PDA

View Full Version : Liquor: Warm or cold?

moocow
03-29-2008, 09:46 PM
So, I'm drinking some bud light and having shots of raspberry vodka (Smirnoff, though I prefer Three Olives)... I like my liquor to be really cold when I do shots. Don't care so much if it's a mixed drink because I put ice in it regardless. I have friends who prefer their liquor to be warm though.

So those of you who drink, what do you prefer?

Just curious.

Icey
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I know a lot of Europeans like their beer and liquor at room temp, but I find that kind of nasty. I would much rather have my alcohol go down cold.

Aliem
03-29-2008, 09:58 PM
It really depends for me... if I'm drinking whiskey, I prefer it room temperature or warmer. If it's jager, or any kind of schnapps, I'll take it cold. I don't drink a lot of vodka, but when I do, it's gotta be ice cold.

As far as beer goes, my preference is a slightly chilled bottle of George Killian's Irish Red.

Blisspath
03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
beer definitely on tap and as cold as possible..when I drink mixed drinks it is usually something frozen like daiquiris or pina coladas..the only warm drinks I like are long island teas and bloody marys.

ShadowTiger
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I would be perfectly happy if it were 0' Kelvin, thank you.

Damn that's cold. :D

Gleeok
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Ice cold! Especially now that summer's coming.

And speaking of ale, anyone ever try Broken Rake? It's a seasonal ale that comes out for like a month at the end of autumn. Fuck. Now that's the tasty ale. Buy in bulk.

Blisspath
03-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Ice cold! Especially now that summer's coming.

And speaking of ale, anyone ever try Broken Rake? It's a seasonal ale that comes out for like a month at the end of autumn. Fuck. Now that's the tasty ale. Buy in bulk.
Yeah..I have tried a couple of autumn brews that I like..I hate it when you find something that you like and it goes away for a year..two drinks I've found that no matter how cold you get them still will burn a hole in your esophagus:)..moonshine and Everclear..and speaking of moonshine..you can buy it again.
http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/

Dechipher
03-29-2008, 10:52 PM
It really depends for me... if I'm drinking whiskey, I prefer it room temperature or warmer. If it's jager, or any kind of schnapps, I'll take it cold. I don't drink a lot of vodka, but when I do, it's gotta be ice cold.

As far as beer goes, my preference is a slightly chilled bottle of George Killian's Irish Red.
I second the whiskey vote. Cold whiskey makes me want to puke.

Vodka - warm is fine
Gin- Warm is okay, but I usually mix it, cause...that's what you're supposed to do with Gin
Any kind of Rum or Whiskey based drink should be room temperature. Even mixed with coke it's better warm.
Beer- don't really drink it but if I do I'd like for it to be cold.

erm2003
03-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Most of my drinks and liquor I like cold so I will go with that. Most of my exceptions have already been mentioned here, like whiskey.

rock_nog
03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I prefer warm, honestly. Not heated warm, but lukewarm. I just feel that the flavor really comes out when it's warm. Beer, wine, liquor... Whatever. I actually feel the same way about soda - I hate soda with ice.

Pineconn
03-30-2008, 02:06 AM
None for me. Give me a good, ice cold Diet Coke.

I would be perfectly happy if it were 0° Kelvin, thank you.

Isn't that technically impossible? ;)

elise
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I know a lot of Europeans like their beer and liquor at room temp, but I find that kind of nasty. I would much rather have my alcohol go down cold.In Europe normally beer is served cold :)

moocow
03-30-2008, 09:57 AM
I will say that when I drink whiskey (which, I don't really, because it makes me weepy and mean as fuck), I prefer it warm. Goes down smoother. I just prefer vodka and rum, really. Don't do tequila anymore, it makes me take people's clothes off and then I black the fuck out...

FirstWizZedd45
03-31-2008, 12:46 PM
I voted ice cold, but it really depends. Like most people have already said, if I'm shooting it, generally I like it room temp. However, I usually put my rum (Captain Morgan's) in the freezer given that I use it in mixed drinks mostly. Beer definately needs to be as cold as possible!

Cloral
03-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Ice cold FTW! I like to keep my vodka in the freezer. It goes down smoother that way for some reason.

Shazza Dani
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I would be perfectly happy if it were 0' Kelvin, thank you.

Damn that's cold. :D

I agree. At least that would be interesting, since I'm not gawna drink it anyway.

I like my water cold. There's an answer that somewhat relates to the topic.

AlexMax
03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
I like my beer cold, ditto for fruity mixed drinks.

As for shots of hard liquor, it depends on what it is. Yukon Jack is especially tasty warm, for example.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Liqour - Room temperature.

Beer - Neither. It's fucking disgusting.

Cloral
03-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Beer - Neither. It's fucking disgusting.
You can pass your beer my way then. I'll gladly drink it. :)