PDA

View Full Version : My mom used to say...

Zaphod Q. IX
04-20-2008, 12:01 AM
that I'd sleep through an earthquake. Apparently she was right. (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080419/NEWS01/804190367) ;)

Not only did I sleep through it, I was in the shower during the aftershock and didn't feel that either. I did notice, later, that some pictures and candles were slightly off from where they should have been.

I'm just glad it wasn't any more powerful.

phattonez
04-20-2008, 12:45 AM
I pretty much slept through Northridge. I don't really feel earthquakes unless they're really strong and really short. Kind of nice since we get the occasional shake down here.

Icey
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Yeah I never feel earthquakes either. A consequence of being born and growng up in California, I guess.

Russ
04-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I seem to always feel them. Even small ones that barely shake the crust at all are sometimes detected by me.

The_Amaster
04-20-2008, 11:24 AM
My room is filled with cheap knickknacks that my rich, eccentric grandmother has given me over the years, and they all started rattling for like, 10 seconds. Woke me up, it was kinda creepy.

Aegix Drakan
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
:P I slept through a few when I was young.

But when I was about 14, I got lucky. I was up early on a saturday morning, playing DK 64 in my basement, when suddenly, the floor began to feel like jelly. I paused, froze for a sec, then laughed and enjoyed the weird feeling, since it wasn't likely to happen again.

:P It was kinda fun, actually.

Archibaldo
04-21-2008, 09:38 AM
I remember one time as a kid there was a small one that I slept right through. I didn't even notice it until my brother asked me if I felt it.

Lilith
04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
---

Cloral
04-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Earthquakes wake me up. When Northridge hit I was in Yosemite and it still woke me up. I couldn't feel it once I had awoken, but I remember looking at my watch, seeing it was 4:30, and wondering what the hell I was doing awake at that hour. The next day when we heard about the earthquake I put two and two together.

A lot of people are scared of earthquakes, but when you grow up with them they don't bother you all that much. Of course, that quake was in an area that doesn't get them very often, so the buildings there probably don't have the same quake safety codes we have here in CA. That part would make me a bit worried...

Pineconn
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I was on a bus to (you guessed it) Chicago, so I didn't feel it. I heard a lot about it, though. I felt only one earthquake, and I was about 8 years old.