PDA

View Full Version : Cave Exiting Loop

bobrocks95
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
For some reason whenever I exit a cave in my quest, Link immediately walks back down(it's a cave, walk down [A] combo) into the cave without even turning around. I've checked the warp returns and they're one full pixel down from the cave. Also checked my warps, and 2 are cave/item cellars, with another being the entrance to a dungeon, entrance/exit. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using 2.5b758

Pineconn
03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Try one of the following:

1. Try moving the blue warp somewhere else, like down half a tile or directly onto the cave entrance.

2. Check/uncheck the "Old Style Warp Detection" rule (or, honestly, whatever it's called).

3. Reporting it as a bug (?) after group collaboration.

bobrocks95
03-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, turning on Old-Style Warp Detection would make the dungeon un-playable, and I'm assuming moving the tile down would cancel the animation, but fix the problem.
After checking, it does the same thing with the return tile down within 1 1/2 tiles away from the cave. I think this is a problem here.

Zelda_Warrior
04-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Well it is a beta, so maybe it's a freak problem. Try moving the entrance of the cake.

Im assuming that this is the Death Mountain quest, but i dont want to jump the gun.

What does old-style warp detection too? I havent developed a quest since 2.10, i dont know what all this new stuff is ;o Why would it make your dungeon unplay-able?

Could you possible post a screenshot of the tilewarps and the way its set? Im pretty sure you're setting it up right, but its always best to check. Or just tell us how its set exactly.

The_Amaster
04-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Actually, bobrocks went and reported it as a bug, and the issue was resolved.
The help is always appreciated, though. ;)

Master Maniac
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Well it is a beta, so maybe it's a freak problem. Try moving the entrance of the cake.

wow... this thread just made me hungry...

you know no matter where you move it to the magic bean salesman is gonna find it =)

Zelda_Warrior
04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Lol, bad typo.

I dont understand the magic bean thing