PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting about the Block Hole

XMuppetSB
04-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Just recently, I tested out the 'Block Hole' Combo Flag.
Here's what the description says it does:

91 Block Hole
Causes blocks pushed onto this combo to vanish. (NOTE: needs confirmation)
However, when I pushed a block onto this flag, the block changed into the next combo in the table instead of vanishing.:shrug:

Nicholas Steel
04-12-2008, 10:14 PM
hence why the guy asks for confirmation :P

The_Amaster
04-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Actually, thats more useful than having it dissapear. You can, say, set the next one to look like a floor tile or something, and push the block into the hole to fill it up so you can walk on it.
If you still want it to vanish, just set it to the pit that you're placing the flag on.

Gleeok
04-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey, that's actually pretty useful like that. Much better than making it disappear.

Also I noticed that maybe your sig:

Ugh... The only real ZC Beta bugs I've been able to find lately are default template issues! :uhoh:

Could read:

Yay! The only real ZC Beta bugs I've been able to find lately are default template issues! :)

ShadowTiger
04-12-2008, 10:42 PM
However, when I pushed a block onto this flag, the block changed into the next combo in the table instead of vanishing.Well, let's think about this for a moment. What does "vanish" mean in terms of Zelda Classic? What would such a thing entail?

Rather, it makes absolute, perfect sense that it would turn that combo into the next combo on the combo page, as it would therefore grant the potential to be that combo.

What happens when you push a square peg into a square hole of equal three dimensional area? You "negate" the hole. It's what the description states, only in different words and expressions.

Nicholas Steel
04-12-2008, 10:48 PM
True, i believe the behavior matches what was intended.

Freedom
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
That's how it's always worked.
In mine I have next to it a cycling combo of a block getting smaller and smaller (looks like it's falling)

Pineconn
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
It's still a bit misleading, though. A clarification to

Causes blocks pushed onto this combo to cycle to the next combo.

would be better.

_L_
04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
You guys do know that it's a wiki, right? (And if you want your wiki account to have editing privileges just, um, message DarkDragon or something.)