PDA

View Full Version : 1000

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
It is official. This is my 1,000th post on this message board...and it only took me almost seven years...hopefully, that says a lot about the quality of my posts.

My, how the time has flown.

I have been around for the best of times...and for the worst of times.

I was only 14 years old when I joined AGN. I did a search on CNET for a Zelda clone, and Zelda Classic popped up. I played random quests for a couple of months before I joined the ranks. Being so young, I made a lot of stupid posts...I had no idea how forum communities really worked, and it was about five minutes before I was being made fun of.

But I learned quickly, and rapidly became a contributing member of the community.

Here are some of the funniest moments I remember:

Master Hacker -
Dark Nation registered this username and convinced loads of newbies that he had hacked DN's computer and downloaded the newest beta of Zelda Classic. He told everyone to just right click it and save it to their harddrive, but the Zelda Classic community members were SO loyal, that they SERIOUSLY would not do so. If they had, they would have seen that the filename was "donttellanyonethatiamreallydarknation.exe." Eckels, in one of his most well known posts, said, "Master Hacker is a pussy." Funny shit.

Darunia -
Darunia LOVED his post count. In fact, the forum "Forum Games" had just come into being, and Darunia gathered a few thousand posts in just a couple of weeks. Warlord decided the forum was being abused, and changed it so that it would not increase your post count. Darunia freaked the fuck out.

TSA -
The race to 10,000 posts. For some reason, it was REALLY important to him...he HAD to be first. Once he got really close, Warlord did some pruning...so TSA freaked the fuck out also. When he finally hit 10,000, he convinced myself and others that he was not even a real person...that he was a college project studying internet communities.

Glenn the Great -
http://www.glennthegreat.ytmnd.com/
http://www.glenthegreatremix.ytmnd.com/
Need I say more? Glenn REALLY dislikes AGN, mostly because of Breaker. He was a part of "the ZCN trio"... It was a group of people that tried to move Zelda Classic away from AGN because of "how things were run around here." Needless to say...it failed miserably. All hail Warlord and Phantom Menace.

Zelda64Gld -
I still to this day do not know if he was originally staff controlled or not. All I know is that his posts were fucking hilarious...and his Mr. Driller avatar will live down in infamy.

lightning-z, fira -
More users that will just never get over this place...if they could speak proper English, they probably would be accepted. But AGN is not the place to post without knowing how to type and spell properly.

That is all I got for now, but if this thread stays alive I might post some more later.

Anyways, now I am 21 years old. I am out on my own, living with my wife, driving a sweet ass car...I love my current job, and plan on possibly returning to school soon. AGN has definitely been a big part of 1/3 of my life...and I will forever appreciate this place. It will always be my internet home. I have gathered some great friends along the way, and I look forward to getting to know more and more "interesting" people.

I know a few things for sure...(History lesson for newbies.)

1. Warlord and Phantom Menace are legends.
2. SB owns my soul, and anyone else who resides here.
3. Aside from Jesus Christ, Eckels is my God. (Another old joke.)
4. Breaker is cool and funny as fuck...he just does not put up with anyone's shit, and I respect him for that.
5. Glenn is a douchbag.

Here is to seven more years and 1,000 more posts, guys.

Beldaran
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Congratulations on 1000 posts. As someone who has over 7000 posts, I would just like to say that I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. :)

ShadowTiger
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Aww, that was beautiful, Kolt. ^^, I'm so happy to share such memorable experiences with you on the numerical anniversary of your contributions to this wonderful community.

Here's to many thousands more! :toast: *clink, etc*

EDIT: Looking at my own post count after finding out I had simultaneously posted with Bel, makes me wish I hadn't even edited this post and pretended not to notice.

rock_nog
04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Grats! Don't feel too bad - I've been here about that long and I STILL haven't hit a thousand. Though to be fair, this is, er, my third account (because I'm irresponsible, forgetful, and have on several occasions just stopped visiting here for long periods of time), so in all likeliness, I would've passed a thousand a long time ago. Oh well, here's hoping that with this account, I'll finally make it.

Shame about Glenn, though - I remember thinking he was alright, and then he went and had his first major meltdown while I was on one of my hiatuses.

erm2003
04-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I am already thinking this should be an archived thread just because of all the great AGN history you have shared and may continue to share as well. Congrats on your 1000 man!

Pineconn
04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.glennthegreatremix.ytmnd.com/

Actually, that's http://www.glenthegreatremix.ytmnd.com/.

Congrats on the first K milestone. I'm personally riding up on 3K, but I think about 300 of them are in "So..." ;) But I don't have the rich history and experience you've had at AGN for several years. You should be glad you've been a member during the old times. That's something I'll never have, "and there's nothing I can do about it."

The_Amaster
04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
You only have 1000? I always just kinda mentally placed you in the 3-5000 range.
*shrugs*
Congratulations!

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Actually, that's http://www.glenthegreatremix.ytmnd.com/.

Congrats on the first K milestone. I'm personally riding up on 3K, but I think about 300 of them are in "So..." ;) But I don't have the rich history and experience you've had at AGN for several years. You should be glad you've been a member during the old times. That's something I'll never have, "and there's nothing I can do about it."

Nice catch. Thank you. Fixed.

Someday down the road, a newbie that likes AGN will tell you, "You should be glad you've been a member during the old times."

Aegix Drakan
04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Congrats, man!

:P And hey, it took me 3 years to get to 1000, and I'm hopelessly addicted to the internet, and this site.

...and you're not the only one who made a fool of themselves at first. I too, had no clue how an internet forum worked. ...heck, my sig once read "You never know when a flame war will happen! Keep your anti-flame bunker stocked up, and ready to use!" :P It was only shortly after my first disasterous escapade into GB that I began to wise up.

So hey, as I like to say: "Everyone was once a silly newb. The NOOBS are the ones who never outgrew that."

XMuppetSB
04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Congrats on reaching the 1k, sir.

The_Amaster
04-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, my newbishness was apparent in my complete and total politeness, "oh I'm sorry for wasting your time" "oh I know nothing" suck-uping.

Gerudo
04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
christ boy, it took you long enough. ;)

grats on your internet milestone. we've had our ups and downs, but shit, it's been one hell of a ride. i can say i'm glad to know you.

so uhh, will it be another 7 years before 2k? :p

DarkDragoonX
04-02-2008, 09:25 PM
You only have 1000? I always just kinda mentally placed you in the 3-5000 range.
*shrugs*
Congratulations!

Heh, I was thinking the same thing.

Grats on your milestone, though!

phattonez
04-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Congrats. Of course in the past this would have ceremoniously been the time to get your custom avatar and sig, but the milestone is significant nonetheless.

Would you like a Goatse cake for this? (Really, not trying to be sarcastic at all)

Archibaldo
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Gratz man. Talking about post count races. Anyone remember SixTen? He made it to 1000 posts in something like 3 months. It was pretty epic.

Gleeok
04-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Gratz man. Talking about post count races. Anyone remember SixTen? He made it to 1000 posts in something like 3 months. It was pretty epic.

:odd: You know now that I think about it I must of made 1000 posts in about 7 months.? Man, the ZCdevs probably got tired of me quick. (I think I just set myself up for some form of firebomb there...)

Anyway congrats to your success, at home and on this forum. I will now celebrate by pressing ctrl-alt-delete on my keyboard. right....n

Pineconn
04-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Someday down the road, a newbie that likes AGN will tell you, "You should be glad you've been a member during the old times."

I'd like to believe so, but nothing interesting has happened recently on AGN.

....Oh that's right, April Fool's Day. :laughing:

Archibaldo
04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
That's true, before April Fools all the interesting things happened in GB. Btw, was rexlaninetails and Fira the same person? Because I remember rexla stirred up quite some controversy at one point. Half of the members hated her/him and the otehr half loved her/him.

Prrkitty
04-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Congrats on the milestone hon :) Gonna make 2k in a much shorter time? :)

Beldaran
04-03-2008, 01:59 PM
The trick to getting lots of posts is to get really pedantically obsessed with every little detail of every conversation and argue over crap with people that will never change their minds, and make as sarcastic a comment as possible every single chance you get.

In other words, be a dick! It worked for me...

ShadowTiger
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
That's true, before April Fools all the interesting things happened in GB. Btw, was rexlaninetails and Fira the same person? Because I remember rexla stirred up quite some controversy at one point. Half of the members hated her/him and the otehr half loved her/him.

Rexla and Fira are definitely not the same person. Rexla is an artist with an ... interesting handhold to life itself. Maybe less than a handhold, unfortunately. ( :shakeno: ) He/She (Don't bother with gender identifiers, they don't work for Rexla at all.) pops in to distribute pieces of music composed by him/herself, and generally be friendly and intimate. Every visit by Rexla brings about a smile from those surrounding the event.

Fira is a very difficult internet case of "Is it a human or a spam bot?" Roughly 95% of every Fira iteration (It generates many duplicate names/accounts,) is accompanied by the same general posting style. It will use many parentheses (Much like myself, for example. ... ... unfortunately. x X. lol...) and will reference Megaman, Megaman creations, however hypothetical, and System of a Down often. It will rarely, if ever, reference any previous account it has ever made, nor the fact that it has been banned more times than we as a collective community have fingers with which to type out our confusion as to what Fira actually is. Fira has actually been an oddly normal and casual member on TheHylia.com, TSA's Zelda community, and has received very few odd glances over the year or two he's been there, operating under the name "TheFairyPrincess" or some such moniker. Still has not altered its behavior from AGN and Pure habitations.

.. damn, I type way too much.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Here I am, only three days later over 1100...God, things have really picked up around here.

Thanks for the congratulations, guys.

Like I said...I still bet I can get to 2000 by the end of the month. :-p

Maybe someday I will be like one of the greats, Beldaran>7000, or ST>10,000, so I can ask myself what the fuck is wrong with me.

Icey
04-06-2008, 05:42 AM
It's taken me a helluva long time to get to 1000 posts as well, Kolt, but like you my activity has picked up a lot lately. Things have been pretty fun around here so it's worthwhile to reply to more topics. And at this rate, I'm sure you can reach 2000 in a reasonable amount of time (and without spamming or having postcount as your sole reason for posting).

Pineconn
04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Like I said...I still bet I can get to 2000 by the end of the month. :-p

And at this rate, I'm sure you can reach 2000 in a reasonable amount of time (and without spamming or having postcount as your sole reason for posting).

...The next TSA?! :)

On a semi-related note, I remember just claiming my 2500th post.

Glitch
04-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Gratz fucker. Bout time.