass.