PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for April's Gemstone ('08)

bobrocks95
04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
This is the official nominations thread for the 2008 April Gemstone quest. As you know, Gemstone quests are old, yet good, quests that many people may not know about. We're straying away from the new quests or things that many people have heard about. Myself and Russadwan will be running this event, and due to the fact that he's on vacation, I'll likely be doing everything this first month.

The nominations so far are:
Link's Birthday- Explore a huge overworld and 12 dungeons in the Pure tileset.
Hero of Time- Ocarina of Time remade with BS graphics.
Molka- Explore the mountain region of the same name in that classic Zelda feel
AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest- A new twist on an old game, expect to both be reminded of the old design, yet excited by the new content
James Quest/Armageddon Quest- You'd better be up to the challenge of this incredibly frustrating yet fun quest.

Remember, choose your favorite old quest, even copies of what has already been nominated. The top 5 or so quests with the highest number of nominations will be in the final vote.

bobrocks95
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
As a note, you can only choose ONE quest as your official nomination, so be sure to make it count. However, before this thread is closed, you're allowed to edit your previous post to change what quest you nominate. DO NOT post a second time with your changed nomination. That will only confuse me and Russadwan whenever we go through before the thread closes to pick out the nominees.

Pineconn
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Well, anyone? I'd like for the first quest to be decided on soon so we can start this thing off.

I still favor Link's Birthday. It was a fun quest. :shrug:

The_Amaster
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Link's Birthday, seconded. Great example of what Gemstone is about.

bobrocks95
04-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm trying to get everyone's official nomination, in the first post I was just pooling some ideas that I saw in the other threads. Those will most likely change.

bobrocks95
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I plan on holding nominations until around the 13th or 14th, then switching over to a voting thread. Hopefully some more people get interested in the process, you can't run a successful poll with only a couple people voting.

Matthew Bluefox
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
What is the speciality of the "Gemstone" quests? Do they have to be in a certain form or do they have to use a certain tileset to have a chance to get nominated?

bobrocks95
04-14-2008, 05:18 PM
They are generally older quests that are for the most part unheard of. Things not a lot of people have played, but are still good.

Matthew Bluefox
04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Butt I guess it's not allowed to nominate the quest one has made by oneself, right?

bobrocks95
04-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Hmmm.... I don't see why not. That would be up to the higher powers, a.k.a., Pineconn.

Pineconn
04-14-2008, 10:02 PM
That's right, you all must bow down to me!!! Wahahahahaaaaaaaacoughcoughihaveacold.

Anyway, which quest did you create? We're looking for older quests, so if it's new, it would likely have to wait. If it is older, you can nominate it for the May GQC when that time comes around.

Russ
04-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, it looks like so far "Link's Birthday" is winning. So, anybody else have a vote?

bobrocks95
04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
More people can nominate in May, plus whatever doesn't win is put in a pool for the next month.