PDA

View Full Version : Press Start script

bobrocks95
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I know this script exists and I believe Joe123 made it. I've looked everywhere and cannot find a script to press start on a title screen to move onto the game. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Joe123
04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
const int autowarp = 0; //set here the combo ID number of an 'autowarp[X]' type combo

ffc script startwarp{
void run(int dly){
Waitframes(dly);
while(!Link->InputStart){Waitframe();}
this->Data = autowarp;
}
}

D0 is number of frames to wait until you can press start to warp, and make sure to set up the autowarp integer correctly.
Use the corresponding sidewarp for the screen to what Autowarp type you use to warp Link.

bobrocks95
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Not 100% sure how to set this up(not the best with scripts).
Load the script, set an FFC on the title screen set to whatever combo Link starts on, set argument D0 to how many frames to wait until the script will recognize the button press. Then make a combo(is it NOT the one Link spawns on, does it needs to be another one that's on the screen?) that's on the screen type "Autowarp [A]" and edit the buffer to replace the first 0 in "const int autowarp = 0" with the combo # of the just-changed combo, correct? Then do I just set a tile-warp type "Insta-Warp with opening wipe" to the first screen? Am I missing something(I did put change the combo Link spawns on to the autowarp, is that a problem, or not?)?

Joe123
04-09-2008, 02:48 AM
Make an autowarp combo with a transparent tile
Set it's combo ID to that constant integer outside the script
Don't place it on a screen, ever
Put the script on an ffc on the screen where you want to warp after D0 frames, if you press start
Set up the correct side-warp to match the type of auto-warp combo you made

bobrocks95
04-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks, got it to work.