PDA

View Full Version : Are scripts supposed to disable the ability to pick up items?

Nimono
04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Okay, I'm having a problem here. I have two scripts specifically set to give you an item when you trigger them by spawning one at your location. However, on one of them, I want you to hold up the item when you get it. The problem is... Even when I turn on the flag "Hold Up Item", the game refuses to do so! It ignores the flag COMPLETELY on script-spawned items! It lets you hold up the screen item set within ZQuest, not the script, though. Is this SUPPOSED to happen, or is it a bug? Thanks in advance!

Master Maniac
04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
i would think its because its script spawned. cant you tell the script to make link hold it up?

and if not, couldnt you just make FFCs to make it look like hes holding it up? it would give the same effect...

Gleeok
04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd imagine it's not a bug because the spawned item is not the set screen item for which the "hold up item" would apply. I think now that scripting is finally becoming more common use we would have access to these sorts of effects in the future, and damnit...I'm starting to tire of the feature freeze a little.

Anyway have you tried a workaround, maybe LA_HOLDING for x ticks or something similar?