PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember a PC game

Dark Nation
03-31-2008, 07:57 AM
This is an old game. At least 13 years old. It's sort of similar to Sims in that you have to get a job, buy things, and go to school to get a better job later on. I do remember a few key things about it:

It was turn-based and, if you wanted, multi-player.
When you went to work, you'd see a large, screen-sized version of your character perform a walking animation for a few seconds.
If you bought food without having a refrigerator, it would spoil quickly.
If you didn't buy a security system, your stuff would get stolen sometimes, especially if you lived in a low-class neighborhood.
The game's name (I think) was, or at least included, a person's name. I can't recall if it was a first or last name, but I think it may have been 'John' or 'Jones' or something similar (not entirely sure about this one).
It was a 256-color DOS-based game.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of something like this? It's been bugging me off and on for the past several years. :(

Dark Nation
03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
n/m I found it. :D

Cloral
03-31-2008, 01:26 PM
What was it?

Dark Nation
04-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Jones in the Fast Lane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_in_the_fast_lane

Yeah, it looks kind of dumb by today's standards, but it was fun back then. :D

Xyvol
04-04-2008, 02:08 AM
There's alot of stuff like that that I can remember. Loved the orginal Pirates, played it all the time. And I can still remember when Adventure for the Atari was the best game ever.

Icey
04-06-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm glad you found the game, DN. I've had this happen to me before; the most notable case was when I was looking for a game called Popcorn. It was basically a French version of breakout with some neat powerups; nothing extravagant but I couldn't remember the name of it for ages and it has some nostalgic value for me.