PDA

View Full Version : Preeclampsia..sucks

Blisspath
04-19-2008, 11:50 PM
So after 30 weeks of an uneventful pregnancy we learned that we are going to be parents a lot quicker than we had planned. Preeclampsia affects 8-10% of pregnant women with symptoms like proteinuria, high BP, and severe edema. The only cure is to induce labor because of the risks of seizures in the mother and malnutrition in the baby. Thankfully our case is mild and can be treated with BP meds, magnesium, and betamethasone IVs(steroids to help with fetal lung development)..but the docs are reluctant to let us go home so it looks like I may be blogging(and second guessing the docs) from the hospital for the next few weeks. I just wonder since my son has had doses of steroids if he will be banned from playing in the Major Leagues?..because that was my retirement plan. :)

The Desperado
04-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Wow, that really sucks. I hope everything works out. I'm sure it will as long as you hold the doctors ass to the flames. I hate doctors, they become so arrogant that they think they can't be wrong and don't do everything they are supposed to do.

Prrkitty
04-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Good luck with it all. My nephew was born 3 months early. Came out screaming and breathing on his own (Thank You God)... never had to go on a respirator and is now 2 years old. :) May your young one be just as, if not more, lucky. :)

Archibaldo
04-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, that really sucks. I hope everything works out. I'm sure it will as long as you hold the doctors ass to the flames. I hate doctors, they become so arrogant that they think they can't be wrong and don't do everything they are supposed to do.

I think you've been watching too much House.

Aegix Drakan
04-20-2008, 10:13 PM
whoa...well...I wish you and your family good luck.

I just wonder since my son has had doses of steroids if he will be banned from playing in the Major Leagues?..because that was my retirement plan. :)

XD