PDA

View Full Version : Working with custom subscreens

bobrocks95
03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
I was working on the default subscreen for DMT, and ran into a small problem. How do I set up up so that:
1)You keep old items, specifically bomb bags and quivers- I both have seen a rule for this (Keep old items) and have seen a thread regarding it. From what I remember, the quest rule didn't work. I'm using the most recent 2.5 beta, by the way
and;
2)You can place graphics for both the old and new items- From what little I've used the subscreen editor, I'm not sure how to set this up. I make a new item, specifically a bomb bag, put the item type as bomb bags, and set it on the screen, but then how would I be able to place the larger bomb bag, since I cannot specifically choose it, just bomb bags in general.

Thanks in advance, and I understand I'll have to give up nice symmetry if this isn't possible.

The_Amaster
03-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Heh, funnily enough this is actually in the next build.
Jmans "Item Override" should handle these.

Although I don't quite understand

You keep old items, specifically bomb bags and quivers-
Why would you want to keep old quivers and bomb bags? They just hold less.

bobrocks95
03-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, while testing it appears that the item will automatically be replaced when you get the higher level one. Will the new item over-ride allow you to choose certain items to allow the old versions to stay? Like, having only the old bomb bags and quivers stay, instead of 4 swords and 3 boomerangs, etc. cluttering up the subscreen?

Heh, just noticed that Amaster. "Hunting Johnny Depp".

The_Amaster
03-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, just place the swords and boomerangs like normal, and they'll upgrade. However, set up three bomb bags with say, Item Overrides of 1, 2, and 3, and they'll display that and only that bag.

Still not sure why you'd ever want to use an old bag, though. Unless you want to increase your bomb capacity additionally. In which case I'm not sure if it would work like that.

bobrocks95
03-29-2008, 09:27 PM
After messing around with it, I've pretty much ditched the idea. It did make me want to re-organize the item order, though, and I think it turned out very nice.