PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather?

ctrl-alt-delete
04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
For real? What is the weather like where you live?

For those of you that do not know...Oklahoma weather is crazy...like for real.

We set record highs and record lows on the same day...seriously.

Right now, rain and thunderstorms are passing through...making me sleepy.

We are dead in the center of "Tornado Alley" so we always have that to worry about...

Anyways, what is your ideal weather? I like the temperature to peak around 75-80 on partly cloudy days.

rock_nog
04-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Honestly, Oklahoma weather is my ideal weather. I absolutely love the randomness of it. I keep getting stuck in extremes, though... Either the heat of south Texas or the cold of Minnesota. Though I must admit, in the summer, it's hot as hell up here - damn humidity.

Prrkitty
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I love Oregon. Elevation here is around 160ft above sea level. We get a little snow (unlike my inlaws (parents - 120ft record setting this winter season) and sister-in-law (pauls sister - 130ft this winter season). That's WAY too much snow.

We actually have four seasons (unlike South Carolina which as 2 - summer & winter). And not high humidity here, unlike SC also. Although I can't deny that I wish we wouldn't get such high temps in the summer like we've been getting lately.... temps over 100's for several days in a row. Thankfully Paul bought us two A/C's for our apartment... else I couldn't handle the hot weather.

Skulkraken
04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Here on Guam, it's essentially always summer, thanks to being so close to the equator. Instead of the normal four seasons, we have a dry season and a wet season. The temperature stays around 90-95 degrees year-round. Every other year or so, we get smacked around by typhoons, but most of our houses are built to withstand them. ...We also use air conditioners alot.

Pineconn
04-09-2008, 05:50 PM
The weather is as normal as possible here in Ohio. Not too hot, not too cold (for me, anyway). Summer peaks at around 90°F, winter bottoms out to maybe 0°F. We get snow from December through March, t-storms and showers from April to June, a relatively inactive, yet humid, period during the summer, and a few showers from September to November.

Right now, it's a perfect 65°F and mostly sunny. (A perfectly sunny day is rare in NE Ohio.) We're supposed to get snow this Sunday. :p

erm2003
04-09-2008, 07:00 PM
It's been in the mid-50s to mid-60s up here for the week so far. It is supposed to drop back into the 40s over the weekend. I like the weather we have now compared to the humid summer.

phattonez
04-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Right now it's about 60-70 degrees, but it did get pretty cold last week. Ahh, living in Southern California, where you can complain about 50 degree weather and 90 degree heat.

ShadowTiger
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
New York weather also gets a few of the lesser extremes. We get temperatures between 15 F and 100 F, for the most part, though it's oddly random. There are very few patterns to follow. This winter was a rather disappointing one, receiving scarcely 6 inches of snow, total.

As with erm, I like my weather between 55 F and 75 F, with a very mild warm spring breeze, on a dark, cloudy day, with the possibility of rain. That is heaven to me.

Though any really dark and stormy day is just as good. The darker and drearier, the better. Add in a bit of thunder, and I'm good to go.

Icey
04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Right now it's about 60-70 degrees, but it did get pretty cold last week. Ahh, living in Southern California, where you can complain about 50 degree weather and 90 degree heat.

Thank you for posting a reply for me. Since we live on the same campus, I don't have to type anything of real substance. =p

Pineconn
04-09-2008, 09:55 PM
As with erm, I like my weather between 55 F and 75 F, with a very mild warm spring breeze, on a dark, cloudy day, with the possibility of rain. That is heaven to me.

Though any really dark and stormy day is just as good. The darker and drearier, the better. Add in a bit of thunder, and I'm good to go.

Glad that I'm not alone. I love dark/breezy/warm days. Absolutely love them. The fifteen minutes right before a thunderstorm in June can't be beat.

(...Until you're told that a funnel cloud is forming over your house, in which case you're forced to sprint to the basement. :p)

Blisspath
04-09-2008, 10:18 PM
We have a saying here in East Tennessee..if you don't like the weather..stick around its bound to change. We have four distinct seasons..a little snow..great colors in the fall..and fairly mild summers..today it was 79 and my orange and violet tulips bloomed.

Zelda_Warrior
04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Well iowa has all 4 seasons,.. Hot and humid as hell summers, but in the winters it gets pretty nasty, and this year's winter was the worst in a long time. Right now its been cloudy the last few days with some rain.. It was snowing a few days ago. Long story short, the weather's pretty normal here.

Might i add that a nice and warm day with an overcast sky,and with a slight breeze is my favorite kind of weather. Only in the summer though. That way, it's warm, but not in-your-face sun. I like some sunny days, but it gets old if its like that every single day. I don't like humidity much, but if it's slightly humid that works. Basically, room temperature is my favorite.

Archibaldo
04-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I live in Sherbrooke, just east of Montreal. Up until just this week we had lots of snow and rain and cold temperatures. But today it was 16 so it was nice and warm. All week is going to be over 10 but rainy during the weekend.

Btw, I'm dealing in Celsius here. That's why it seems so low.

Dechipher
04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I watched the thunderstorm the other night for like 3 hours, and I saw like 4 transformers get blown. The weather is exactly as Kolt describes it. Very confusing. Tomorrow it will probably be 70 degrees.

Lilith
04-10-2008, 10:00 AM
---

The_Amaster
04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
ARGHHHHH!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead:

First, the snow. Then the clouds. Then the more snow.
And now...now the RAIN!
RAIIIIN!
I just ran home from the bus stop over two blocks through two inches of water with a heavy backpack!

*sobs* I just want spring to be here.....

Pineconn
04-10-2008, 05:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/weather.png

That's a rather large storm. :p

Bring it on!!

Aliem
04-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Eh. It snows for ten minutes, the sun shines for thirty minutes, then some rain... That cycle repeats for the months of March through May.

Gotta love the Rockies. ;)

MoonCheese
04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
The weather is getting better here in southern Germany. It's been cold and windy for a while, but today I could go outside without my jacket.

AlphaDawg
04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Global warming's back in Philly! Today the weather was great, mid-70's* all day! I actually left the house for a while today!

* That's in Fahrenheit, it was about 23° C for our international readers.

rock_nog
04-10-2008, 10:00 PM
OMG! The weather broke! Okay, this morning it started out all blustery. Then the rain came. Then that rain turned into heavy snow. Then the snow turned back into rain. Then the rain turned into sleet. Then we started getting thunder and lightning. Sheesh.

Zelda_Warrior
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
It's raining like hell right now, that big storm system is moving around here right about now...

moocow
04-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Mid-high 60's today. Pretty chilly tonight. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were all beautiful.

Gonna rain tomorrow.

rock_nog
04-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Holy crap, and now we're back to snow with thunder and lightning. Damn, this weather is just schizophrenic. Freakin' Minnesota...

Archibaldo
04-11-2008, 02:23 AM
imm ,likenwhen j gi tinthebbarn itnwas ,iikemn/32 2. m wow it takes alot of concentration to tybe when your're drunk wow.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
imm ,likenwhen j gi tinthebbarn itnwas ,iikemn/32 2. m wow it takes alot of concentration to tybe when your're drunk wow.

I cannot wait to find out what you were actually trying to say here...if you even remember.

Archibaldo
04-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I think I was trying to say that when I walked back from the bar it was like -2 or something.

Pineconn
04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I like the drunk Archibaldo better. Heh. }:[

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ohcrapatornado.png

This may not end out well.

rock_nog
04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
I think I was trying to say that when I walked back from the bar it was like -2 or something.
You just need more practice drunk-posting on AGN, that's all! Now get out there and get practicing!

Cloral
04-11-2008, 06:38 PM
The high here today was 71, and tomorrow it is predicted to be 75 and sunny. So yeah. That's why I live here and not somewhere else. :D

Pineconn
04-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Cue the fires, cue the earthquakes, cue the smog, cue the mudslides.....

Sorry, I can't help myself. :D

The storm... she approaches.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/weather_041108725pm.png

That's a fake pic... but it looks real enough. I added the storm cell between Cleveland and Youngstown (which is where I live), as well as the red/yellow counties.

Prrkitty
04-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Temps here just hit 67 and we're expecting 75 tomorrow. Will it actually hit 75 tomorrow? Considering how much cold weather we've had lately (average temp for March was 49)... it just might hit it.

Aegix Drakan
04-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I live in Canada, Quebec. I think you can imagine our weather.

We're just getting out of winter for good, it looks like. And we are now enting the period of the year, I like to call "the big slush".

Basically, all the snow is melting and making everything either slushy or muddy, AND it'll be another month or so before all the plants start coming back to life, so we're stuck with about a month of dead looking nature (at least here in suburbia/city life).

...*sigh* Guess that's the only downside here. As retardedly cold as winter is here, it's still ok. Fall is just beautiful, and Summer is nice and toasty. But I can't remember the last nice spring we had (assuming we ever had one).