PDA

View Full Version : Ikaruga coming to XBLA TOMORROW

Breaker
04-08-2008, 08:08 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/864/864903p1.html

This is just one more reason why the 360 is worth getting. I've been waiting to play Ikaruga ever since I heard it *MIGHT* come to the 360 over a year ago. This is awesome news! It'll be released some time tomorrow in the XBLA. If you don't have a 360, the XBLA is a feature where you can buy and download games directly to the HDD connected to your xbox. They are anywhere from $4-12. There are games like Gauntlet, Golden Axe, Mini Golf, Chess, Pool, and tons more classic arcade games. The best part is that all of them can be played multiplayer with friends or random strangers across the country, with a built in teamspeak.

Anyway, buy a 360 and buy Ikaruga. The Premium and Elite bundles are a really good deal right now and the new chips have the systems running really cool so no more system crashing (plus there's a 3 year warranty anyway).

Beldaran
04-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Here (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ikaruga) is a good review of the game by a man of true genius.

Aegix Drakan
04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
A friend of mine has it for the Gamecube. :P It's a totally awesome game.

...and it's also pretty damn hard. I don't ever think I beat it without using the "infinite contunies" option...

Warlock
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
What? Something finally worth getting on XBLA? It's been awhile since they've released anything decent (*cough*Bomberman*cough*). Though to be fair, one of these days I should really try Rez.

AlexMax
04-08-2008, 03:33 PM
What? Something finally worth getting on XBLA? It's been awhile since they've released anything decent (*cough*Bomberman*cough*). Though to be fair, one of these days I should really try Rez.

I wouldn't say that. There are lots of great games on XBLA if you know where to look.

Warlock
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't say that. There are lots of great games on XBLA if you know where to look.

There are great games on there, but I don't think they've released anything decent in the last few months.

Of course, they have a lot of great stuff on the horizon, particularly the Bionic Commando remake and the upgraded SFII Turbo.

Breaker
04-08-2008, 04:52 PM
It's true, the only thing worth downloading in the last few months was N+ and the expansion pack to Mass Effect.

Warlock
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
It's true, the only thing worth downloading in the last few months was N+ and the expansion pack to Mass Effect.

The Mass Effect thing was DLC tho, so I don't count that. Actually I need to download that yet though - I just haven't had time to even play Mass Effect recently so I haven't gotten around to it.

MottZilla
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Shame on you for not getting Ikaruga on DreamCast when it came out 6 years ago. :p Atleast you are finally correcting your mistake now. It's actually only the second US release of Ikaruga since the only US release was for GC.

It's a fantastic shooter by Treasure who are known to make some top notch games.

Gleeok
04-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Here (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ikaruga) is a good review of the game by a man of true genius.

Heh, I completely agree with that review. Ikaruga isn't just one of the best shooters ever made, It's one of the best games ever made. I had to pull my extra TV out of the closet and flip it on its side and go tate for this one. I paid like forty bucks for the GC version, and if you can get this now on the 360 for ten, that's some awesome right there.

Breaker
04-08-2008, 11:42 PM
So it's supposed to be released on the 9th of April. Does that mean it will be available at midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow? I'm not sure when new downloads are released on XBLA.

Breaker
04-09-2008, 04:17 AM
4am EST and it's up for download! wow, I'm a dork. I also downloaded the original Fable and I've been playing that all night. It's an OK game. I hope Fable 2 actually plays as well as they promised and hyped the original.

Gleeok
04-09-2008, 05:59 AM
I really hope this sells well and they make a shit ton of money. Maybe then we'll see a greater number of these shooters being ported to consoles for North American release if they realize there would be a demand for them. I don't plan on buying a next-gen console quite yet, but if a few more of these hit X-box Arcade, with Radiant Silvergun and DoDonPachi being at the top of the list, then I'd go buy one. There's just not enough good XBLA games available just yet; Come on Microsoft, what's the hold up?

Breaker
04-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Has anyone else bought this and want to co-op? My Gamertag is Draezius. I'm usually around late into the evenings after work and into the early morning.

Masamune
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Sure. I bought this and Bomberman Live a few days ago. Gamertag is Dizfunxion.

Icey
04-17-2008, 02:33 AM
This is another reason to add to my already large list of reasons to buy a 360. XBLA has a lot of great games already (hell, more than Wii has, even) and there are some really fun games on 360 I've been meaning to play. My friend just bought this on XBLA so I'm gonna give it a few runs... I may become a 360 owner soon, as well ;)

Warlock
04-17-2008, 09:43 AM
http://kotaku.com/380686/top-rated-ikaruga-player-xbla-version-is-horrible

This cracks me up. The top Ikaruga player in the world HATES the XBLA version because, get this: "in a couple places, enemy placement is different and the direction of laser beams on the third stage's mini-boss has been changed."

LOL. As others there have said, he basically memorized everything and now he can't robotically go through the game until he memorizes these little changes again. Hilarious. And for that, the port is terrible.