PDA

View Full Version : weapon type reference?

beefster09
03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Is there/ will there be any way to be able to reference a weapon's type from a script? I've hit a roadblock in making Master Maniac's script which requires me to detect what type of weapon is near a specific location. I've checked the documentation, but there is no reference to the weapon type, not even a not-able-to-write-to variable reference.

This is totally essential IMO, as it would open up things like custom triggers and other similar concepts.

Even if it needed to be added, it could be added in a few minutes seeing as the variable already exists and would need only an integer reference to the type.

Master Maniac
03-31-2008, 08:56 PM
couldnt you refrence the weapon/item ID?

and thanks for helping with the script =)

beefster09
04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
No. I must know what type the given lweapon is. The ID doesn't carry any data like that-- it's just an instance pointer.

EDIT: The way it works is that each screen has numerical pointers for every lweapon and eweapon on the screen, each carrying variables such as step speed and damage. The engine obviously recognizes each weapon's type because trigger flags work and recognize it. I need to be able to access any weapon's type (not ID) in order to detect if a specific weapon type is close to something else.

Gleeok
04-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I know a lot of people would love this, but I'm not sure that part of the code has scripting variables yet. Are these functions accessible with ZASM?