PDA

View Full Version : triggering secrets on a different screen

Pielord
04-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Is there a way to trigger secrets of a different screen or multiple different screens? It is a key part in a dungeon I'm making and I don't want to redesign it.

The_Amaster
04-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah, use room state carryovers.
But first, which version of ZC are you using?

This part will be the same regardless: Go to screen data on the screen with the triggers, and under one of the tabs it will say Room State Carryovers. Set the map and screen for the triggered screen.

Now, unfortunatly in a dungeon the secrets will reset as soon as you leave the room, undoing the whole process.
If you're in 2.10 you might just want to make the DMap Interior type instead of Dungeon. If in a beta, check the "Treat as Interior" box on screen data.

Pielord
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks it worked.:)

Master Maniac
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, use room state carryovers.
But first, which version of ZC are you using?

This part will be the same regardless: Go to screen data on the screen with the triggers, and under one of the tabs it will say Room State Carryovers. Set the map and screen for the triggered screen.

Now, unfortunatly in a dungeon the secrets will reset as soon as you leave the room, undoing the whole process.
If you're in 2.10 you might just want to make the DMap Interior type instead of Dungeon. If in a beta, check the "Treat as Interior" box on screen data.

im not quite sure how this works (as i havent tried it yet) but do you have to have the same flags with the same secret combos in the same place on every screen? i fail to understand.

or can it be any flag with any combos anywhere on the screens?

The_Amaster
04-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Anything anywhere on any two screens. Basicly ZC gives a room two states "Secrets inactive" and "secrets triggered"

Carryovers just link the states of two rooms so they're in sync.

Master Maniac
04-14-2008, 05:33 PM
ah ok i understand. thanks =)