PDA

View Full Version : Bitching about General Bitching (and ASWGL)

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
The 100 post requirement for these forums is a pain in the ass. It took me almost four years to get to 80 posts; at that rate it will be another year before I have 100. Isn't the post requirement a bit high? Why not make it 50, or 20?

erm2003
04-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm sure it was set that way to make it a bit harder for people to spam their way in, especially for banned members who create new user names.

phattonez
04-05-2008, 01:38 PM
It's better that way. Besides, it's not really that hard to even get 20 posts in a day, if you really want to get in that badly.

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 01:52 PM
It's better that way. Besides, it's not really that hard to even get 20 posts in a day, if you really want to get in that badly.

I check this forum almost every day and there's hardly anything new to reply to. And I don't want to go on a spamming spree and get banned.

The_Amaster
04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Heh, So... is definitly the thread for you. On an average day it's not hard to accumulate 5-6 posts there. Throw in a few other topics, and you're halfway there.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 01:59 PM
I check this forum almost every day and there's hardly anything new to reply to. And I don't want to go on a spamming spree and get banned.

As long as you actually ADD to the topic, or say something only slightly intelligent, it is not considered spam.

For example, take a random news article topic posted by prrkitty.

"Dude cuts off his own penis at a demonstration for peace."

Your reply?

That is disgusting! That guy is crazy! OMGPWN!

1 post down, 15 to go.

phattonez
04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, as long as it's not advertising or completely worthless, it won't be considered spam. Hell any activity at all would be greatly appreciated by everyone here.

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Okay, I guess I just need to try being more active.

erm2003
04-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Some days it's easier than others. Right now there seem to be a lot of good threads going on so it's been easy to jump in.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Okay, I guess I just need to try being more active.
Yup. And, just think...with this thread you've gained 3 posts, in about two hours. ;)

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yup. And, just think...with this thread you've gained 3 posts, in about two hours. ;)

Yeah, that was part of the reason I made this topic. If nobody listens to my plee to lower the post requirement, at least I'll get a few posts out of it. :D

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, that was part of the reason I made this topic. If nobody listens to my plee to lower the post requirement, at least I'll get a few posts out of it. :D

Nobody is going to lower the post requirement. In fact, I hope you think wisely before you post in GB.

As goKi once said, "You are going to be fucking eatin' alive in here."

It is not a nice environment, so approach cautiously.

12 more post to go.

Archibaldo
04-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Posting in GB is not something to look forward to. Posting in GB is like making a Horcux. Every post you make, a part of your soul is removed. If you post too much in GB, you lose your soul and go crazy, like many other previous members such as Glenn and Pojo.

erm2003
04-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but weren't our souls put in a jar when we first joined anyway? :rolleyes:

Prrkitty
04-05-2008, 06:15 PM
GB can be a very cruel area... for various and sundry reasons. The post count requirement is set specifically to keep new ones to the forums... out. It's as simple as that.

Make sure your "skin" is tough before you go in there. The quality of your personality and/or your posts won't keep you alive in GB.

And if you are very empathetic... stay out as well.

Masamune
04-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but weren't our souls put in a jar when we first joined anyway? :rolleyes:

Pretty sure SB lost that shit.

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't even know how much I'll be posting in GB, it just bothers me that I can't.

Icey
04-06-2008, 05:52 AM
Yeah, GB is fun, but you need a certain mentality going in because things can easily turn against you. I think it's most important to just enjoy whatever comes up, remember that this is the internet, and don't go around thinking you're hot shit.

Although certain members are pretty badass and can get away with that.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Pretty sure SB lost that shit.

That's what he WANTS you to think...

Seven more posts to go, kid.

AlphaDawg
04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Heh, So... is definitly the thread for you. On an average day it's not hard to accumulate 5-6 posts there. Throw in a few other topics, and you're halfway there.Here's an easy way to get another post... Amaster42, I HATE your avatar! Absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE it! Sygg, River Guide wrecks me every time my opponent plays it against me! At last week's booster draft I had to waste THREE of my precious kill spells to take him out, after which I lost to everything else my opponent had.

... of course this hatred is rather shallow, I love, love, love Sygg when I'm playing him! He almost single-handedly got me to Day 2 of Grand Prix: Daytona Beach in December. I fell one match win short, losing to some drunk guy (how did I let that happen, anyway?) in Round 8 and finishing 6-3 for the day.

Dechipher
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I thought it was 100 posts or if you've been here over a year. Is that no longer the case?

Shazza Dani
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I can't post in GB or ASWGL, and I've been here over a year, so evidently that's not the case.

Aegix Drakan
04-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Dude...Mighty Darknut. take it from me. If you post in GB, WATCH YOUR FREAKIN BACK. You make one stupid post, and they are all over you like barracuda on a fishstick.

My first adventure in GB netted me a couple points of negative rep, and a lot of burn marks on my ego. >_> I got caught up in a flame war on one guy, and with one retarded post, I got everyone flaming ME.

...so, take it from an old newb. Be careful what you say, and how you say it. Or you WILL be eaten alive, and then crapped out in a vacant lot somewhere.

That being said, it can still be an interesting place to check out. If you choose to enter the raging inferno that is GB, I wish thee good luck! *hands Mighty Darknut a flame shield...just in case.*

... of course this hatred is rather shallow, I love, love, love Sygg when I'm playing him!

...Sounds like my issues with Mirror Force from yu-gi-oh...I played in on my DS for a while (yay for not wasting tons of real money on cards! :D), and I hated that card to no ends because it's basiclaly a free "OMGUBERPWN ALL ENEMIES" card. >_> Also, my opponent almosts always draws it, whereas I almost never do...

Feasul
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
And if you are very empathetic... stay out as well.

Where were you a week ago to give me that advice? Now I can't escape.
I kid, I kid.

But seriously, stay out of there if you want to retain your sanity. :scared:

Shazza Dani
04-07-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm inclined to believe it's not quite as bad as everyone says it is.

Icey
04-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Where were you a week ago to give me that advice? Now I can't escape.
I kid, I kid.

But seriously, stay out of there if you want to retain your sanity. :scared:

I've retained my sanity just fine.

GB might crush any illusions of sanity you harbor though :p

Zaphod Q. IX
04-07-2008, 12:30 AM
As of this moment, you have 99 posts. Post some bullshit after this post, or whatever, and go check out GB. You owe it to yourself. Just remember what the scorpion said to the maiden.

"You knew what I was when you picked me up."

Shazza Dani
04-07-2008, 12:32 AM
That scorpion sounds like an ass.

phattonez
04-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Go post in GB already. This thread should not matter anymore.

Shazza Dani
04-07-2008, 12:39 AM
I still can't post. What the hell?

Dechipher
04-07-2008, 12:39 AM
That scorpion sounds like an ass.

Hahahaha...good 100th post...

Gleeok
04-07-2008, 12:44 AM
I still can't post. What the hell?

From what I understand you have to wait until your account gets automatically updated...which could be two minutes from now or a few hours.

When I hit 1000 posts it took about a half-hour before I could access my custom title, if I remember correctly.

Shazza Dani
04-07-2008, 12:46 AM
I can post in GB now. Time to go get people mad at me. O:

ctrl-alt-delete
04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I can post in GB now. Time to go get people mad at me. O:

Earlier, you said you did not think it was "that bad" in there.

Again, I quote goKi...

"You are going to be fucking eaten alive..."

Good luck...do not say that we did not warn you.

*Goes to check GB*