PDA

View Full Version : Really big sunglasses

rock_nog
04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Will someone explain this to me? If a guy wears really big-ass sunglasses, it makes him look like a pedophile. On the other hand, if a girl wears really big-ass sunglasses, it's considered stylish.

Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in wearing big-ass sunglasses, so I'm not jealous or anything, it's just that, well, I don't think they're acceptable on anyone. I mean, you see these women walking around with enormous sunglasses that cover half their heads - it makes 'em look like bug-eyed aliens or something. Seriously, there is nothing remotely stylish or attractive about it, and yet women do it anyway. It's not that I have anything against sunglasses, but for God's sake, do they have to be so frickin' huge?

phattonez
04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
They look tacky to me and I hate them on everyone. But what do I know about fashion? It all seems worthless to me.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Will someone explain this to me? If a guy wears really big-ass sunglasses, it makes him look like a pedophile. On the other hand, if a girl wears really big-ass sunglasses, it's considered stylish.

Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in wearing big-ass sunglasses, so I'm not jealous or anything, it's just that, well, I don't think they're acceptable on anyone. I mean, you see these women walking around with enormous sunglasses that cover half their heads - it makes 'em look like bug-eyed aliens or something. Seriously, there is nothing remotely stylish or attractive about it, and yet women do it anyway. It's not that I have anything against sunglasses, but for God's sake, do they have to be so frickin' huge?

Looks pretty hott on my wife. :-p

She is a cosmetologist, so she is pretty much always a part of the latest fashion.

Maybe you just only see ugly chicks?

rock_nog
04-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Nah, it's not the chicks that are the problem, it's the sunglasses. Just doesn't "do it" for me. In my experience, you take a reasonably hot chick, add ginormous sunglasses, and boom, all of her attractiveness is negated by the "bug-eyed alien" look.

Archibaldo
04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
If the girl is hot, she's allowed to wear any thing she wants. (Nothing at all is highly encouraged.)

Prrkitty
04-05-2008, 06:10 PM
For me, whose eyes are very light sensitive, I need as much light covered up with the lenses as possible.

DarkDragoonX
04-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I can't really comment on fashion issues as I have no sense of style whatsoever. As long as all my bits are covered and I'm warm, I give whatever I'm wearing the green light. This has lead to strange looks when friends and co-workers see me wearing things that allegedly don't "go together," such as tan pants and a bright green sweater. I'm also known to accidentally wear my shirts inside-out... I've gone entire days that way before somebody has pointed it out to me. It usually happens once a week or so. All things considered, it's probably a miracle I can get my pants on without help.

I just realized that this comment really has nothing to do with the topic. Unfortunately, I couldn't be arsed to delete it all and start again, so this is what you get.

Revfan9
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
When has any "fashion fad" ever looked attractive?

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Big sunglasses are great. Really, they look better than "normal sized" glasses.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
When has any "fashion fad" ever looked attractive?

When it showed cleavage or ass, without making the girl look trashy. :-p

phattonez
04-05-2008, 07:27 PM
^^That's never been possible for me.

rock_nog
04-05-2008, 08:20 PM
That's okay, Phattonez, I think "trashy" looks good on you ;).

Beldaran
04-05-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/3029.jpg

Archibaldo
04-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I THINK I KNOW THAT GUY!

Icey
04-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Girls wear oversized sunglasses these days because it covers the majority of their face and allows them to look cute because you can't see any detailed features located around their eyes.

Lots of less attractive girls wear them to look better and then when they take them off you realize what they've done and weep.

This isn't always the case, but I see it happen all the time at UCLA. Oh well, I suppose it's better than orange fake tans and fake boobs.

Edit: Note that I have seen some really good looking girls wearing them too, but the above applies most of all.

Dechipher
04-06-2008, 01:51 AM
What's worse than giant fucking sunglasses is the dumbass looking boots. Any boots; furry boots, rain boots. They are all ridiculous looking.

Pineconn
04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I remember Darth Marsden had a quick rant about big sunglasses. I should find it.

EDIT: Ah yes, right in the middle of one of his fan-fics/stories:

[Outside, the guys are all running around in t-shirts and shorts, while the ladies have stripped down to bikinis and stupidly over-sized sunglasses that look ridiculous and I hate them oh god I hate them why do people keep buying them when they look so stupid augh life sucks but I digress 'cause they're all wearing them and there's nothing I can do to change that. Focus on Darth's group, which consists of the man himself (wearing combats rather then shorts), Pineconn, Sam Atoms and The Cyborg, all of whom have Ice Creams - with flakes!]